Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16
Re: Tour Rehearsals-?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 6, 2019 14:26

Sorry about messing up the threads here. Set list wish lists should of course not be here, in the rehearsals thread, but rather here:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions

I will delete wish list posts here, in order not to mess up this "Rehearsals" thread. Sorry about that.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-06 15:00 by bv.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 6, 2019 15:49

When will the last day of rehearsals be? Next Friday?

I guess they'll do 2 weeks of rehearsals with the touring band? They started this Monday, going by Sasha's Instagram.

Exciting!

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: June 6, 2019 16:03

If I were in Bjornulf shoes, being the stones veteran he is, i wouldnt ever tell where or what they are rehearsing. Maybe if this was 20 yrs ago it would be a different story.

No Filter 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 6, 2019 19:42

Ronnie & Sally Wood - London, June 5.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 6, 2019 20:16

muncy23, why would it be a different story 20 years ago?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 6, 2019 20:33

Palace Revolution 2000
triceratops
35love
TumblinDice76
Never been a fan of "Like a Rolling Stone". Way over done by everybody and when the Stones do it live it just seems like they are reaching.

It was momentous at Old Trafford Stadium 2018. Mick had the entire crowd in the palm of his hand.
That’s what I gathered from the live video caught during the show.

I thought this was always one of the best covers they chose. They pulled it off so well. When Jagger gets to the actual words "like a Rolling Stone" it makes me emotional. I like that Jagger gets up on Keith in chorus too.

Best coverage of Like A Rolling Stone. It’s my YouTube, a bit of luck with the filming I have to admit. Great warm day, Great show a year and a day back!

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-06 20:33 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 6, 2019 20:36

Look at Keith when he sings, looks like to be a bit emotional!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2019 20:37

This thread reminds me of Kremlinology...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2019 20:58

Christiaan

Best coverage of Like A Rolling Stone. It’s my YouTube, a bit of luck with the filming I have to admit. Great warm day, Great show a year and a day back!

[youtu.be]

Love this!
First day and Stones concert ever for me in the UK.
Lucky Dip pit and all I can see of me in your footage is my tattooed arm pumping!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:00

muncy23
If I were in Bjornulf shoes, being the stones veteran he is, i wouldnt ever tell where or what they are rehearsing. Maybe if this was 20 yrs ago it would be a different story.

Me either. Mick who?

Thanks for pics of Ronnie!

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:14

peoplewitheyes

As BV has stated, everything after 2012 is just a bonus. This is a different band than it used to be we should have patience and enjoy the band as they are. It is no longer a 3 year world tour but a simplified powerful string of 16 stadium shows. I would want to enjoy every last second of it in peace rather than to deal with "dream setlister's" and all the other unreasonable Stones fans on here who think they are robots and not humans. It used to be that we could say hey, what are they rehearsing and hope they play this or that, and then they would tour and play a different set every night and over 120 different songs on the tour. NO longer like that and people just dont understand, or are not smart enough to "get it". If you are BV, why waste time and energy when you know exactly what is going to happen on this board? And why the hell would he want to disclose a closely held secret location, and disrespect the band, and not to mention...His PEACE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-06 21:18 by muncy23.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:31

I understand that it´s top secret WHERE they rehearse.
But why is it top secret WHAT they rehearse?
Not that I care too much, they´re gonna play their usual set of warhorses, just asking.

Date: June 6, 2019 23:23

peoplewitheyes

Twentytwo years ago we met Charlie in the streets of Chicago wandering around between the two shows, he never had security and they did not bother much about back doors and secrets.

Twenty years ago they used to rehearse weeks and weeks all summer in Toronto, before every tour, and it was a quiet thing when they walked over and signed for a lot and posted and we made pictures and they walked to the fans on both sides and took their time. This did even happen at rehearsals in Brussels/Vilvorde, Amsterdam and many other places.

Twenty years ago they did not have internet.

These days the shows are worth ten million dollars each and security is much tighter. You may broadcast what they do and where they are all over to the world within a second. Both to fans and to idiots who have other purposes.

It shound not be necessary to say that these days with Internet anyone may do harm by just the push of a button.

Bjornulf

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 6, 2019 23:32

Christiaan

Keith is emotion, he sings that way, he saves Mick on this one i think, Mick can't really sing as in actually sing, it's a strange thing really, Mick somehow lost his voice identity over the years, it's become lean and self conscious, full of absenteeism giving the minimum away of himself, but using just enough to get the job done, probably to save his voice, can't blame him though, that is one fragile voice that can brake at any minute.
It's a studio voice really, not sure that it ever existed in a live setting, funnily enough i thought he was much better last year when i saw them, at times he was the old Jagger giving it some welly, and then seemingly aware of giving too much away unnecessary he would pull it back in and save it.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 7, 2019 16:11

HMS
I understand that it´s top secret WHERE they rehearse.
But why is it top secret WHAT they rehearse?
Not that I care too much, they´re gonna play their usual set of warhorses, just asking.
thumbs upthumbs up

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 7, 2019 16:22

MisterDDDD
Thanks for the valuable info and your time Bjornulf.

Looking forward to reading about your rehearsal experiences if you choose to write about them at a later date. Enjoy!

I guess you are being sarcastic.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 7, 2019 16:24

bv has made clear he is at the reharsals as a private man not as his website's reporter, so anything that he is willing to share should meet our gratefulness.

yes of course rehearsal used to be fun and a thrilling moment for us fans that could not be there in person. some they want to be served news and reports with arrogance, the vast majority I believe can't travel around the world because of their job and just love to be there in spirit.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 7, 2019 16:29

maumau
bv has made clear he is at the reharsals as a private man not as his website's reporter, so anything that he is willing to share should meet our gratefulness.

yes of course rehearsal used to be fun and a thrilling moment for us fans that could not be there in person. some they want to be served news and reports with arrogance, the vast majority I believe can't travel around the world because of their job and just love to be there in spirit.

thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2019 16:46

TornAndFried
MisterDDDD

Looking forward to reading about your rehearsal experiences if you choose to write about them at a later date. Enjoy!

Not at all.
You?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 7, 2019 16:51

doesn't seem much point in coming here then if everything is top secret.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 7, 2019 16:51

What has happened to us confused smiley

I am beyond excited to know that THE ROLLING STONES are CURRENTLY rehearsing for an upcoming tour...

Two weeks from today in CHICAGO, IL USA hot smiley

WE WILL ROCK AGAIN!

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 7, 2019 17:21

MisterDDDD
TornAndFried
MisterDDDD

Not at all

Delete

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 23:42 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 7, 2019 17:51

nice.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 7, 2019 17:56

So let me get this right, a gentlemen who has a connection with the band creates a website where he can share information with us the fans that we normally wouldn't get without his site. He also gives us a place to interact with other Stones fans, and people actually have the audacity to complain about what information he chooses to share? I'm not so sure I understand the world we live in these days. I am grateful for ANY information he chooses to share with us and am extremely grateful that I can share thoughts with other fans.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 7, 2019 19:41

“Get off your a*s and go look for them yourself.”

LOL

Date: June 7, 2019 19:49

Enough is enough. Time to move on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: June 7, 2019 20:02

I think people should go and enjoy their weekend and listen to Honk.winking smiley

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: June 7, 2019 20:11

Some more stupid comments from Mr antiJagger Keithsman always
keithsman
Christiaan

Keith is emotion, he sings that way, he saves Mick on this one i think, Mick can't really sing as in actually sing, it's a strange thing really, Mick somehow lost his voice identity over the years, it's become lean and self conscious, full of absenteeism giving the minimum away of himself, but using just enough to get the job done, probably to save his voice, can't blame him though, that is one fragile voice that can brake at any minute.
It's a studio voice really, not sure that it ever existed in a live setting, funnily enough i thought he was much better last year when i saw them, at times he was the old Jagger giving it some welly, and then seemingly aware of giving too much away unnecessary he would pull it back in and save it.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 7, 2019 20:29

Sasha has been putting a few rehearsal photos in her insta story, cant see much but it's something!

@sashaallenmusic

No Filter 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 7, 2019 22:00

From Keith's interview with Jane Stevenson, published in the Toronto Sun June 7:

In the meantime, Richards says the Stones tour rehearsals are going great with some changes from the No Filter set list in Europe for the North American leg.

“We’re rehearsing, going through it all, we’re doing maintenance,” he says with a laugh.

“It’s coming along very well. It’s cool yeah. We’re making a few changes. We’re trying to come up with some lesser known favourites, Stones things, so that’s been interesting. Some of them I haven’t heard in 20 years.”

[torontosun.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home