Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Tour Rehearsals-?
Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 14, 2019 10:36

DandelionPowderman
Xam
This is far from a secret and
they are enclosed inside so there is no danger to the band....

IF they do what they have done many times before and ya wanna hear the real rehearsals then be outside/around Soldier Field next Tuesday-Wednesday (maybe Thursday, but probably not the night before the opener). It is an open stadium (no roof) so the music will flow... IF they do what they have done many times before which is practice the setlist a couple of nights in the venue where the tour starts. I got to do this 2 nights in a row in Boston outside Fenway, it was by accident... and it was @#$%& spectacular.

We got hear a couple of hours of Stones tunes each night...
AND it was the very first time I EVER heard "Rough Justice". It was @#$%& spectacular!!!

STONES!!!

They also do obscure song during the breaks.

In Oslo Taylor started a You Gotta Move-jam and they went through Sway three times - neither were played on the show the day after smiling smiley
thumbs up It truly is quite amazing! smileys with beer I would loved to have been there to hear them "Ok, lets do it again" playing Sway three times. That is golden.

I think they ran through Rough Justice several times for us in Boston... and it was magical. It was magic because I am an oldazzheard it allStones dork... and out of the night somehow here hear is this BRAND NEW (to my ears) song! It was magic! It makes me forever love that song and want to battle ax anyone who blahblahscrap about it. And of course, I mean battle ax in the nicest way.

Then on the day of the show, wandering around outside Fenway, still looking for a ticket, 3-4 hours before show time... suddenly this glorious sound came from Fenway. It was just a piano... and it was Memory Motel... and then it was Mick singing. Only him and the piano. It was magic. It was the best rendition I ever heard of that song. I can still hear it in my head, still see the blue skys above, still feel that Stones buzz of the upcoming show, I can still feel that as clear as if it just happened. I knew at that moment it was special and I soaked it in.

STONES!!!

Date: June 14, 2019 10:46

Xam
DandelionPowderman
Xam
This is far from a secret and
they are enclosed inside so there is no danger to the band....

IF they do what they have done many times before and ya wanna hear the real rehearsals then be outside/around Soldier Field next Tuesday-Wednesday (maybe Thursday, but probably not the night before the opener). It is an open stadium (no roof) so the music will flow... IF they do what they have done many times before which is practice the setlist a couple of nights in the venue where the tour starts. I got to do this 2 nights in a row in Boston outside Fenway, it was by accident... and it was @#$%& spectacular.

We got hear a couple of hours of Stones tunes each night...
AND it was the very first time I EVER heard "Rough Justice". It was @#$%& spectacular!!!

STONES!!!

They also do obscure song during the breaks.

In Oslo Taylor started a You Gotta Move-jam and they went through Sway three times - neither were played on the show the day after smiling smiley
thumbs up It truly is quite amazing! smileys with beer I would loved to have been there to hear them "Ok, lets do it again" playing Sway three times. That is golden.

I think they ran through Rough Justice several times for us in Boston... and it was magical. It was magic because I am an oldazzheard it allStones dork... and out of the night somehow here hear is this BRAND NEW (to my ears) song! It was magic! It makes me forever love that song and want to battle ax anyone who blahblahscrap about it. And of course, I mean battle ax in the nicest way.

Then on the day of the show, wandering around outside Fenway, still looking for a ticket, 3-4 hours before show time... suddenly this glorious sound came from Fenway. It was just a piano... and it was Memory Motel... and then it was Mick singing. Only him and the piano. It was magic. It was the best rendition I ever heard of that song. I can still hear it in my head, still see the blue skys above, still feel that Stones buzz of the upcoming show, I can still feel that as clear as if it just happened. I knew at that moment it was special and I soaked it in.

STONES!!!

thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 14, 2019 12:37

They have a source who was invited to the rehearsals yesterday on Rocks Off. Maybe he will spill the beans? Recognized a few old IORR:ers on Gazza's site.
A bit hard to navigate there though. Probably because I'm not used to it...

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 14, 2019 19:59

I am sorry, I have not followed this thread too diligently, but do we know where rehearsals are?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 19:59 by CJFP.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 14, 2019 20:20

CJFP
I am sorry, I have not followed this thread too diligently, but do we know where rehearsals are?

It's not been shared here but you can work it out if you do some research.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 14, 2019 20:32

WelshEdge1
CJFP

It's not been shared here but you can work it out if you do some research.

It's very hush hush because we don't want hundreds of reporters and fans standing outside.

No Filter 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 14, 2019 21:25

Yesterday's report of fans being invited in was an indication it was the last day of rehearsals.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 14, 2019 21:31

There is a full report on exactly what happened yesterday on the Rock's Off board.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 14, 2019 21:39

From the Rocks Off Board
Then we were invited in, all 7 of us were ushered inside the entrance of the building and told that we would be allowed in to the rehearsal space after MR & PIB and would be allowed to hear SMU, JJF, GS & S

So a little Setlist Spoiler spinning smiley sticking its tongue out PIB in the second part of the set is new.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 21:40 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 14, 2019 21:54

Good, valid points about the possibility of listening to them rehearse - perhaps even doing a full run through in Chicago. I did a similar thing when they played Foxboro some years ago - can't remember if it was the night before, or two - but it was very cool. If you're in town next Wed./Thurs. - worth a shot!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 14, 2019 21:59

In San Diego on Zip Code they sound checked for a couple of hours the day of the show!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 14, 2019 22:08

Nowadays they usually have a complete day of rest before the tour opener. In Oslo 2014 they did what turned out to be the setlist in full at the venue 2 days before the show with nothing in between. Hamburg 2017 was 9 songs, including all of the deeper cuts played and 2 B&L tracks.

This time I’ll miss the final rehearsal in Chicago but I’ll be at the show proper itself. Likewise Dublin last year. Last year the Stones’ Tour consumed nearly 2/3 of my work leave allowance !

I’ve just seen the Rocks Off post. Just, Wow!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 14, 2019 22:36

In Buffalo we heard CYHMK soundcheck before the gates opened, everyone in the area was stoked that we were most likely getting it that night....and we did!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 22:37 by Maindefender.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 14, 2019 22:43

From the IORR news pages:

Jun 14: Tour rehearsals in London finished
The Rolling Stones rehearsals in London UK finished yesterday. The band is now moving on to Chicago, IL, USA, preparing for the No Filter US Tour start Friday June 21.

Bjornulf

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: June 14, 2019 22:54

bv
From the IORR news pages:

Jun 14: Tour rehearsals in London finished
The Rolling Stones rehearsals in London UK finished yesterday. The band is now moving on to Chicago, IL, USA, preparing for the No Filter US Tour start Friday June 21.

Thanks for the update Bjornulf and congrats on your amazing experience on 13 Jun! I hope you will write about it some day soon in the Stoneslife tour blog.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:04

From Rocks Off:

So yesterday Thursday June 13 I decided to go to London and find the Stones Rehearsal site and see what was going on. I figured that yesterday was most likely to be the final day so if I was going to be lucky in any way I had to go.
I arrived at about 3.30pm to find Bjornulf and Linda in situ at my 1st choice of likely sites so to say I was delighted in my success would be an understatement!
After some reassurance to Bjornulf that I was genuine I established that all the band bar Mick were already in the building and within 20 minutes of my arrival Mick was driven past to complete the band.
By this time 2 more fans had arrived to try to hear what was being rehearsed (which was proving to be extremely difficult in the windy conditions).
We could make out certain songs like TD, HTW & SFTD.

Before I had realised it the time had got round to 6pm when the band had decided to take a break, it was during this break that the band's security came out to speak to Bjornulf which caused a ripple of excitement amongst the rest of us fans (now numbering 6) all secretly hoping that we were going to be invited in to listen to the band rehearsing.
Then we were invited in, all 7 of us were ushered inside the entrance of the building and told that we would be allowed in to the rehearsal space after MR & PIB and would be allowed to hear SMU, JJF, GS & S.
This was more than I or any of us could have dreamt of our favourite band allowing us to see and hear them rehearse and I can confirm they sounded and looked good and tour ready.
And then it was over 4 songs and I was pinching myself to check am I dreaming?
It was surreal but to be invited by the band and then acknowledged after the 4 songs was humbling and I know I was fortunate and privileged to witness them in such a "raw" environment.
Or as Gazza put it "You lucky bastard"

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:14

I think there's a very good chance Chicago gets a club show.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:22

GAFF

What causes you to think that? Reason I have a hard time envisioning it is that I think all eyes will be on the band for their debut after Mick' procedure, which is why I would think they would wait until Friday night to debut.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:27

Dougratajczak87
GAFF

What causes you to think that? Reason I have a hard time envisioning it is that I think all eyes will be on the band for their debut after Mick' procedure, which is why I would think they would wait until Friday night to debut.

Apparently Charlie's cymbal rep heard from Charlie that Mick wants to test himself out before the first show. The way he put it, it sounded like Mick's considering a club show.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 14, 2019 23:33

Dougratajczak87
GAFF

I agree. Don't think there's a chance of a club show before Friday. Wouldn't make sense. The only other available day would be Sunday.

Date: June 14, 2019 23:40

GAFF

I don't think so.

Bjornulf

Date: June 14, 2019 23:42

They will probably do the standard routine of dress rehearsals and soundchecks at the venue, once they arrive into Chicago, and have got rid of the worst jetlag.

Bjornulf

Date: June 14, 2019 23:55

The London rehearsals were wind, rain, more rain, airplanes, helicopters, cars and more cars, trucks, seagulls, cold, colder, patience, waiting, more waiting, listening, joy, happiness, smiles and great unforgettable moments in beetween that. And so many songs, different songs.

After the final rehearsals last night I felt so happy but also drained. I need to pick up energy and let the memories sink in, then I will try to write up something about the experiences.

Bjornulf

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 15, 2019 00:03

bv
The London rehearsals were wind, rain, more rain, airplanes, helicopters, cars and more cars, trucks, seagulls, cold, colder, patience, waiting, more waiting, listening, joy, happiness, smiles and great unforgettable moments in beetween that. And so many songs, different songs.

After the final rehearsals last night I felt so happy but also drained. I need to pick up energy and let the memories sink in, then I will try to write up something about the experiences.

Woah yes - that's a tough way to be a fan, but it also ennobles you for the stamina you invest for the band that you love.

So thank you dearly for all of this.

Nevertheless - I'ld wish I'ld have some idea of the songs they reahearsed during the past days... grinning smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 15, 2019 00:33

bv

Thx for sharing!

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 15, 2019 00:46

bleedingman
From Rocks Off:

So yesterday Thursday June 13 I decided to go to London and find the Stones Rehearsal site and see what was going on. I figured that yesterday was most likely to be the final day so if I was going to be lucky in any way I had to go.
I arrived at about 3.30pm to find Bjornulf and Linda in situ at my 1st choice of likely sites so to say I was delighted in my success would be an understatement!
After some reassurance to Bjornulf that I was genuine I established that all the band bar Mick were already in the building and within 20 minutes of my arrival Mick was driven past to complete the band.
By this time 2 more fans had arrived to try to hear what was being rehearsed (which was proving to be extremely difficult in the windy conditions).
We could make out certain songs like TD, HTW & SFTD.

Before I had realised it the time had got round to 6pm when the band had decided to take a break, it was during this break that the band's security came out to speak to Bjornulf which caused a ripple of excitement amongst the rest of us fans (now numbering 6) all secretly hoping that we were going to be invited in to listen to the band rehearsing.
Then we were invited in, all 7 of us were ushered inside the entrance of the building and told that we would be allowed in to the rehearsal space after MR & PIB and would be allowed to hear SMU, JJF, GS & S.
This was more than I or any of us could have dreamt of our favourite band allowing us to see and hear them rehearse and I can confirm they sounded and looked good and tour ready.
And then it was over 4 songs and I was pinching myself to check am I dreaming?
It was surreal but to be invited by the band and then acknowledged after the 4 songs was humbling and I know I was fortunate and privileged to witness them in such a "raw" environment.
Or as Gazza put it "You lucky bastard"

COOL!!! Thanks for reposting, that is a fun great story! Gotta love this band!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 15, 2019 00:51

BV you have to write a Bill Wyman type book some day. You are incredible...thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2019 00:52

Exciting! thumbs up

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 15, 2019 01:12

BV is the best.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2019 01:58

Excitement building (!!)

Arriving early am on Thursday.. hope they schedule a dress rehearsal for that day.
More likely just be there for the sound check, but all is exciting!!

Leaving Seattle exactly one year to the day that I last saw them in Twickenham.
Can't wait!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home