Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Rehearsals - No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 16:46

looks like they are throwing in a bathroom break for me,,

sad sad sad has to be one of the worst songs done live,,

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 20, 2019 16:54

northernale1

Don't forget Mixed Emotions... another sonic horror grinning smiley
Funny that (in 89) they never tried "Hold On To Your Hat". This is one punkish, one-dimensional, "son of DW" track that would have worked okay during the SW tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-20 16:59 by dcba.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 20, 2019 16:58

Any change is good change. Doesn't matter which songs. Better than same old, same old. I don't understand why some are in love with monotony.
I was expecting same old-same old but this is starting to look exciting. A fresher setlist, maybe even a b-stage? I wonder how many of those good
intentions will find its way into the premiere tomorrow. Many I hope. None says the monotony lovers.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:06

dcba
northernale1

Funny that (in 89) they never tried "Hold On To Your Hat". This is one punkish, one-dimensional, "son of DW" track that would have worked okay during the SW tour.

I love both live versions. Hope they'll do at least 3Sad some times...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:11

Even if some does not like a certain Stones song, it does not mean everyone else share that same "dislike". I mean even if you don't like red wine, they are not supposed to stop selling red wine in general. Others like it. Many others.

Same with Miss You, Mixed Emotions, Sad Sad Sad, You Got Me Rocking, Mercy Mercy and other songs. Some like them, some love them, some say they might do a toilet break. Personally I delay any breaks until after the show is over.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:12

Hard to believe that a person that is a big fan of the Stones that they follow this page finds one of their songs so bad that they refer to it as a bathroom break song. Humans can be awful

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:18

Hound Dog
Hard to believe that a person that is a big fan of the Stones that they follow this page finds one of their songs so bad that they refer to it as a bathroom break song. Humans can be awful
Dogs are more faithful, Hound Dog!grinning smiley

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:22

Anything sung live by the Rolling Stones is fine by me! It sure beats the alternatives

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:25

Yup, and that setlist is fine by me!

Date: June 20, 2019 17:30

its my opinion ,,

and sad sad sad recorded doesnt sound to bad,,

as far as Im concerned it doesnt work live,,

lots of bands have great recorded songs, that just fall flat live

so going for a bathroom break is not unreasonable,

or to be a Stones fan you have to love every song they have ever recorded or play live?

Im sure band members have songs they have to play, that they might not necessarily really like,

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-20 17:33 by northernale1.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:51

If you go to the bathroom because of a preconceived notion that a song is going to suck live, you have no way of knowing if it sucked or not

Date: June 20, 2019 17:54

Nikkei
If you go to the bathroom because of a preconceived notion that a song is going to suck live, you have no way of knowing if it sucked or not

already seen it live many times,,

my preconceived notion comes from experience

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:11

Anything is better than hearing the 1147:th version of Satisfaction or Honky Tonk Women. Anything. Gomper or whichever song. Even Rice Krispies.
As soon as I hear the intro to those songs I'm off. Too much already...

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:17

Sad Sad Sad sounded really good at the rehearsals. I didn't think it was going to be that good at first. Are there other songs id rather hear? Yes of course. But they sounded very strong with that tune. It's going to be a great show!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:41

Considering the circumstances of Mick's health scare, the postponement, and the reschedule, I'm open to hear anything from the band (except Emotional Rescue). Miraculous they're back here at all, and thankfully so as the last public US show was *Vegas '16. Mick was still sick and had difficulty singing, a short setlist, etc.- would have been sad to see them end it here on such a downer and a whimper . Now they've come back to triumphantly reconquer North America , and they have 17 shows to make it happen. Looking forward to hearing the opening riff to Brown Sugar, maybe an extended version of Satisfaction and Miss You, the monotony of It's Only Rock'n'Roll, and even the lame drum loop of Sympathy (w/Keith's messy solo). and the rest of the warhorses. Especially looking forward to Midnight Rambler and Happy again. Throw in an odd "rarity" or two, and it will be hard to complain. It's the STONES in giant stadiums across North America still surviving, rocking, and rolling after all these years...not something to be taken for granted, and I'll be sure to make the most of every minute!
Best of health to the band and fans around the world who will be experiencing these shows either in person or via reports, etc. - we're very lucky to see it continue to happen.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:49

Stonesfan2146
Unverified rehearsal report for yesterday:

3:45pm CT
(Video intro)
1. Street fighting man
2. Let’s spend the night together
3. Tumbling dice
4. Sad sad sad
5. Ride em on down
6. Out of control
7. You can’t always get what you want
8. Play with fire
9. Sweet Virginia
10. Sympathy with false start and restart
11. Slipping away
12. Miss you
13. Paint it black
14. Gimme shelter with false start and restart
15. Satisfaction
End 5:45pm CT (starts raining)

[www.facebook.com]

If YCAGWYW is middle of set, can it be assumed it will be performed without the aid of the local choir?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 20, 2019 19:03

They stopped inviting choirs since the last two or three tours already

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: June 20, 2019 19:32

Hound Dog

There are many reasons humans are awful (look around, especially in the US!), but not liking Sad Sad Sad certainly does not qualify lol

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 20, 2019 19:41

I love Sad Sad Sad live. The studio version is so so IMHO but live it really rocks.

Here's and amazing version from the Tokyo Dome:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 20, 2019 19:46

I think the two additional songs with Mick on guitar are good for him to have some break from dancing

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 19:57

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing StonedRambler..

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 20, 2019 20:34

Nikkei

Sorry, I must have fallen asleep, I thought for the most recent US tour, they placed Get what you want as the first song of the encore, with a backing choir.

The Rolling Stones live in Las Vegas, NV, USA, Saturday Oct. 22, 2016 -

The set list

Jumping Jack Flash
Let's Spend The Night Together
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Tumbling Dice
Ride 'em On Down
Paint It Black
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Little T & A (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
--- Band off stage
You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)
Satisfaction

Date: June 20, 2019 20:37

snorton
Nikkei

Sorry, I must have fallen asleep, I thought for the most recent US tour, they placed Get what you want as the first song of the encore, with a backing choir.
Yeah, but this is the third leg of the No Filter Tour and they did not have a choir on the first and second leg so they wont have one on the third leg.
This tour is seperate from the 50s&Conting/14onFire/Zipcode/ole tour when they had that choir but this tour is a whole new production and a new (well not really new but a bit different) setlist structure.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-20 20:39 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 20, 2019 20:43

Let's hope they didn't drop Midnight Rambler for Sweet Virgina, Play With Fire and Sad Sad Sad

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 20, 2019 20:51

StonedRambler
Let's hope they didn't drop Midnight Rambler for Sweet Virgina, Play With Fire and Sad Sad Sad

That would be sad sad sad if they did, but would love to hear Play With Fire, and also Sweet Virginia which was one of the highlights at Desert Trip wkd.#2 along with Live With Me and Midnight Rambler of course!
Perhaps there will be some alternating tunes in the setlists throughout the tour - surely Midnight Rambler has to be played at some of the shows!!!

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 20:58

dcba
northernale1

Let's face it, both of you are amateur Stone's fans. Sad Sad Sad is great, especially live. This takes the setlist to a new level honestly. Its not about the song, its about the way they perform it. Casual Stones fans (like both of you) are the worst to encounter on msg boards and at the shows. Might as well just not show up imo.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 21:02

Love SW album.
Sad sad is a great song.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 20, 2019 21:10

and don't forget the songs you trash are also loved by many others. Same for my taste too.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: June 20, 2019 21:16

I can't think of a song I'd be disappointed to hear. Firm rule: no liquids an hour before start time!

Looks like posted a video practicing Sad Sad Sad on his Instastory.

Date: June 20, 2019 21:16

Very true
bv
Even if some does not like a certain Stones song, it does not mean everyone else share that same "dislike". I mean even if you don't like red wine, they are not supposed to stop selling red wine in general. Others like it. Many others.

Same with Miss You, Mixed Emotions, Sad Sad Sad, You Got Me Rocking, Mercy Mercy and other songs. Some like them, some love them, some say they might do a toilet break. Personally I delay any breaks until after the show is over.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home