Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16
Re: Tour Rehearsals-?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:27

MisterDDDD
35love
TumblinDice76
Never been a fan of "Like a Rolling Stone". Way over done by everybody and when the Stones do it live it just seems like they are reaching.

It was momentous at Old Trafford Stadium 2018. Mick had the entire crowd in the palm of his hand.
That’s what I gathered from the live video caught during the show.

Thanks for the reminder 35..
Was a great version and a great time to be in the crowd.
Mick and Keith singing together a lot in that song and Mick's harp playing as always fantastic!
Great crowd pleaser that night..
[www.youtube.com]

Oh wish I was in that twilight crowd right now!
The sound is so bad on free utube but I caught a memory of standing on the ground
and the thumping rumble of LIVE Rolling Stones hot smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:36

MisterDDDD
Seems a little earlier than usual for full rehearsals to me although I haven't done the quick research to confirm.
Sasha, as noted here earlier, was in route yesterday to London..[twitter.com]

Last week it was the core band, this week full band already with still 19 days to go until opening night.
Bodes well I think. Still believe we may hear a surprise or two on this leg.

*edit
The band started rehearsals 17 days before the opening gig on the last leg.
Seems this leg is a week or so ahead of that. For what it's worth.. cool smiley
Per Bjornulf [stoneslife.org]

They've got transatlantic flights between ending rehearsals and the 1st gig. They'll have to get over jetlag, readjust etc

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:40

TumblinDice76
Never been a fan of "Like a Rolling Stone". Way over done by everybody and when the Stones do it live it just seems like they are reaching.

Agree - their versions are quite generic sounding and just don't quite cut it. Would rather hear dozens of other originals and/or other covers...even something they haven't played off Blue and Lonesome yet.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2019 02:42

grzegorz67

They've got transatlantic flights between ending rehearsals and the 1st gig. They'll have to get over jetlag, readjust etc

Sure.
A week plus for that one fight back over is nice, just an observation.
Other factors could be in play.

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: June 3, 2019 03:06

MisterDDDD
35love
TumblinDice76

It was momentous at Old Trafford Stadium 2018. Mick had the entire crowd in the palm of his hand.

Mick and Keith singing together a lot in that song and Mick's harp playing as always fantastic!
[www.youtube.com]
Fantastic performance in San Diego in the pouring rain years ago. That was the first time I’d heard it by the Stones and it was electrifying.
Well, not literally but you know what I mean

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2019 16:23

MisterDDDD
grzegorz67

Sure.
A week plus for that one fight back over is nice, just an observation.
Other factors could be in play.

I wasn't suggesting a week full recovery time for that. Flight day + 1 day afterwards would seem reasonable. Then after that they'll rehearse at the venue 2 days before the 1st show, with a rest day in between, as they always do. At a guess they'll fly out on 16th or 17th.

There's no doubt that they're rehearsing for a little longer this time, which bodes well. I'm still expecting safe conservative setlists, with the very occasional surprise or 2, with earlier shows likely to be a little more adventurous than later ones. But still worth seeing, of course thumbs up.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 3, 2019 17:59

Normally they don´t rehearse much, and the result is that they always needed a few shows to get the motors fully started. This time imo Mick wants especially the first night to be flawless - for obvious reasons. Fans and press people will take a very close look at him particularly. Imo, he is eager to proof that he and the band are at least as good than the last time around. I am sure that his goal is to be even better.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 3, 2019 18:09

Yeah agree on that HMS, that may result in a nice long opening night set winking smiley

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: June 3, 2019 18:57

I am hoping the same thing on the first night show. We are 2 1/2 weeks to showtime. I am so ready.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 3, 2019 20:00

MisterDDDD
Seems a little earlier than usual for full rehearsals to me although I haven't done the quick research to confirm.
Sasha, as noted here earlier, was in route yesterday to London..[twitter.com]

Last week it was the core band, this week full band already with still 19 days to go until opening night.
Bodes well I think. Still believe we may hear a surprise or two on this leg.

*edit
The band started rehearsals 17 days before the opening gig on the last leg.
Seems this leg is a week or so ahead of that. For what it's worth.. cool smiley
Per Bjornulf [stoneslife.org]
And time off for the ICC Cricket World Cup, of course.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: luthor ()
Date: June 3, 2019 21:34

I doubt the set list will be the one posted on page 3,
80% of it I agree that they WILL DO IT including LIKE A ROLLING STONE, even because if they put it on the web choice, it would only lose to other classics .... may be UNDER MY THUMB, etc.
but with respect to the other 20% I think it will change a little SO JAGGER'S CLOTHES ....
I THINK THAT THEY WILL LOOK AT WHAT THEY PLAYED AT THE LAST TIME THAT WERE IN THE CITY, CHANGE THE SLOWS, MAYBE KEITH IT CHANGE A LITTLE, ETC.

Date: June 3, 2019 22:59

I have a feeling the 2nd show in Chicago will rock your face. If I could I would.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 3, 2019 23:12

35love
I have a feeling the 2nd show in Chicago will rock your face. If I could I would.

...And you should.
(that's why I'm going to both. I am very lucky!)

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: June 4, 2019 21:59

35love
MisterDDDD
35love
TumblinDice76

[www.youtube.com]

Oh wish I was in that twilight crowd right now!
The sound is so bad on free utube but I caught a memory of standing on the ground
and the thumping rumble of LIVE Rolling Stones hot smiley

The Old Trafford crowd really got into LARS, arguably the best 'audience reaction' in Europe since Madrid 2014...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 4, 2019 22:16

I think it is a great song and done very well live by the band. It was great and a real crowd pleaser when they debuted it on BTB and it is still good today.

plexi

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 4, 2019 22:26

timbernardis
I think it is a great song and done very well live by the band. It was great and a real crowd pleaser when they debuted it on BTB and it is still good today.

The live debut was in 95, during VL in Europe.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 4, 2019 22:36

Yeah old Trafford took off when they played that, similar reaction in Coventry 3 days earlier too

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 4, 2019 23:55

Please don not post on my behalf.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:05

bv
If they wanted publicity about the rehearsals then they would have posted about it on social media.

You’re not going to attend the rehearsals Bjornulf?

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:08

Hairball

And as little chance as there might be, maybe there's something brand new?

I wonder how often they've performed a new original tune live before its studio-album release. I only know of Worried About You at El Mocambo Tavern. (Yeah, probably some set-list wallah has already answered this somewhere here.)

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:14

35love
TumblinDice76

Good video. A very lively version [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:45

Title5Take1

I wonder how often they've performed a new original tune live before its studio-album release. I only know of Worried About You at El Mocambo Tavern. (Yeah, probably some set-list wallah has already answered this somewhere here.)

Brown Sugar
Loving Cup
Cherry Oh Baby
Dead Flowers

'97 tour started before release of BRIDGES TO BABYLON so "Flip the Switch" etc. Same for '69 and LIB.

Probably more than I listed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 00:47 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 5, 2019 00:52

I have been following every single rehearsal as long as I can remember, but as I say they are really low profile. Every time I posted about rehearsals, in the past, I got more and more questions and demand - almost orders - for more and more and more, people called me names and told me I was selfish and I did not share and a bunch of other things. Like I was a hired reporter, a public figure, and not a private person.

So to make it simple, I don't want a life where people call me names and demand a lot of info. Blame it on the trolls, blame it on the impatient, blame it on those who do not respect I am a private person. They day I am not at the rehearsals I will probably be seriously ill or ten feet under. Even if I do not want to publish much about rehearsals, due to bad experience with people who always make negative comments, I will write about the shows, if I feel like it, also may be at one stage about rehearsals. But not now.

Yes. They sound great. Mick is in a great shape, his vocals are just perfect, and he is still as energic as in the past, if not even more energic. Charlie is just boom boom fantastic. Keith is riffing the roof off the building with his riffs. Ronnie is good old maestro in all ways. The Rolling Stones are an eternal band as it seems. Chicaco and on will be a blast, a true blessing for Stones fans.

Bjornulf

Date: June 5, 2019 00:55

I am not posting on your behalf,
but I will say thank you Bjornulf
and remind you I have never once asked anything of you,
but now,
I ask to meet you if I see you in CA
thanks for all your hard work!
S

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 5, 2019 01:20

If rehearsals are in London at the moment, it's gotta be best for the Band and most of us on IORR to not publicise where and when.
They don't want crowds of people around or the media/press etc. when they are playing songs that may or may not sound quite right
I remember so well in Oslo 2014 at the venue where The Stones were playing the first gig of the Tour.
On my first night ever in Norway ,I met DP ,gibsonman,BV and many other great fans after I thought it may be a good idea to find out where the Arena was.

So glad I did as you could hear the songs being played so clearly on that Friday night and also the following Saturday afternoon and early evening.These were the final reahearsals and also the setlist played at the gig.

Great to see the band leaving ,and Mick really close up when he had the car window open to wave to the few fans who were there.
Also met up with Chuck and Rose a couple of hours later chatting away with them in Oslo town centre.

Great memories. thumbs up

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 5, 2019 01:44

triceratops
35love
TumblinDice76

Good video. A very lively version [www.youtube.com]

majestic job; excellent moments. pretty triumphant old-timers.
keith keeps cool but that little smile as Mick hops away jumpin' like you know who....loverly vintage Stoneage, in that THEY are all old vintage themselves) --
-- I appreciated being getting a chance to see, ty.
it's a classic. admittedly tepid versions along the way but a hot one here imo; full of fun and good spirit despite the respect mick must have for the lyrical
genius on that one; Bob deserves respect and who else could sing that song with strutting pride like this. really nice fun moments. those old dawgs cheek to cheek for a sec...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 01:45 by hopkins.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2019 01:46

I have a feeling a new tune (or two) are being rehearsed.

I've always patiently waited for the first official show to find out what tunes make the cut, but for now bv's words regarding the state of the band are plenty satisfying.

"They sound great. Mick is in a great shape, his vocals are just perfect, and he is still as energic as in the past, if not even more energic.
Charlie is just boom boom fantastic. Keith is riffing the roof off the building with his riffs. Ronnie is good old maestro in all ways. The Rolling Stones are an eternal band as it seems".

Considering Mick's health situation and surgery, the postponement, Micks recovery, and then the rescheduled shows - all of it quite a rollercoaster - reading those words is nothing short of miraculous imo.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 5, 2019 02:31

Thanks for the updates, Bjornulf.
Apologies for pasting your post from another thread to this one.
No intent to post for you, just quote you, understand now not my place.

Fantastic news on the rehearsals front.. very excited about the opener and the whole tour!
Can't wait (!!!)

Date: June 5, 2019 08:17

Deltics
DandelionPowderman
I liked that they used the Lies-outtake in the Facebook tour promo-video.

A hint?

That was a fan made video.

It was too good to be true...

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 5, 2019 10:33

Thanks for the update Bjornulf. Great to Hear they sound good..... It's clear to me you're a private person and that You have the right to share, or not share what You want to share. But like You, there are people who want to hear the rehearsels live. I would like it to, but I'm not in a position that I can travel every moment to do that. And if there are people showing up there at the rehearsels and do want to share what's going on there, that's their right to do that. And if those people even will tell where the rehearsels are taking place, is that even their right to share that. Even if you're not agree to do that, or even not if the Stones don't agree! The Only thing You can do to to avoid sharing is not to allow that people to share it on YOUR (great) IORR site. That's Up to You. But then these people will share it on other (Stones) sites. After all it's not About Nationale Savety we are talking About! We are talking about even more important things here: The Rolling Stones!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-05 10:36 by Christiaan.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home