Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 26 of 30
Re: No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 23, 2019 05:44

jumpontopofmebaby
Philly to Houston about 23 hours driving.

So they have to tear down the stage / load and then drive 23 hours. I am not sure what the exact hours are but truck drivers can only drive so many hours before they have to take a break so I would assume they have 2 drivers per truck. Anyway does anyone know how long it takes to tear down and load? Then how long to build.

It takes about 3 days to build the steel stage structure and another day to load in and set up the "production" (stage set, sound, lights, video screens and backline). It takes about 4 hours to load out the production and another 12 hours to take down the steel stage and load it onto the trucks. There are 2 stage structures but only one production. The stage from Jacksonville is already being set up in Houston and the production will be sent from Philly for the load-in on Friday. It is generally one driver doing two 12-hour days on the road so it's no problem getting it there in time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 05:55 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 23, 2019 06:17

TornAndFried
jumpontopofmebaby

So they have to tear down the stage / load and then drive 23 hours. I am not sure what the exact hours are but truck drivers can only drive so many hours before they have to take a break so I would assume they have 2 drivers per truck. Anyway does anyone know how long it takes to tear down and load? Then how long to build.

It takes about 3 days to build the steel stage structure and another day to load in and set up the "production" (stage set, sound, lights, video screens and backline). It takes about 4 hours to load out the production and another 12 hours to take down the steel stage and load it onto the trucks. There are 2 stage structures but only one production. The stage from Jacksonville is already being set up in Houston and the production will be sent from Philly for the load-in on Friday. It is generally one driver doing two 12-hour days on the road so it's no problem getting it there in time.

Thanks. Still seems little time for the screen / lights / Sond etc. pretty amazing actually.

Date: July 23, 2019 07:18

jumpontopofmebaby
TornAndFried
jumpontopofmebaby

Thanks. Still seems little time for the screen / lights / Sond etc. pretty amazing actually.

It is a very long drive from Philadelphia to Houston but there is sufficient time given the 4 day break between shows. If they were rushed for time there is the option to have the production equipment flown by cargo jet but this is more expensive and complicated.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 25, 2019 16:52

Next stop Houston!

Photo: J. Bouquet #stonesnofilter

LARGE version

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 26, 2019 11:53

Wow, great picture of Keith!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 26, 2019 13:48

bye bye johnny

Next stop Houston!

Photo: J. Bouquet #stonesnofilter

LARGE version

[twitter.com]

copyright photoshop???

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 26, 2019 19:57

Love the pattern on Keith's shirt. Lips surrounding an all seeing eye.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 27, 2019 00:42

cyclist
Love the pattern on Keith's shirt. Lips surrounding an all seeing eye.

Truly LOVE that LOUD sound of that Tele!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 27, 2019 01:28

How long has he had that guitar, three years? Looks pretty beat up already.

Posted by: ExileFromNJ ()
Date: July 27, 2019 05:07

That looks like a 70's model they used to call them T.V. models cause the headstock letters were big enough to read on the tube

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 27, 2019 05:43

You're right about the logo on the headstock, but there was an article about the guy who built the thing and gave it to Keith. I can't find a link, but it was just a few years back

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 30, 2019 03:06

Any pop-up stores with Stones merch etc.?
H&M still offering shirts and hoodies (but no No Filter stuff) like this one .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2019 04:40

MAF
Any pop-up stores with Stones merch etc.?
H&M still offering shirts and hoodies (but no No Filter stuff) like this one .

An upscale store in NY has some cool, no doubt spendy merch this week, in person only. Talked about here .. [iorr.org]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 30, 2019 14:45

Anyone from Vancouver going to Denver show.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 30, 2019 15:41

TornAndFried
jumpontopofmebaby

Concerning truck drivers:
11-Hour Driving Limit
A driver may drive a total of 11 hours during the 14-hour period, however, driving is not permitted if more than 8 hours have passed since the end of the driver's last off-duty or sleeper-berth period of at least 30 minutes.

Still, they do a lot of driving!

Date: July 30, 2019 17:08

Thank you @nasa @astro_kimbrough @alsthebestuncle for our NASA tour whilst in #Houston ~ incredible

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 02:09

Have they upgraded their sound system? The Houston show was so clear, I could finally here all the between song banter, that’s a first since ‘78. Wondering if their using Roger Waters’ system in Palm Springs caused them to upgrade.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: August 1, 2019 03:59

rattler2004
Have they upgraded their sound system? The Houston show was so clear, I could finally here all the between song banter, that’s a first since ‘78. Wondering if their using Roger Waters’ system in Palm Springs caused them to upgrade.

While I have not been to a show on this tour yet (finally next week!) I would assume they are still using Clair Global (or Clair Brothers for us old-timers). Dave Natale has been doing the front of house mix since the 2005 Tour.

I did not go to Desert Trip but would be very surprised if they used Roger Water's system, it's a very different design.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 05:35 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 08:18

coloradocanyons
rattler2004

While I have not been to a show on this tour yet (finally next week!) I would assume they are still using Clair Global (or Clair Brothers for us old-timers). Dave Natale has been doing the front of house mix since the 2005 Tour.

I did not go to Desert Trip but would be very surprised if they used Roger Water's system, it's a very different design.

Thanks.

From what I understand, every act at the Desert Trip used Roger’s system..both audio & video.

Either way, the sound overall is a marked improvement over the last few times I’ve seen them (save for Desert Trip)...I know the venue has an impact, and where your seated...but I generally sit in the same are for every show since 1994.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 08:21 by rattler2004.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2019 09:59

The massive screen and stage at Desert Trip were the brainchild of Roger Waters, and being the sound perfectionist he is, I assumed the sound system being used by all bands might have been his as well.
All acts utilized the giant screen with their own imagery except for Neil Young who hung a giant burlap "Seeds of Life" sack over the middle section and only used the outer screen sections for occasional band closeups.

But Roger used it the best - at one point massive smoking chimneys started rising from the screens and the entire setup was transformed in to Battersea Power Station w/floating pig as seen on the Pink Floyd album Animals.
And that was only part of it as the imagery on the screens throughout his entire set was non-stop thought-provoking sensory overload.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 10:04 by Hairball.

Date: August 1, 2019 18:33

The Stones and the Shield Team Up

Co-branded merchandise partnership is most extensive of its kind for NFL

Don Muret | Jul 31, 2019

Don Muret

[www.venuesnow.com]

Date: August 2, 2019 17:52

Hairball
The massive screen and stage at Desert Trip were the brainchild of Roger Waters, and being the sound perfectionist he is, I assumed the sound system being used by all bands might have been his as well.
All acts utilized the giant screen with their own imagery except for Neil Young who hung a giant burlap "Seeds of Life" sack over the middle section and only used the outer screen sections for occasional band closeups.

But Roger used it the best - at one point massive smoking chimneys started rising from the screens and the entire setup was transformed in to Battersea Power Station w/floating pig as seen on the Pink Floyd album Animals.
And that was only part of it as the imagery on the screens throughout his entire set was non-stop thought-provoking sensory overload.

Dylan did not use it either

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2019 19:26

Yes he did jumpontopofmebaby - both weekends. Throughout his entire set there were live black and white projections of he and his band, as well as nostalgic footage and random scenes.

A few pics I took from wkd. 1 when security was still lax and I was able to roam around freely - when the Stones came on I made it to the rail right behind the Pit.

(Wkd.#2 I was in the Pit but didn't take many pics).

But back on topic...the Stones utilized the massive screens nicely with customized visuals including tongues shaped like cacti in the desert, etc., and massive projections of live band closeups.
No doubt it was this giant state of the art screen with massive projections that partially inspired the massive tower screens they've been using for No Filter.thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-02 19:33 by Hairball.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 3, 2019 02:09

TornAndFried
jumpontopofmebaby
TornAndFried
jumpontopofmebaby

It is a very long drive from Philadelphia to Houston but there is sufficient time given the 4 day break between shows. If they were rushed for time there is the option to have the production equipment flown by cargo jet but this is more expensive and complicated.

TornandFried -- how do you know all of these specifics?

plexi

Date: August 3, 2019 23:46

timbernardis
TornAndFried
jumpontopofmebaby
TornAndFried
jumpontopofmebaby

TornandFried -- how do you know all of these specifics?

plexi

I worked for many years in the concert production business in the NYC area but there have also been some articles on here posting specific details about the No Filter stage. If you have any questions about the stage or the tour in general just ask, and I will do my best to answer.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-04 00:09 by TornAndFried.

Soundcheck time
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 3, 2019 02:06

BV told me to ask this on the boards:

About what time does the soundcheck occur on each show day, or does it vary?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-03 17:30 by bv.

Re: What Time Have the Sound Checks Been Happening?
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 3, 2019 02:29

Jax was at 5

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 3, 2019 13:34

Usually about 3 minutes after they pay their power bill …..

ROCKMAN

Date: August 3, 2019 13:35

I saw the subject line, and missed the word 'sound'. And I;m thinking "Ah they have the same problems at their job.."

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 3, 2019 13:56

Usually around an hour before doors open.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 26 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home