Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16
Re: Rehearsals - No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 21:24

I don't care that much about the setlist.

The Stones are touring. That's all that matters.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 20, 2019 22:17

From the Ron Wood interview:

They've been testing out a secondary stage where the band will migrate for an acoustic set that features "Play with Fire" and "Sweet Virginia," Wood said.

"We'll suddenly be among the people who thought they had bad seats," he joked. "We'll be revisiting songs from way back when, which I'm really excited about."

Date: June 20, 2019 22:26

Gaetzi

They've been testing out a secondary stage where the band will migrate for an acoustic set that features "Play with Fire" and "Sweet Virginia," Wood said.

"We'll suddenly be among the people who thought they had bad seats," he joked. "We'll be revisiting songs from way back when, which I'm really excited about."

where has ron wood been almost the last 20 years?

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 20, 2019 22:50

"bad seats"... like the band is going to take an elevator up to the nose bleeds

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 20, 2019 23:29

Would be great if they would play Sweet Virginia full acoustic again. They always did it with two electric guitars in recent years

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 23:36

Gaetzi

Now this is something cool and new they haven't done at all in recent years. Reminds me of the mini acoustic set during the 1969-1970 tours where they did "Prodigal Son" and "You Gotta Move."

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:02

ron091
Anything sung live by the Rolling Stones is fine by me! It sure beats the alternatives

You better believe it. We are blessed and some don't even know it!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:14

steffialicia
ron091
Anything sung live by the Rolling Stones is fine by me! It sure beats the alternatives
for Miami
You better believe it. We are blessed and some don't even know it!!

Yep you're in great shape seat wise! I do not know what is going to happen -I'm a first time Lucky Dipper.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:18

JordyLicks96
Gaetzi

Now this is something cool and new they haven't done at all in recent years. Reminds me of the mini acoustic set during the 1969-1970 tours where they did "Prodigal Son" and "You Gotta Move."
Actually they did it also in the VL tour.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:29

Testify
JordyLicks96
Gaetzi

Oh yeah! They did that more during the European leg of the tour if I'm not mistaken. This is cool that they have a secondary stage for the acoustic set that they'll move to.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 21, 2019 01:27

WelshEdge1
I don't care that much about the setlist.

The Stones are touring. That's all that matters.

And it's going to be a good one! smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 21, 2019 01:55

I have updated the rehearsals pages to include a report on Stoneslife.org from London and Chicago. Also, some more info will be added later today.

DO NOT USE THE LINKS BELOW if you want to be surprised on Friday, as there is info about songs rehearsed and more.

Rehearsals link to be found on the 2019 Tour pages:

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour USA 2019

Direct link to the 2019 rehearsals pages:

The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour Rehearsals 2019

Stoneslife.org rehearsals 2019 article direct link:

The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019 rehearsals

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 01:55 by bv.

Date: June 21, 2019 02:10

Thanks Bjornulf - excellent writing and excellent pics of Chicago! Looking forward to much more over the next couple of months!
Hope to see you again somewhere down the line, be it Chicago (my wife and I will be there for show #2), Santa Clara, Pasadena, or Glendale...and maybe somewhere else if I can squeeze in another stop! thumbs up

Date: June 21, 2019 06:22

Testify
JordyLicks96
Gaetzi

and in 1997 too right?

Date: June 21, 2019 08:10

keefriffhard4life
Testify
JordyLicks96
Gaetzi

and in 1997 too right?

No acoustic sets in 1997..

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 21, 2019 13:48

It's June 21, 2019 3:47 AM Pacific Standard Time.
Friday.
Starting my pre-warm-up, warm-up stretching.
this fan will be ready

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 14:27

The will have integrated a real stage show for this tour, walking to B-stage and Sympathy will start while they walk back, it while be a whole spectacle a'la Bridges To Babylon tour!!!

Date: June 21, 2019 17:12

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
Testify
JordyLicks96
Gaetzi

and in 1997 too right?

i meant the b-stage. wood comments about it as if the band never did it

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 21, 2019 18:35

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
Testify
JordyLicks96
Gaetzi

and in 1997 too right?

i meant the b-stage. wood comments about it as if the band never did it

I think they did the b-stage thingy on every tour between '94 and '07, acoustic or electric. I don't know about later tours because I haven't seen any shows from those. One has to consider the fact that press articles can twist someone's words a bit, I'm sure Ronnie remembers the b-stage they used previously.

Date: June 21, 2019 19:01

hopkins
It's June 21, 2019 3:47 AM Pacific Standard Time.
Friday.
Starting my pre-warm-up, warm-up stretching.
this fan will be ready

smiling smiley

On a damp SoCal day...whatever happened to Summer?
Meanwhile working out some kinks on my laptop - not a computer geek so a bit frustrating.
Looking forward to tonight's reports and pics! thumbs up

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 21, 2019 20:59

powerage78
Love SW album.
Sad sad is a great song.

Oh yes, and the way Keith brought it to life when he played it live in 89' 90' was really something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 21:00 by keithsman.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 21, 2019 21:12

Sad Sad Sad is as good as any Exile-rocker. One of the very few fine moments on Steel Wheels. Including this (and Harlem Shuffle) would enrich the setlist immensely.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home