Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 29 of 30
Re: No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 20, 2019 04:50

Benjiboy13
Re: the pit-- I am going to be in Pit 2 for Pasadena and with a friend who has never seen them live. Where should we shoot for location wise? I hate how high the stage is up front plus with the guy filming the whole show standing right in front of you, the monitor, not being able to see the other side of the stage, etc. I feel like it's a little messed up to have all of those things right there for ppl who are paying so much and spending the necessary time to reserve those spots. However, nothing I / we can do about it obviously!

Of course, it's the amazing experience of being on the front rail when the band is legit right in front of you moving about and within spitting distance, plus no one can hold a phone over their head and in your view if they are all behind you...

I'm curious from everyone's perspective who has been in the pit this tour what your recommendations are so I can game plan accordingly?!

Thanks! smiling smiley

On the rail by the the catwalk is a great spot.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 20, 2019 17:17

I'd avoid the front and make sure you're against some sort of rail. As mentioned, the rail (gate) against the catwalk is great, we were posted up in front of the back gate and it was perfect. The idea being you have real space to call your own, you're not being bounced around as people push past you to get beers, etc. There was a stadium's worth of people behind us but no one physically behind us in the pit

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 17:29

Gaetzi
I'd avoid the front and make sure you're against some sort of rail. As mentioned, the rail (gate) against the catwalk is great, we were posted up in front of the back gate and it was perfect. The idea being you have real space to call your own, you're not being bounced around as people push past you to get beers, etc. There was a stadium's worth of people behind us but no one physically behind us in the pit

I was in that precise spot in Manchester last year (Keith's side). Best spot ever for all the reasons you mention. The catwalk slopes down a lot towards the end too so a perfect view though there were some strange thudding noises coming from a nearby speaker.

Date: August 20, 2019 18:06

The most amazing (and just plain lucky) part about where we positioned ourselves is that we stood right in front of an actual gate, not just metal rail. so as soon as the show ended they opened up the gate, we were the first people out of the pit.

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 23:55

Yeah, It sounds like Catwalk against the rail is the spot to shoot for. It's always hard giving up the idea of being directly at the front, but I've been there once before and know you are giving up a lot of stage viewability with the current stage setup--and if Keith stays by the drums as he typically does for a lot of the show, you don't get the full experience seeing him either unless he strolls out.

I appreciate the feedback everyone. For those of you hitting the show in Pasadena... see you Thursday smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 21, 2019 00:11

Can vouch for being on the back rail as near to the catwalk as possible as being the best vantage point.
Close enough, yet just far back enough to take in the stage/screens in their entirety, and all band members are clearly visible without obstruction.
And the steel rail/fence itself had little seats built in, so we were able to show our disapproval of the opening act by sitting out their entire set! winking smiley

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: August 21, 2019 01:13

I ended up on the rail in Jacksonville...my plan was to spend 1/2 the concert there and then move back a couple of rows just to be able to see everything better. However....it was just TOO addicting and I stayed put the whole concert. It was pretty fabulous. I figured that I would never be at the rail again so I stayed and enjoyed every single second. I was surprised how much eye contact/interaction the band makes with those up front.

The pros are 1)being that close to the band 2) watching family members in the space between the rail and the stage (Mick’s love and his 2 year old were 1’ in front of me)3) eye contact with the band 4)clearly seeing the interplay between them.

The cons: 1) missing the view of a lot of the stage ....I could see Charlie and Chuck but had to stand on my tippy toes 2)looking straight up for so many hours.

The opening band played a whole lot closer to the edge of the stage so I thought I was going to be set - however, the Stones really set up quite a bit further back...I guess all the better for Mick to work his magic. Ronnie definitely used the stage as well though. I had no problem keeping my place to go get drinks prior to the Stones coming on. After they took the stage I wasn’t about to leave! It was worth every penny and worth every effort!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 21, 2019 06:08

my plan was to spend 1/2 the concert there and then move
back a couple of rows just to be able to see everything better.
However....it was just TOO addicting and I stayed put the whole concert.

Rockin' words there UNCSTONE …… says a lot ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 21, 2019 09:27

Chicago 1/2 close in quality to each other
Jacksonville much better
Seattle better
Santa Clara better, best yet

All from Pit 2 with B stage crashes

I am seriously in awe

I'm on my 60x shows since #1 in 1975 in my 60th BD year...

I am mad I cant do Pasadena, but am booked for AZ, and tempted with Miami

Keith is just getting warmed up...

ChelsKeith

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 21, 2019 09:32

[www.youtube.com]

been taking videos and this one is cool- brought two families who have never seen the Stones

- including my buddies 5 year old - at 1:20 he gets into "out of control"

A few other shows and bstage crash videos on my youtube channel at that link -

ChelsKeith

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: August 21, 2019 13:21

grzegorz67
Gaetzi

I was in that precise spot in Manchester last year (Keith's side). Best spot ever for all the reasons you mention. The catwalk slopes down a lot towards the end too so a perfect view though there were some strange thudding noises coming from a nearby speaker.

Those are the wedge monitors kicking in -- usually when Keith or Ronnie walk out. They are mixed with heavy bass drum and bass so they can follow the beat. Mick has an ear piece with the mix so he doesn't need the wedges.
It really is strange though when they kick in. 1st time it happened to me I thought my ear drum blew out..

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 21, 2019 14:14

The final concert of the current US Tour, scheduled on 31 August 2019 in Miami, will exactly coincide 30 years later with the opening show of the Steel Wheel Tour in Philadelphia on 31 August 1989 - the very concert which stood for the come back, "second half" of the band long life.
Still, I don't think the circle has ended yet :-)

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 21, 2019 19:41

The Joker
The final concert of the current US Tour, scheduled on 31 August 2019 in Miami, will exactly coincide 30 years later with the opening show of the Steel Wheel Tour in Philadelphia on 31 August 1989 - the very concert which stood for the come back, "second half" of the band long life.
Still, I don't think the circle has ended yet :-)

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, what a great crowd!

Shattered - the power failure!
JJF - they tried the original intro and Mick sings the full "aaaalllriiiight now".

Great find!

Date: August 21, 2019 22:04

Encouraging phrasing from the Stones FB page; "We’re down to the last three US shows on this leg of the tour!"

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 21, 2019 23:08

Why encouraging?

It s just Time waits for no one

Date: August 21, 2019 23:42

'This leg' -to me that means the show will go on. They could have just said "We’re down to the last three US shows"

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 22, 2019 00:16

Gaetzi
Encouraging phrasing from the Stones FB page; "We’re down to the last three US shows on this leg of the tour!"

Agree!
Also implies "No Filter" will continue, imo cool smiley

Likely would have said "Down to the last three shows of the No Filter tour"..
if they weren't planning on continuing it.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 22, 2019 00:54

They are definitely planning to continue this tour into next year. I spoke with a few tour crew members in New Jersey and both said there will be another leg of the tour in 2020 but it has not yet been decided whether it will be in North America or elsewhere. Of course anything can happen in the next year to change this but for now, it looks like the Stones will continue to roll a little while longer.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-22 02:22 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: August 22, 2019 01:55

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 24, 2019 16:02

TornAndFried
They are definitely planning to continue this tour into next year. I spoke with a few tour crew members in New Jersey and both said there will be another leg of the tour in 2020 but it has not yet been decided whether it will be in North America or elsewhere. Of course anything can happen in the next year to change this but for now, it looks like the Stones will continue to roll a little while longer.

I hope so. I’m assuming they would like to play MSG at some point before it’s too late. They haven’t played there since 2006 except for that Super storm Sandy benefit 2012(two songs). I would not mind ending my Stones live career at MSG.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 24, 2019 18:51

virgil
TornAndFried

I hope so. I’m assuming they would like to play MSG at some point before it’s too late. They haven’t played there since 2006 except for that Super storm Sandy benefit 2012(two songs). I would not mind ending my Stones live career at MSG.

Hi Virgil: Please look at the number of times they played MSG. As much as I can count, then next time is No. 25, which is a milestone.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: August 25, 2019 23:43

shattered
virgil
TornAndFried

Hi Virgil: Please look at the number of times they played MSG. As much as I can count, then next time is No. 25, which is a milestone.

they will never play MSG again because the arena lost it's magic when they changed the interior several years back and ruined the last great arena! (and they know)

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 26, 2019 05:40

DREAMTIME
shattered
virgil
TornAndFried

they will never play MSG again because the arena lost it's magic when they changed the interior several years back and ruined the last great arena! (and they know)

Thanks Dreamtime. Now I know the rest of the story.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 29, 2019 03:46

Personally, I miss Lisa Fischer. She had a greater range than Sasha Allen and could hit higher notes. But it was great to see Sasha really coming into her own on this tour. She is developing a strong stage presence and will just keep getting better.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 30, 2019 23:30

The Rolling Stones Hit No. 1 On LIVE75 Chart With Sold Ticket Average Of 50,307

Friday, 8/30/2019
By: Bob Allen

Chicago 6/21 (Kevin Mazur/Getty)

The Rolling Stones have appeared on LIVE75 for seven continuous weeks since debuting on the chart in Pollstar’s July 15 issue, yet this week marks their first stint at No. 1. The band has ranked either second or third on all seven previous charts but now takes the top ranking with a massive sold ticket average of 50,307 from three stadium shows. Those performances also scored a gross average of $12.1 million, the highest of any of the 75 artists on the chart.

The rock legends kicked off the North American leg of their “No Filter” tour at Soldier Field in Chicago June 21, the first of 14 stadiums on tap for the jaunt this summer. Two of the venues are included in the counts for this chart – Houston’s NRG Stadium with a show on July 27 and MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. that hosted the tour for two nights (Aug. 1 & 5). All three shows drew capacity crowds for a total of 150,922 sold tickets, almost a third of all the tickets moved in the 10 shows that have been reported this year. With a total ticket tally of 474,397, the tour’s grosses from 2019 total $108.3 million from the first 10 concerts on the trek.

The “No Filter” tour began almost two years ago with a 28-show opening leg through European cities in 13 countries from Sept. 9, 2017 until July 8, 2018. With sales from last year’s shows in Europe added to the current run, the tour has amassed $345 million overall from almost 2 million sold tickets. Boxoffice data from the final six stadiums on the schedule will be tallied after the tour finale on Aug. 31.

The tour initially had to be rescheduled after frontman Mick Jagger required unexpected heart surgery in April.

Longtime promoter, Concerts West co-CEO John Meglen, told Pollstar the team was up to the task of rescheduling.

“You do it one, so it’s proper for the artist. And two, so it’s proper for their fans,” he said. “Those are the two main things you want to keep in mind. There is the old adage here, ‘If everybody starts freaking out, do the right thing and things have a way of working out.’

“The organization is just full of pros. It really is,” Meglen added. “Everybody in the Stones organization is as good as you get. Everybody knows how to handle things. Everybody just goes, ‘OK.’ They just go and do what they need to do. That’s what’s great.”

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 30, 2019 23:36

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Re: No Filter US Route 2019
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 31, 2019 17:52

It's all over now, no, no, no. It was a blast, a very good tour.Thank you guys for delivering, I had a ball going to the shows. Now you got lots of time to finish the lp. Rock on guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-31 17:53 by babyblue.

Date: September 3, 2019 23:21

What an amazing tour!! Thank you to all the Rolling Stones fans and to the best crew ever!

LARGE version

[twitter.com]

No Filter US Tour 2019
Date: September 13, 2019 15:43

The Rolling Stones Wrap 3-Leg, 3-Year No Filter Tour With $415.6 Million

9/12/2019 by Eric Frankenberg

The Rolling Stones - Miami FL, 8/30 (Rich Fury)

The No Filter Tour Joins The Stones’ A Bigger Bang Tour in the All-Time Top 10

With a career that spans six decades and too many honors and distinctions to list, The Rolling Stones can add one more to the list. Their three-year, three-leg No Filter Tour wrapped on Aug. 30, 2019 at Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium. And with the final numbers reported, they now are the only artist to have two tours among Billboard’s all-time top 10. According to figures reported to Billboard Boxscore, The No Filter Tour grossed $415.6 million and sold 2,290,871 tickets, joining A Bigger Bang Tour on the list of the top 10 highest grossing tours in Boxscore’s history.

The Stones began their tour in September of 2017, playing 14 stadium shows in Europe. That opening leg grossed $120 million, highlighted by a three-night stint at the U Arena in Paris, where they earned $18.5 million and sold over 100,000 tickets between Oct. 19 and 25, 2017. On the Billboard Boxscore 2017 year-end charts, the Brits ranked No. 7.

The band returned to Europe a year later for another 14 shows between May 17 and July 8, 2018. That leg grossed $117.8 million, adding another top 10 year-end ranking to their belt, at No. 8 for 2018. At London Stadium, they set a new high mark for the tour, earning $20.5 million and selling 137,475 tickets on May 22 and 25. That double header remains the highest-grossing show in the venue’s history.

And finally, The Rolling Stones came stateside, playing 16 shows in North America, beginning on June 21, 2019 at Chicago’s Soldier Field, and wrapping on Aug. 30 in Miami. These dates managed a gigantic $177.8 million haul. Once again, they outdid themselves, amassing $25.5 million over two nights (Aug. 1 and 5) at the New-York-area MetLife Stadium (the venue is in East Rutherford, N.J.).

The Stones maximized their touring prowess in North America, averaging a freakish $11.1 million per show in 2019, after pacing $8.5 million per show in Europe throughout 2017-18. The stadiums in the U.S. and Canada were slightly smaller, at 49,041 tickets per night (53,794 in Europe) but the band made up for it by stretching North American tickets to an average of $282.80, 79% higher than the $157.88 price overseas.

In all, their $415.6 million total makes the No Filter Tour the eight highest grossing tour of all time. The band’s A Bigger Bang Tour (2005-07) held the all-time record with $558 million until U2 surpassed them with the 360° Tour (2009-11), grossing $736.4 million. Most recently, Ed Sheeran finished The Divide Tour (2017-19) with a whopping $776.2 million, setting the new all-time standard.

The No Filter Tour makes The Rolling Stones the first act to gross more than $400 million on two separate tours.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 13, 2019 23:21

The best Rock band.Stones ate way of life. Keep Rockin

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 29 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home