Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 27 of 30
Keith seems to get better with shows
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: August 3, 2019 05:28

I have been following all shows,however Mr.Richards seems to get better with shows.In the beginning he seemed to be stiff but as the tour progress he seems to move n play better. It happened last year too .

Re: Keith seems to get better with shows
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 3, 2019 05:43

I believe that's normal for any performer; you only get better as the tour progresses.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 3, 2019 22:36

Of course he Get better,but with his fingers he have to play it an Easy way.But Keith is fantastic any way.Like Mick Jagger says for a few years ago,it should be more people in the world like Keith

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 3, 2019 22:43

I don't think Keith plays so much guitar between the tours, so when rehearsals starts his fingers are getting more used to a guitar again, during the first few shows he's slowly starting to feel more comfortable playing and halfway through the tour his fingers are ready again and the skills are coming back to him.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 4, 2019 00:25

Not directed towards anyone- Doesn't a band usually improve during the tour regardless ?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 4, 2019 01:53

Chris Fountain
Not directed towards anyone- Doesn't a band usually improve during the tour regardless ?
This is not set in stone, sometimes bands tend to run on auto pilot if they played too many shows with the same songs. With these mini tours in the last years I didn't notice that happen but e.g. the ABB tour was a tour where especially Keith and Ronnie played more and more unfocused after months of shows (in my humble opinion)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 01:54 by StonedRambler.

Re: Soundcheck time
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 4, 2019 04:31

bump

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2019 05:16

timbernardis
bump

Tim:

If you go to the previous page you will see all the answers to your question. This thread is the most important thread regarding what is happening on stage and at shows in general. In short:

The soundchech is happening one hour before the doors open, if they open 6pm. If they open earlier, it may happen half an hour before. Some times they "hold" the doors because the soundcheck isn't finished.

In USA the doors normally open at the same time i.e. 6pm, but in Europe, or other places, like if there is a festival, or many warm up acts, there might not be any warm up at all, like in Japan I think the soundcheck was 4pm or so, because doors open early.

The soundcheck is not really a "soundcheck", as the crew have been checking the sound a lot already, the day before, and so on. It is simply rehearsals of songs to be performed that night, or may be at another night in the near future.

Bjornulf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 4, 2019 07:25

bv
timbernardis
bump

Tim:

If you go to the previous page you will see all the answers to your question. This thread is the most important thread regarding what is happening on stage and at shows in general. In short:

The soundchech is happening one hour before the doors open, if they open 6pm. If they open earlier, it may happen half an hour before. Some times they "hold" the doors because the soundcheck isn't finished.

In USA the doors normally open at the same time i.e. 6pm, but in Europe, or other places, like if there is a festival, or many warm up acts, there might not be any warm up at all, like in Japan I think the soundcheck was 4pm or so, because doors open early.

The soundcheck is not really a "soundcheck", as the crew have been checking the sound a lot already, the day before, and so on. It is simply rehearsals of songs to be performed that night, or may be at another night in the near future.

Sorry BV, I just saw this now at 10:24 pm MST, 12:24 EST. Thanks for the info.

plexi

Re: No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 4, 2019 14:58

Waitress who served the Rolling Stones Taylor ham says no one recognized them

[www.nj.com]

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: August 4, 2019 16:10

Crazy question here...

But if I buy on EBay previous used No Filter VIP lanyards , and wear to an upcoming concert. Do you think just pointing to
these lanyards would allow access to the VIP area?

Thoughts?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 4, 2019 16:15

MysteryTour84

Thoughts?

The VIP-Lanyard for the current Show will probably have a different Color than the previous Shows - so it's noticeable. The same with the Wristbands for the NoFilter-Pit.

Date: August 4, 2019 16:30

Ok I say this because all of them I see online look the same?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 4, 2019 17:00

MysteryTour84

Ok I say this because all of them I see online look the same?

Don't confuse it:

Only Merchandise

Real VIP-Pass

Date: August 4, 2019 21:50

thumbs up

Thanks for clearing that up!

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: August 6, 2019 20:56

The event posters and t-shirts for these shows have been fantastic...love this idea.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 7, 2019 00:04

bye bye johnny

[www.nj.com]

There is no reason why they would recognize them while buried in their cell phones, and 50 years removed of great R&R music.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 7, 2019 08:14

Hi, Today, did anyone get an email for a "Rolling Stones VIP Dinner" on the Brookside greens near the Rose Bowl? The dinner is $129 per person and the email says "have a faster concert entry experience".The No Filter Tongue is on the email.This email has a "Reply-To" Rose Bowl Stadium. I have never received an email like that before. The email was obviously related to the show at the Rose Bowl. But I wonder if other ticket holders have received similar emails for other shows?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2019 09:10

OhYesMeAgain
Hi, Today, did anyone get an email for a "Rolling Stones VIP Dinner" on the Brookside greens near the Rose Bowl? The dinner is $129 per person and the email says "have a faster concert entry experience".The No Filter Tongue is on the email.This email has a "Reply-To" Rose Bowl Stadium. I have never received an email like that before. The email was obviously related to the show at the Rose Bowl. But I wonder if other ticket holders have received similar emails for other shows?

Posted reply to your post in Pasadena thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-07 09:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 7, 2019 09:18

Thanks for the reply Hairball. The only thing thou is that there seems to be a claim about getting a "faster concert entry experience"? It would seem if you go to dinner at 5 p.m. or 6:30 p.m., you will enter the stadium later and get into the pit later than if you waited outside the stadium and entered the stadium at 5:30 p.m. when they start to let people in.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2019 09:20

"faster concert entry experience"...and "beat the traffic"...sounds like a scam.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 7, 2019 15:04

Chris Fountain
bye bye johnny

[www.nj.com]

There is no reason why they would recognize them while buried in their cell phones, and 50 years removed of great R&R music.

Don't think Mick or any other band member actually visited that diner. It was just Mick's usual on-stage banter and a reference to some local dish/location. It's a a way to talk up the crowd.

[www.njarts.net]

If you look at the video where he mentions the Tick Tock Diner, it's clear he's reading text off the teleprompter. The (lame) joke is in the fact that he mentions "health food" and the diner in the same context.

He does something like this at every show.

[www.njarts.net]

I remember back in Copenhagen in 2017 Mick said they rented bicycles and smoked some weed in Christiania (local free town) and took the limo back!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 7, 2019 20:34

Yes and last year in London Mick made a comment about taking the tube to the show

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 7, 2019 22:51

Cool of Ronnie to carry this and post it!
Great replies if you click the Twitter link from the guy who made it..

Ronnie Wood:
"Meant to post this after Philadelphia ~ thank you for your flag which you gave me during the show ~ we’re still travelling with it!"
???? #Argentina #flag #thankyou #goodtimes
[twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-07 23:00 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 8, 2019 01:25

!!!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 8, 2019 07:27

Topi

it's clear he's reading text off the teleprompter.

He uses a teleprompter???? eye popping smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 8, 2019 10:13

Fan video of Let It Bleed and Dead Flowers from the August 5 MetLife Show. I assume this has been posted elsewhere, but just in case. This is so great.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 10:16 by drbryant.

Posted by: torontostoner ()
Date: August 8, 2019 10:42

Great video! Thanks, enjoyed it with my coffee “and a spoon..”

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 8, 2019 11:01

Aquamarine
Topi

it's clear he's reading text off the teleprompter.

He uses a teleprompter???? eye popping smiley

Funny. winking smiley

To be more precise, I meant this video clip from MetLife #1.

[www.youtube.com]

From the 9:54 mark on you can clearly see Mick looking down at the teleprompter and simply reading the scripted part about "the health food capital of the USA" and the diner visit.

If he had actually gone there, why would he need the teleprompter to see what he ate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 11:03 by Topi.

Date: August 8, 2019 13:16

drbryant
Fan video of Let It Bleed and Dead Flowers from the August 5 MetLife Show. I assume this has been posted elsewhere, but just in case. This is so great.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Nice!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 27 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home