Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 16
Re: No Filter 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2019 22:08

bye bye johnny
From Keith's interview with Jane Stevenson, published in the Toronto Sun June 7:

In the meantime, Richards says the Stones tour rehearsals are going great with some changes from the No Filter set list in Europe for the North American leg.

“We’re rehearsing, going through it all, we’re doing maintenance,” he says with a laugh.

“It’s coming along very well. It’s cool yeah. We’re making a few changes. We’re trying to come up with some lesser known favourites, Stones things, so that’s been interesting. Some of them I haven’t heard in 20 years.”

[torontosun.com]

thumbs up

Re: No Filter 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 7, 2019 22:12

bye bye johnny
...We’re trying
[torontosun.com]

I think that´s the most important part.grinning smiley

Re: Tour Rehearsals-?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:10

I will not close this thread, but I will start moderating more efficiently here now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:12

bv
I will not close this thread, but I will start moderating more efficiently here now.

Excellent - thank you!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:24

“It’s coming along very well. It’s cool yeah. We’re making a few changes. We’re trying to come up with some lesser known favourites,
Stones things, so that’s been interesting. Some of them I haven’t heard in 20 years.”

Okey, thanks for the info Toronto Sun. I have a feeling that sort of statements have been made before. I'm not so sure it adds up to anything.
Maybe we will have two new semi-warhorses in the first third of the set though. Let's hope for that.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:37

CindyC
bv

Excellent - thank you!

Fair enough! Let's look out for each other!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 8, 2019 00:24

20 years... Flip The Switch & Saint of Me???
Works as Bridges to Bremen promotio!!!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 8, 2019 00:45

Bring back Saint of Me......one of my favorite post Tattoo songs.....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 8, 2019 00:54

Out of Control.. always a great live song!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 8, 2019 01:22

Aside from the 2 BRIDGES singles mentioned, maybe they'll surprise a few shows with Lowdown or You Don't Have To Mean It, maybe even Thief In The Night. Which would be fantastic!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 8, 2019 02:12

Woz
Bring back Saint of Me......one of my favorite post Tattoo songs.....

Yes. thumbs up

Saw a great version at Vredenburg '03 with everyone in the crowd singing the chorus (almost prompting the band to to extend it) - now having visions of an entire football stadium doing the same.

"I SAID YEAH, OH YEAH, OH YEAH..."!!!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 8, 2019 04:04

I usually look at the rehearsals or setlists leading up to a show, whether it's The Stones or whoever, I am too anxious to hold out. I don't let it spoil my fun either way.

This not knowing what they're up to trying out right now is cool, let it be a surprise come Chicago time... They'll throw in some one-offs as they go along anyway.

I figure seeing The Rolling Stones do one number I've never seen 'em do before makes that gig pretty special for me.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 8, 2019 09:22

Great, it sounds like there will be some rarer songs in the set. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Date: June 8, 2019 09:23

GasLightStreet
Aside from the 2 BRIDGES singles mentioned, maybe they'll surprise a few shows with Lowdown or You Don't Have To Mean It, maybe even Thief In The Night. Which would be fantastic!

I would rather hear those 3 than hear "Saint of Me".

The last thing they need to rehearse is another crowd sing-along.

There are more than enough already with "Miss You" ,the modern day version of "Sympathy for the Devil", sometimes "Like a Rolling Stone" etc. etc..

I want to hear the Rolling Stones singing their material,not the crowd singing.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 8, 2019 12:32

[I'm speculating here I have NO insider info] :

how about the return of the acoustic set they did on the VL tour? 3 songs sitting on stools and "No Expectations" "Factory Girl" and others played again!! hot smiley

That would be great, right?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 8, 2019 12:43

dcba

how about the return of the acoustic set they did on the VL tour? 3 songs sitting on stools and "No Expectations" "Factory Girl" and others played again!! hot smiley

unlikely – the did an accoustic version of Play With Fire at the opening night of the No Filter tour (Hamburg 2017) but dropped that accoustic spot immediately afterwards. Maybe the audience didn't cheer loud enough for Jagger's ears?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 8, 2019 13:54

I wonder if the at the conclusion of the London rehearsals they will play a live a gig in a small club somewhere in London. They have said before that it is a good practice before stepping on the big stage.
Long live the Rolling Stones!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 8, 2019 14:05

Keith Richards talking to Toronto SUN about his band mate Mick Jagger:

“He went through it very easily,” said Richards. “He’s in great shape — rocking. As I say, it seemed to be no problem at all really.”

Rest assured, Mick is in a great shape, as is Keith and the rest of The Rolling Stones. They are so ready to rock America. If you do not have a ticket for one of their 17 shows this summer, sell your old sofa, get rid of your car, or just hitch hike to the nearest show, even outside the building where they play, you will immediately pick up their energy and the rock'n'roll and have a great, great memory for the rest of your life. They are so ready to rock really.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 8, 2019 14:20

frankotero
Great, it sounds like there will be some rarer songs in the set. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

That would be awesome! Do you have a source for this information?

Date: June 8, 2019 14:53

Koen
frankotero

That would be awesome! Do you have a source for this information?

[iorr.org]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 8, 2019 17:19

Including Keith solo ? smoking smiley

MisterDDDD
Out of Control.. always a great live song!

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 8, 2019 18:00

dcba

That's the best idea which I have heard in ages.

The Stones are still very good at performing these types of acoustic songs.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 8, 2019 20:53

Any news which songs they are rehearsing?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 8, 2019 21:44

mtaylor

I don't wanna be a spoilsport – but does it really matters what they rehearse? (especially when we kept in mind that whatever they rehearse only one or two, maybe three unusual/surpising songs make it on the setlists?)

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 8, 2019 21:49

slewan
mtaylor

I don't wanna be a spoilsport – but does it really matters what they rehearse? (especially when we kept in mind that whatever they rehearse only one or two, maybe three unusual/surpising songs make it on the setlists?)

We used to have rehearsal news on previous tours, so why not?
Some people go to concert and use 90% of the time on the cell-phone.
So for them obviously it doesn't matter which song they play.
For real Stones fans it is interesting which songs they rehearse and not which shoes they wear or which color the shirt is....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 8, 2019 23:23

I hear you, Taylor. But in order to receive rehearsal news you need a source. Either someone from inside or fans from outside. At the present time we don't have that.
At least no someone reporting back here. So all we can do is wait and see.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 10, 2019 13:15

Yes I'm sure that if there were "boots on the ground" like in 2012/2013/2014 we would have had some daily news from the rehearsals. Maybe the location is just not accessible this time around. Didn't the same happen in 2017 when they rehearsed for the NF Tour? Can't remember any reports either but maybe my memory fails me.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 10, 2019 14:12

keithsman
Christiaan
Look at Keith when he sings, looks like to be a bit emotional!

Keith is emotion, he sings that way, he saves Mick on this one i think, Mick can't really sing as in actually sing, it's a strange thing really, Mick somehow lost his voice identity over the years, it's become lean and self conscious, full of absenteeism giving the minimum away of himself, but using just enough to get the job done, probably to save his voice, can't blame him though, that is one fragile voice that can brake at any minute.
It's a studio voice really, not sure that it ever existed in a live setting, funnily enough i thought he was much better last year when i saw them, at times he was the old Jagger giving it some welly, and then seemingly aware of giving too much away unnecessary he would pull it back in and save it.

IAW Keithsman here. First I was going to reply Christian too, that by now Keith seems emotional every time he steps up to the mic, which is pretty cool. I think he feels their own history in some way.
And I have said this several times about Jagger - but keithsman says it almost better. Jagger has developed this weird sing-song, that isn't even singing anymore. Bernard does the heavy lifting. As much as Jagger is touted as a wonder of nature - he is after all 75 years old, and running all over the freakin sTadium. His singing style could be called 'pragmatic'.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: June 10, 2019 16:15

Well one things for certain. Memory Motel was rehearsed on Friday as per Mick's phone in interview that aired this morning on Toronto radio station.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 10, 2019 16:20

PalaisRoyale
Well one things for certain. Memory Motel was rehearsed on Friday as per Mick's phone in interview that aired this morning on Toronto radio station.

They will likely play "Memory Motel" in Boston. It's a tradition by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-10 17:30 by TornAndFried.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home