Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16
Re: Tour Rehearsals-?
Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 10, 2019 16:32

TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale
Well one things for certain. Memory Motel was rehearsed on Friday as per Mick's phone in interview that aired this morning on Toronto radio station.

They will play "Memory Motel" in Boston. It's a tradition by now.
I hope they play it in NY!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 10, 2019 16:43

PalaisRoyale
Well one things for certain. Memory Motel was rehearsed on Friday as per Mick's phone in interview that aired this morning on Toronto radio station.

Interesting, is there a replay of that interview available somewhere ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: June 10, 2019 16:49

Q107 Toronto

Date: June 10, 2019 16:49

TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale

They will play "Memory Motel" in Boston. It's a tradition by now.

I hope not. Considering that 90% of the set list has also become a tradition by now.

That would only leave maybe 1 other song open for variation from past shows in the area.

Maybe they should perform it in New Orleans this time .... for the people making the trip from Baton Rouge.

Date: June 10, 2019 17:23

History says they will play many different songs during the rehearsals but when the actual tour starts they play the same setlist as before with 1 or 2 different songs.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 10, 2019 19:11

We know they rehearse songs that never get played (Slave, as presented on FOUR FLICKS, aside from whatever else).

So maybe there will be some surprises.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: June 10, 2019 20:35

Heard it thru the Grapevine and Dock of the Bay!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 10, 2019 22:27

Palace Revolution 2000
keithsman
Christiaan
Look at Keith when he sings, looks like to be a bit emotional!

Keith is emotion, he sings that way, he saves Mick on this one i think, Mick can't really sing as in actually sing, it's a strange thing really, Mick somehow lost his voice identity over the years, it's become lean and self conscious, full of absenteeism giving the minimum away of himself, but using just enough to get the job done, probably to save his voice, can't blame him though, that is one fragile voice that can brake at any minute.
It's a studio voice really, not sure that it ever existed in a live setting, funnily enough i thought he was much better last year when i saw them, at times he was the old Jagger giving it some welly, and then seemingly aware of giving too much away unnecessary he would pull it back in and save it.

IAW Keithsman here. First I was going to reply Christian too, that by now Keith seems emotional every time he steps up to the mic, which is pretty cool. I think he feels their own history in some way.
And I have said this several times about Jagger - but keithsman says it almost better. Jagger has developed this weird sing-song, that isn't even singing anymore. Bernard does the heavy lifting. As much as Jagger is touted as a wonder of nature - he is after all 75 years old, and running all over the freakin sTadium. His singing style could be called 'pragmatic'.

Yes pragmatic indeed, but even when it's the last show of the tour, still he holds back, and you just come away thinking, well that's just how he sings now, or you come away with the feeling it's all business as usual, like it's more business than it is Rock & Roll, and a part of me thinks this feels like it's acting at being Rock.

No Filter 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2019 22:50

Getting ready

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 10, 2019 23:11

Thanks for your updates, bye bye Johnny!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 10, 2019 23:51

keithsman
Yes pragmatic indeed, but even when it's the last show of the tour, still he holds back, and you just come away thinking, well that's just how he sings now, or you come away with the feeling it's all business as usual, like it's more business than it is Rock & Roll, and a part of me thinks this feels like it's acting at being Rock.

The Stones are old men, even at the end of a tour I don´t expect them to act like there´s no tomorrow. At their age they still deliver almost incredible shows - a million miles away from the sad sight of the band currently travelling as THE WHO.

Of course these days it´s more routine than it used to be in the mid 70s, the wild and menacing Stones are history since 1982. But even if it´s more like "acting" nowadays - they are pretty good actors...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 10, 2019 23:52

PalaisRoyale

Great interview, if you ignore the first couple of minutes with the comedian part... Mick says in the taped interview, about Memory Motel: "we actually rehearsed that one the other day". So not really on Friday, even if the broadcast might have been then.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 00:11 by bv.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: June 11, 2019 00:45

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear a deep cuts set list. Problem is,it won't happen.
They haven't played in Canada in 6 years. For the casual concert goer, that's a long time.
If they've paid $1000 for two tickets (like I have) they are expecting to hear well known songs.
Were I to see an act I'm just a casual fan of? I'd expect the same thing. I'm just not that acquainted with their catalogue.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 01:09

the performances of the european tour last year was far better than some of the concerts played during the 1975-76 tours where they were lazy and going through the motions at times, often jagger snarling out the words and the band playing out of tune.

the general opinion that they are not as good as they used to be is not 100% true.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 11, 2019 01:52

50 years of Cblues it's Time to play it ....

Date: June 11, 2019 02:06

HMS
keithsman

The Stones are old men, even at the end of a tour I don´t expect them to act like there´s no tomorrow. At their age they still deliver almost incredible shows - a million miles away from the sad sight of the band currently travelling as THE WHO.

Of course these days it´s more routine than it used to be in the mid 70s, the wild and menacing Stones are history since 1982. But even if it´s more like "acting" nowadays - they are pretty good actors...

Yeah i like that, they are pretty good actors, and yes it's easy to forget their ages touring since 2012, remarkable that we dare criticize them at all really, that's the trouble, they are such good actors we completely forget their ages.

As for the Who, can't agree, Rogers singing and Pete's playing is so good and so sincere that they don't need to act at all..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 02:08 by keithsman.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 11, 2019 03:40

buttons67
the performances of the european tour last year was far better than some of the concerts played during the 1975-76 tours where they were lazy and going through the motions at times, often jagger snarling out the words and the band playing out of tune.

the general opinion that they are not as good as they used to be is not 100% true.

Agree. I first saw the band in '75 and their best show out of the 54 I've seen was the second Paris show on October 22nd, 2017.

plexi

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2019 06:30

The Daily Mail had a pic of Ronnie, so they know where they are. What about the others, I'm sort of anxious to see them

Posted by: Tubeman ()
Date: June 11, 2019 08:26

The rehearsals are in a location they are familiar with, high security and soundproof, you are unlikely to hear anything unless you have special privledges to get closer to the building. No point in trying to listen to them.

Will not disclose location, I only know as I can recognise the rehearsal studio from past visits. The fact that they are not posting a lot of photos from rehearsals implies they want privacy, which we should respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 12:04 by bv.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 11, 2019 10:08

HMS
keithsman

And do not forget that in their prime a show lasted about 1 hour 10 minutes (e.g. Tour of Europe 1973) - of course sometimes there were two shows per day which would make it 2 hours 20 minutes - while nowadays it is 2 hours plus.

Date: June 11, 2019 11:21

When people say the Stones are as good as they were i usually end the argument with a couple youtube clips from 89' 90' . The Stones are as good as Keith Richards is, Keith was a force of nature, something beyond description really, please don't tell me the Stones are as good as they were 30 years ago.
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 11, 2019 12:01

gotdablouse
PalaisRoyale

Interesting, is there a replay of that interview available somewhere ?

Mick interview - Q107 Radio, June 10

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 11, 2019 14:25

really hope they get to SLAVE on this tour..

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 12, 2019 19:07

dennycranium
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear a deep cuts set list. Problem is,it won't happen.
They haven't played in Canada in 6 years. For the casual concert goer, that's a long time.
If they've paid $1000 for two tickets (like I have) they are expecting to hear well known songs.
Were I to see an act I'm just a casual fan of? I'd expect the same thing. I'm just not that acquainted with their catalogue.

Saw them in Quebec City in 2015.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 12, 2019 20:12

SLAVE is my wife's ringtone!!! 8 days and counting... Woo-hoo...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 14, 2019 03:05

Over on Rocks Off they are saying that some fans were invited into Thursday's rehearsal.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 14, 2019 03:29

bleedingman
Over on Rocks Off they are saying that some fans were invited into Thursday's rehearsal.

Damn!

I was going to go on Friday!

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 14, 2019 03:58

This is far from a secret and
they are enclosed inside so there is no danger to the band....

IF they do what they have done many times before and ya wanna hear the real rehearsals then be outside/around Soldier Field next Tuesday-Wednesday (maybe Thursday, but probably not the night before the opener). It is an open stadium (no roof) so the music will flow... IF they do what they have done many times before which is practice the setlist a couple of nights in the venue where the tour starts. I got to do this 2 nights in a row in Boston outside Fenway, it was by accident... and it was @#$%& spectacular.

We got hear a couple of hours of Stones tunes each night...
AND it was the very first time I EVER heard "Rough Justice". It was @#$%& spectacular!!!

STONES!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-14 04:03 by Xam.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 14, 2019 04:02

Based on infinite reports from infinite people at many shows over the last several tours the Stones are as good as better than they were 30 years ago.

It may be magic... but it is.

Date: June 14, 2019 10:16

Xam
This is far from a secret and
they are enclosed inside so there is no danger to the band....

IF they do what they have done many times before and ya wanna hear the real rehearsals then be outside/around Soldier Field next Tuesday-Wednesday (maybe Thursday, but probably not the night before the opener). It is an open stadium (no roof) so the music will flow... IF they do what they have done many times before which is practice the setlist a couple of nights in the venue where the tour starts. I got to do this 2 nights in a row in Boston outside Fenway, it was by accident... and it was @#$%& spectacular.

We got hear a couple of hours of Stones tunes each night...
AND it was the very first time I EVER heard "Rough Justice". It was @#$%& spectacular!!!

STONES!!!

They also do obscure song during the breaks.

In Oslo Taylor started a You Gotta Move-jam and they went through Sway three times - neither were played on the show the day after smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home