Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones No Filter Opener 2017 for the Upcoming Holiday
Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: May 24, 2019 16:06

What a wonderful video on YouTube.com. Three different sources from the No Filter opener in Hamburg 2017. It's nearly 7 hours long! Huge thanks to the person who posted it.

[www.youtube.com]

Description:
THE ROLLING STONES - HAMBURG SEPT 09 ' 2017 3 SOURCES Tracklist;
01. Sympathy for the Devil (from 1968 album Beggars Banquet)
02. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (from 1974 album It's Only Rock 'n Roll)
03. Tumbling Dice (from 1972 album Exile On Main Street)
04. Out of Controle (from 1997 album Bridges To Babylon)
05. Just Your Fool (Buddy Johnson and His Orchestra cover)(from 2016 album Blue & Lonesome)
06. Ride 'Em on Down (Jimmy Reed cover) (from 2016 album Blue & Lonesome)
07. Play With Fire (first since 23 Feb 1990) (from 1965 U.S Album Out Of Our Heads)
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want (from 1969 album Let It Bleed)
09. Dancing With Mr. D (first since 19 Oct 1973) (from 1973 album Goat's Head Soup)
10. Under My Thumb (by request) (first since 22 Nov 2006) (from 1966 album Aftermath The Rolling Stones)
11. Paint It Black (from 1966 U.S. album Aftermath The Rolling Stones)
12. Honky Tonk Women (followed by band introductions) (from 1969 album Through The Past Darkly Big Hits Vol. 2)
13. Slipping Away (Keith Richards on lead vocals) (from 1989 album Steel Wheels)
14. Happy (Keith Richards on lead vocals) (from 1972 album Exile On Main Street)
15. Midnight Rambler (from 1969 album Let It Bleed)
16. Miss You (from 1978 album Some Girls)
17. Street Fighting Man (from 1968 album Beggars Banquet)
18. Start Me Up (from 1981 album Tattoo You)
19. Brown Sugar (from 1971 album Sticky Fingers)
20. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction ( from 1965 U.S. album Out Of our Heads)
Encore:
21. Gimme Shelter (from 1969 album Let It Bleed)
22. Jumpin' Jack Flash (from 1969 album Through The Past Darkly Big Hit Vol.2)

Legendary rockers The Rolling Stones kicked off the No Filter Tour on Saturday night at Stadtpark in Hamburg. The band’s first show of 2017 and first performance since last October included a handful of surprises including a song the Stones hadn’t performed in 44 years.

Up first on Saturday was “Sympathy For The Devil,” a tune usually fit in towards the end of the band’s set on recent tours but used as the opener in Hamburg. Mick Jagger made a joke referencing the Beatles mentioning Hamburg was a nice place to start a career. The set rolled on with “It’s Only Rock & Roll (But I Like It)” and “Tumbling Dice,” before the group fit in the more recent “Out Of Control” and blues standards “Just Your Fool” and “Ride ‘Em On Down” from their 2016 Blue & Lonesome LP.

The initial huge surprise of the night came next as The Rolling Stones dusted off “Play With Fire” from 1965’s Out Of Our Heads for the first time since February 23, 1990. “You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” a song that served as part of encores for the past five years, was trotted out in the eighth slot. Jagger then took to the mic to announce one of the bust outs in quite some time as The Rolling Stones played “Dancing With Mr. D” for the first time since 1973. The Stones recorded “Dancing With Mr. D” for Goats Head Soup in 1973 and performed it a number of times that year, but the tune had disappeared from the group’s live sets ever since October 19, 1973.

In keeping with recent tradition The Rolling Stones allowed fans to vote on a song played in Hamburg and “Under My Thumb” won over “All Down The Line” and “Emotional Rescue.” The iconic band hadn’t performed “Under My Thumb” since November 22, 2006. “Paint It Black” and “Honky Tonk Women” were followed by a pair of Keith Richards-led tunes: “Slipping Away” and “Happy.” From there, The Stones reeled off one hit after another including “Miss You,” “Street Fighting Man,” “Brown Sugar” and “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” to end the 20-song main set. Jagger & Co. said farewell with a “Gimme Shelter”/”Jumpin’ Jack Flash” encore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home