Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Moonlight Mile - Jimmy Webb cover
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 19, 2019 09:55

Here's a lovely new cover version of "Moonlight Mile" by Jimmy Webb (Wichita Lineman, MacArthur Park, etc). Piano instrumental. Something a little different but very nice.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Moonlight Mile - Jimmy Webb cover
Date: May 19, 2019 12:42

That is a good version. I like it when someone takes a cover way off into new, unchartered territories. It should always be like that, but especially with such an iconic pure Stones cut, it is absurd to try and do it just like the Stones.

[youtu.be]

Whenever a cover of MM comes up this is the only one that comes to mind for me.

Eit - just wanted to say that I hate all the ads on Tube now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 12:43 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2019 14:07

Tim Ries from his second album …… [www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: May 19, 2019 14:30

Palace Revolution 2000
That is a good version. I like it when someone takes a cover way off into new, unchartered territories. It should always be like that, but especially with such an iconic pure Stones cut, it is absurd to try and do it just like the Stones.

[youtu.be]

this is a bit more straight forward but i rather like this one too. flaming lips are 1 of my favorite bands & they did a nice job i think

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 19, 2019 17:06

Moonlight Mile
covered by the 5th Dimension:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 19, 2019 19:35

What a beautiful cover by Webb of what I think is the Stones most beautiful song. Thanks for the share.

Date: May 20, 2019 03:01

schillid
Moonlight Mile

[www.youtube.com]

Oh wow, I had never heard this. Love that. The harmonies change it completely. They actually modulate. This is so great; like waiting at the dentist's phone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 03:03 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: May 20, 2019 13:37

crholmstrom
Palace Revolution 2000

[youtu.be]

this is a bit more straight forward but i rather like this one too. flaming lips are 1 of my favorite bands & they did a nice job i think

[www.youtube.com]

I want to say that there is an even better quality version of the Lips doing this one; at different show. I really don't like the Lips much anymore. Around 'Transmissions' they started making beautiful music; and through "Clouds', "Bulletin' and 'Yoshimi' an especially the two EP's 'Fight Test' and 'Ego Tripping' carried it on.
And I love the film "Fearless Freaks".
Think WayneC. is going places now that his voice can't follow, so the stuff doesn't sound good at all. That is my only criticism because the Lips are fearless. Love the stuff with Miley Cyrus.
Sorry cr, I may need to revisit my stance of current Lips. Just listened to "Oczy Mlody" again - really good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 13:41 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: May 20, 2019 13:41

Palace Revolution 2000
crholmstrom
Palace Revolution 2000

[youtu.be]

[www.youtube.com]

I want to say that there is an even better quality version of the Lips doing this one; at different show. I really don't like the Lips much anymore. Around 'Transmissions' they started making beautiful music; and through "Clouds', "Bulletin' and 'Yoshimi' an especially the two EP's 'Fight Test' and 'Ego Tripping' carried it on.
And I love the film "Fearless Freaks".
Think WayneC. is going places now that his voice can't follow, so the stuff doesn't sound good at all. That is my only criticism because the Lips are fearless. Love the stuff with Miley Cyrus.

i loved the record with miley! & the appearance on SNL with the band in disguise. i just like how the lips have stayed true to themselves & seem to actually care about the fans. its a common thread with bands i really like. & i think steve drodz is a bonafide musical genius, on a level with say brian wilson & prince. sure am glad we didn't lose him to the evil powders.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 20, 2019 17:46

schillid
Moonlight Mile

[www.youtube.com]

This one I knew, nice one. Funnily enough with defused lyrics "and the sky's full of snow".

d.f

Date: May 21, 2019 14:00

dead.flowers
schillid
Moonlight Mile

[www.youtube.com]

This one I knew, nice one. Funnily enough with defused lyrics "and the sky's full of snow".

d.f

It made me go and immediately acquire several of their early albums. That late 60's/early 70's output of their's is fantastic. One thing I learned is that Marilyn McCoo was a Dimension girl.
Damn - '68-73; you look at the album releases every week, and it is mind blowing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-21 14:10 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 22, 2019 07:18

that's really beautiful; thank you.
(webb version)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-22 07:21 by hopkins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home