Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 16
Re: Tour Rehearsals-?
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 5, 2019 10:45

bv
I have been following every single rehearsal as long as I can remember, but as I say they are really low profile. Every time I posted about rehearsals, in the past, I got more and more questions and demand - almost orders - for more and more and more, people called me names and told me I was selfish and I did not share and a bunch of other things. Like I was a hired reporter, a public figure, and not a private person.

So to make it simple, I don't want a life where people call me names and demand a lot of info. Blame it on the trolls, blame it on the impatient, blame it on those who do not respect I am a private person. They day I am not at the rehearsals I will probably be seriously ill or ten feet under. Even if I do not want to publish much about rehearsals, due to bad experience with people who always make negative comments, I will write about the shows, if I feel like it, also may be at one stage about rehearsals. But not now.

Yes. They sound great. Mick is in a great shape, his vocals are just perfect, and he is still as energic as in the past, if not even more energic. Charlie is just boom boom fantastic. Keith is riffing the roof off the building with his riffs. Ronnie is good old maestro in all ways. The Rolling Stones are an eternal band as it seems. Chicaco and on will be a blast, a true blessing for Stones fans.

Speaking personally, rehearsals in respect to the deep cuts are so interesting because it's almost like recording a new album. You try out things, and of course sometimes it does Sound bad or you even fail. But the tryouts are interesting so if I'd have the opportunity to watcc rehearsals it would be a thrilling experience, really. For instance, it was a surprise that they brushed up Dancing with Mr D for the Tour of Europe, and it would be interesting to know if they rehearsed other deep cuts frommore Albums.

It is like listening to demos like Sweet Virginia without the background singers or Gimme shelter without Merry Clayton. Althhough I like the Studio versions very much indeed (and Gimme shelter with Merry is simply ingenious!) it is great to hear the work in Progress, and it depends on my mood which version I prefer in a given situation.

Therefore wouldn't it be possible for you to write about the rehearsals when the tour is over? Then you'd avoid the Problems you describe, and us Stones fan could share the experience of the tryouts.

Anyway, as alsways, thank you for everything you do!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 5, 2019 11:09

bv
I have been following every single rehearsal as long as I can remember, but as I say they are really low profile. Every time I posted about rehearsals, in the past, I got more and more questions and demand - almost orders - for more and more and more, people called me names and told me I was selfish and I did not share and a bunch of other things. Like I was a hired reporter, a public figure, and not a private person.

So to make it simple, I don't want a life where people call me names and demand a lot of info. Blame it on the trolls, blame it on the impatient, blame it on those who do not respect I am a private person. They day I am not at the rehearsals I will probably be seriously ill or ten feet under. Even if I do not want to publish much about rehearsals, due to bad experience with people who always make negative comments, I will write about the shows, if I feel like it, also may be at one stage about rehearsals. But not now.

Yes. They sound great. Mick is in a great shape, his vocals are just perfect, and he is still as energic as in the past, if not even more energic. Charlie is just boom boom fantastic. Keith is riffing the roof off the building with his riffs. Ronnie is good old maestro in all ways. The Rolling Stones are an eternal band as it seems. Chicaco and on will be a blast, a true blessing for Stones fans.

Then why not just post rehearsal updates on a separate section without the ability to leave comments? That give us some information while at the same time avoiding the problems you mentioned here.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 12:13 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 5, 2019 11:39

saltoftheearth

Speaking personally, rehearsals in respect to the deep cuts are so interesting because it's almost like recording a new album. You try out things, and of course sometimes it does Sound bad or you even fail.

Personnaly the most thrilling aspect of rehearsals is hearing them playing songs just for the fun of it. I remember the last day of the 2014 Bondy rehearsals (Thursday 13 of February?) when they suddenly kicked into a fantastic version of "That's How My Love Is". Did they brush it up to add to the concert setlists? No they just did to enjoy themselves. And Jagger really gave it all, just like he did in 2003.

A nice memory for me... thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 5, 2019 12:10

Stoneage
bv
... I will write about the shows, if I feel like it, also may be at one stage about rehearsals. But not now. ...

You are at the rehearsals but you're not going to write anything about it on your own Stones site because someone might add the wrong comment? Okey then...

Proof of the pudding.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 12:18

Just give us SOMETHING man!!!

Like...CAN Keith play the opening licks to Start me Up now/still? ;-)

Rod

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 5, 2019 13:46

Some of the comments here make me SAD SAD SADconfused smiley

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 5, 2019 14:11

Who knows?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 23:23 by GJB.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 5, 2019 14:23

GJB
Hi,

Want to respect not giving location away on here, but I am in London for the next couple of weeks and would love to pop along to hear something so if anyone knows where they are and WANTS to share with me then e-mail:

gj04boz@icloud.com (will provide rehearsal updates in return!)

Wondering if it is at the same venue as last rehearsals in London.

Jeroen
Buckingham Palace

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 5, 2019 15:08

Cheers Jeroen winking smiley

I don't think Keith would go that close to the royals...

Date: June 5, 2019 15:28

GJB
Cheers Jeroen winking smiley

I don't think Keith would go that close to the royals...

Well, if Princess Margaret would be alive...
Jagger would be there already.

jeroen

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 16:00

BV i'm sorry you have to deal with so many idiots on here, it's embarrassing.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 5, 2019 16:41

They will sound the same as last year just a bit older and the setlist will be the same. Not much to discuss about these rehearsals IMO.

Date: June 5, 2019 16:47

TheBlockbuster
They will sound the same as last year just a bit older and the setlist will be the same. Not much to discuss about these rehearsals IMO.

Last year they rehearsed Cry To Me, Monkey Man, Neighbours and other tunes off Out of Our Heads ++

Date: June 5, 2019 16:56

TheBlockbuster

Completely wrong. They rehearse songs they like themselves and enjoy. True,they wont be in the setlist. Its great they enjoy themselves. You sound like you dont lije to enjoy. So..good luck.
Jeroen

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 5, 2019 17:01

DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster

Last year they rehearsed Cry To Me, Monkey Man, Neighbours and other tunes off Out of Our Heads ++

That’s right!
Someone recorded a little ‘Fool To Cry’ at a soundcheck
the guitar weaving...
‘Fool To Cry’
was out of left field, huh?
Good stuff.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 5, 2019 17:17

35love
DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster

That’s right!
the guitar weaving...
‘Fool To Cry’
Good stuff.

good stuff indeed. they played 'Fool To Cry' beautifully last year at the first London show..

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:02

duke richardson
35love
DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster

That’s right!
the guitar weaving...
‘Fool To Cry’
Good stuff.

good stuff indeed. they played 'Fool To Cry' beautifully last year at the first London show..

Yes and it was kept top secret I remember following along here on IORR painfully transmitting late/ sporadically
‘Fool To Cry’
What?! No way!
Woo Hoo, baby you’re a fool...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 18:06

duke richardson
35love
DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster

That’s right!
the guitar weaving...
‘Fool To Cry’
Good stuff.

They certainly did. It was so good at the souncheck, I initially thought it was the original from 1976 played over the Sound System then it dawned on me they were playing it for real!

Date: June 5, 2019 18:19

35love
DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster

That’s right!
the guitar weaving...
‘Fool To Cry’
Good stuff.

Indeed!

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 20:38

DandelionPowderman
35love
DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster

That’s right!
the guitar weaving...
‘Fool To Cry’
Good stuff.

Indeed!

Sound check at Marseille included Fool To Cry and also All Down The Line... some of my favourite guitar work from the tour and they didn't officially play ADTL live!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:13

If BV says "Keith is riffing the roof off the building with his riffs". That's enough information for me, that means the Stones are ready to ROCK.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:48

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-06 00:50 by maumau.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 6, 2019 01:30

i'd think its a courtesy to the Stones that BV keeps quiet generally about the rehearsals he gets to go to..

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 6, 2019 03:57

BV knows...

Don't bite the hand that feeds!!

Look forward to surprises, be they rehearsals or opening night, or anywhere on the road this summer... you all know we'll get a few!

Mick & Keith will be rippin', plenty to prove in 2019 now!

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: June 6, 2019 05:24

BV isn't going to tell, and rightly so, so let's move on. They're rehearsing and that is good enough for me. See ya'll on tour!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 6, 2019 08:46

Shame to hear you have had to put up with this rubbish BV....

I liked it when you posted the songs rehearsed that day and no more. It was appreciated.

Date: June 6, 2019 08:53

Thsnks bjornulf. Your info alone is great.
Great.
Jeroen

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 6, 2019 11:05

DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster

yes, but only Neighbors 'survived' (performed at Dublin but never returned)

Posted by: RG ()
Date: June 6, 2019 11:14

"The Rolling Stones are an eternal band as it seems."

This line is so nice, so amazing. Yes, we are damn lucky we live in the same era as the best band the world has ever seen.

Date: June 6, 2019 11:58

triceratops
35love
TumblinDice76
Never been a fan of "Like a Rolling Stone". Way over done by everybody and when the Stones do it live it just seems like they are reaching.

It was momentous at Old Trafford Stadium 2018. Mick had the entire crowd in the palm of his hand.
That’s what I gathered from the live video caught during the show.

Good video. A very lively version [www.youtube.com]

I thought this was always one of the best covers they chose. They pulled it off so well. When Jagger gets to the actual words "like a Rolling Stone" it makes me emotional. I like that Jagger gets up on Keith in chorus too.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home