Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30
Re: No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 9, 2019 07:02

Exceptionally nice video!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 9, 2019 15:33

She comes in colours everywhere...

Denver welcomed us in with a rainbow see you all tomorrow! #therollingstones #stonesnofilter #denver

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 9, 2019 15:55

Topi

If he had actually gone there, why would he need the teleprompter to see what he ate?

And I somehow find it hard to imagine them being there at 10 a.m. and on a show day as well!

[www.iheart.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 9, 2019 16:32

Beast
Topi

If he had actually gone there, why would he need the teleprompter to see what he ate?

And I somehow find it hard to imagine them being there at 10 a.m. and on a show day as well!

[www.iheart.com]

Exactly. Look, they cannot even make up their mind on how many people there were with Mick. One waitress said she'd heard he came alone but his "posse" was "maybe" in another booth. [nj1015.com]

Yet another waitress said there were three people, Mick and two bandmates. [www.nj.com]

So which way was it?

Some accounts have Mick in glasses, hood and a hat, another had him wearing a "big hat" and "covering his face"

Of course, no one recognized him or took any photos, yet the following day the manager (who was not on duty on Thursday during Mick's supposed visit) was sure it was Jagger.

The giveaway?

Tick Tock Diner does not even have "Sloppy Joes" on their menu!

[www.ticktockdiner.com]

It's good publicity for the diner so why should they care. It seems people have been ordering disco fries like they're going out of style.

It did not really happen. Surprised most of the local media swallowed Mick's joke hook, like and sinker.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-09 16:50 by Topi.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 9, 2019 16:42

...you guys don't believe in Santa Claus either, do ya?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 9, 2019 16:47

Santa only comes once a year. Mick supposedly went to Tick Tock Diner twice! winking smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 9, 2019 17:35

Is Mick still teasing various blues songs in the middle of "Midnight Rambler"? Chicago 1 was "You Gotta Move" (which blew my mind as it was the only 'Sticky Fingers' song I hadn't heard live before) and Chicago 2 was "Come on in my Kitchen"....and I've surfed through various show reviews from other cities and haven't seen any mention of these Rambler teases. As I was walking out of Solider Field after show 2 I was imagining a different tease at every city, but that's likely too ambitious! Maybe just more YGM and Kitchen?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 9, 2019 18:12

Topi

The giveaway?

Tick Tock Diner does not even have "Sloppy Joes" on their menu!

[www.ticktockdiner.com]

Haha - Mick should employ you to do the research for his local lines at each show!

Topi
Surprised most of the local media swallowed Mick's joke hook, like and sinker.

That's the bottom line...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 10, 2019 07:11

Tick Tock Diner ... Mick said "we". Right? Some in the tour entourage, most probably not Mick himself. But I bet the Tick Tock Diner got many visits after that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 10, 2019 17:55

drbryant
Fan video of Let It Bleed and Dead Flowers from the August 5 MetLife Show. I assume this has been posted elsewhere, but just in case. This is so great.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Just getting to this now...
SUPERB video with the zoom in and all black background.
THANKS!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 10, 2019 18:01

floodonthepage
Is Mick still teasing various blues songs in the middle of "Midnight Rambler"? Chicago 1 was "You Gotta Move" (which blew my mind as it was the only 'Sticky Fingers' song I hadn't heard live before) and Chicago 2 was "Come on in my Kitchen"....and I've surfed through various show reviews from other cities and haven't seen any mention of these Rambler teases. As I was walking out of Solider Field after show 2 I was imagining a different tease at every city, but that's likely too ambitious! Maybe just more YGM and Kitchen?

yeah...he did "Blues Fallin' Down Like Rain" in Boston & NJ#2.

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: August 12, 2019 05:07

Kurt
drbryant
Fan video of Let It Bleed and Dead Flowers from the August 5 MetLife Show. I assume this has been posted elsewhere, but just in case. This is so great.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Just getting to this now...
SUPERB video with the zoom in and all black background.
THANKS!

Ditto! That's a great video!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 12, 2019 21:35

stickyfingers101
floodonthepage

yeah...he did "Blues Fallin' Down Like Rain" in Boston & NJ#2.

Cool, thanks!

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: August 13, 2019 16:40

Noticed in New Jersey there was a small VIP area behind the Pit that ran along the catwalk. Has this been at every show?

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: August 15, 2019 15:48

Jeter1984
Noticed in New Jersey there was a small VIP area behind the Pit that ran along the catwalk. Has this been at every show?

I think yes.
I noticed it also on the facebook feed at Philly or Houston show.
I saw it at Seattle show via periscope yesterday too.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 15, 2019 17:05

floodonthepage

I wish they'd do a blues tour.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: August 15, 2019 17:56

rstass
Jeter1984

I think yes.

Can't say this with 100% confidence, but the general rumor amongst those "in the know" is that this "golden pit" area is reserved for a few hand-picked lucky hard core fans and band friends and family.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 16, 2019 20:09

Latest LIVE75 chart from Pollstar reports 8 sellouts with a tickets sold average of 47,021:

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 16, 2019 21:29

Are they going to release a DVD or something from this tour? There was some Cameras floating round the bars and outside them close to the venue Wednesday evening in Seattle

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 16, 2019 21:51

Rank Artist/Event Venue City/State Event Dates Gross Sales Attend/Capacity Shows/Sellouts Prices Promoters

1 The Rolling Stones, Des Rocs Lincoln Financial Field Philadelphia, Pa. July 23, 2019 $11,741,373 51,115 / 51,115 1 / 1 $499.50, $399.50, $99.50, $29.50 AEG Presents/Concerts West

2 The Rolling Stones, Bishop Gunn NRG Stadium Houston, Texas July 27, 2019 $11,068,397 45,958 / 45,958 1 / 1 $499.50, $399.50, $125, $29.50 AEG Presents/Concerts West/Messina Touring Group

3 The Rolling Stones, The Revivalists TIAA Bank Field Jacksonville, Fla. July 19, 2019 $10,198,392 50,358 / 50,358 1 / 1 $500, $350, $250, $99.50 AEG Presents/Concerts West/Bold Events

4 The Rolling Stones, Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, The Soul Rebels Mercedes-Benz Superdome New Orleans, La. July 15, 2019 $7,163,692 35,023 / 35,023 1 / 1 $453.50, $353.50, $103.50, $29.50 AEG Presents/Concerts West

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: August 17, 2019 01:04

Jeter1984

I am not sure, but at Chicago 1, it looked like random fans being upgraded to there. I was at the back of Pit 1, and pairs of people would filter into that area, all very excited. They all had a gold wristband on that said Golden Ticket, none of them had passes of any kind. They all seemed to walk up from the back of the floor. The people who came up there didn’t all come at once, they would show up two more at a time and it wasn’t that many. I saw one picture on Instagram from the Washington DC show, and the poster said they got upgraded and the guy who upgraded them said the only requirement was to dance a lot. That poster looked to have their original seats in a back floor section.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 18, 2019 04:22

Has anybody sat in the reduced price limited view tickets on the side of the stage that could provide an opinion? Is there another video screen on the side besides the four big ones on the front? Do you have a decent view of the stage from the side? How is the sound?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 18, 2019 05:21

MizzAmandaJonez
Has anybody sat in the reduced price limited view tickets on the side of the stage that could provide an opinion? Is there another video screen on the side besides the four big ones on the front? Do you have a decent view of the stage from the side? How is the sound?

I did for the philly show. I think section 103. I couldnt see charlie, i couldnt see him while i was on the rail for chi 1 either.

I really enjoyed the seats. No screens, except for the regular ones. The angle i was at didn't interfere with seeing the screen. Sound was great too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 05:21 by MingSubu.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 18, 2019 05:41

HouseBoyKnows
rstass
Jeter1984

I think yes.

Can't say this with 100% confidence, but the general rumor amongst those "in the know" is that this "golden pit" area is reserved for a few hand-picked lucky hard core fans and band friends and family.

This small area is there at every show. They have a handful i.e. some 15-20 fans by "random upgrade" on each side of the B-stage, between the PIT and the seated areas in front of the B-stage. Personally I think it is a bit of a waste area, but I have to admit I wanted to be there myself earlier on the tour. When I asked the security manager of the Stones, who is partly involved with the "random upgrades", he said "you are fine were you are now", i.e. in the pit.

It is like being in row one in the pit for two songs, behind the stage. You see everyone from behind, waste up, because even the B-stage is high, and then Ronnie would do a twenty seconds walk towards us in the PIT and this small area, so at least you see him from his face side. Also Mick does a brief visit, may be 5-10 seconds.

If you really want to enjoy the acoustic set on the B-stage close up, then get seats in the front of the B-stage. I am told they are strict about staying by your seats, and I see there is no rush there, so things should be quiet and nice there.

Random upgrades means statistically if you are a high heals 20-30 years old great looking girl with a minimum of cloths then they might upgrade you, if you are in the area. Then add a few old blokes with the girls, it is all random. Just as random as any VIP area I suppose.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 19, 2019 02:05

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 19, 2019 02:18

Well Glendale will beat NO, Houston. It will not be the lowest attended at all. Nice for the fans too who will get in for less money.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 19, 2019 15:42

The NO show had a few empty seats. What constitutes a sell out these days is obviously a bit tweaked.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 19, 2019 19:59

There were several families w little kids (under 3, I'd say) in that small area near the B stage in Denver. It looked like a total hodgepodge of people, no noticeably attractive women that were 'placed' there. We were in the very back of Pit 2 against the gate, I was wondering what that little chunk of space was all about

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 19, 2019 21:40

Went to San Francisco for the show last night, my fifth This tour, best one yet.

Stopped by the side of the stage to see what it was like and for 140 bucks it’s a good deal compared to higher prices if price means you can’t go otherwise, but it doesn’t compare to being in front of the stage or seeing the screens or seeing them in person

Sound was good

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 00:15

Re: the pit-- I am going to be in Pit 2 for Pasadena and with a friend who has never seen them live. Where should we shoot for location wise? I hate how high the stage is up front plus with the guy filming the whole show standing right in front of you, the monitor, not being able to see the other side of the stage, etc. I feel like it's a little messed up to have all of those things right there for ppl who are paying so much and spending the necessary time to reserve those spots. However, nothing I / we can do about it obviously!

Of course, it's the amazing experience of being on the front rail when the band is legit right in front of you moving about and within spitting distance, plus no one can hold a phone over their head and in your view if they are all behind you...

I'm curious from everyone's perspective who has been in the pit this tour what your recommendations are so I can game plan accordingly?!

Thanks! smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 28 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home