Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 25 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 28, 2019 23:45

He’s not limping,it’s called swaggering and it’s an old piece of footage.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 29, 2019 02:59

Chicago days:

[stoneslife.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 29, 2019 03:26

steffialicia
snorton
rara
DEmerson
Anyone see the (very quick) video of Keith walking into the plane? Almost looks like he’s limping?

was thinking the same when i watched it

What happened to the brown hair?

Maybe it was a potion that washes out right away. You go Keef!!

That would be good - there is nothing wrong with the gray!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 29, 2019 19:45

Shout out to Bjornulf for the fantastic pic of Ronnie on the IORR home page! thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 29, 2019 23:23

Here's a little perspective on the horrendous ticket scam Ticketmaster and the Rolling Stones collectively have played on the adoring public.

If you pull up TM right now for the Foxboro show there are plenty of tickets available both face value and verified resale ( which is legalized scalping)
Anyway:face value section 105 row 7 seats 1&2 $319.00 plus fees.
Face Value also section 105 row 9 seats 9&10 $525.00 plus fees.

How is this possible? A ticket 2 rows higher cost $200.00 more. If you just scroll around you will see all these inconsistencies. One section further from the stage you can pay $650.00 for certain seats because they call it a Gimme Shelter package I call it gimme all kinds of shit then shove a hot poker in my ass.
Three sections closer to the stage lower level most of the face Value seats are $394.00 with some of the 10 different FU packages sprinkled in for 2 too 3 hundred more. I'm still going because I love the music but I will get in a lot cheaper than these super greedy prices for a f***ing stadium no less,I always do.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 04:42 by virgil.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 1, 2019 00:42

..... why not "2000 Man" this tour....? one of the last chances to hear it live...!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 1, 2019 08:13

jp.M
..... why not "2000 Man" this tour....? one of the last chances to hear it live...!

Would love to have it in the setlist soon!

Date: July 1, 2019 15:52

virgil
Here's a little perspective on the horrendous ticket scam Ticketmaster and the Rolling Stones collectively have played on the adoring public.

If you pull up TM right now for the Foxboro show there are plenty of tickets available both face value and verified resale ( which is legalized scalping)

How is this possible? A ticket 2 rows higher cost $200.00 more. If you just scroll around you will see all these inconsistencies. One section further from the stage you can pay $650.00 for certain seats because they call it a Gimme Shelter package I call it gimme all kinds of shit then shove a hot poker in my ass.
Three sections closer to the stage lower level most of the face Value seats are $394.00 with some of the 10 different FU packages sprinkled in for 2 too 3 hundred more. I'm still going because I love the music but I will get in a lot cheaper than these super greedy prices for a f***ing stadium no less,I always do.

Update on the scam tickets: Foxboro 8:30 am EST Ticketmaster face value price section 129 row 29 seat 4 $244.50 plus fees . Face value Section 129 row 28 seat 4 $394.50 plus fees. So the person directly in front of you pays $150 bucks more or vice versed.
Disgusting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 15:53 by virgil.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: July 7, 2019 02:40

Is the will call que the same as for the venue, meaning regular doors?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 01:36

virgil

The price someone is willing to pay is the market price. Face value is almost meaningless. They don't know the most people are willing to pay, but the internet gives them the ability to move prices up or down. The internet also gives the consumer the ability to make an informed decision.

Take a look at New Orleans. You can have any ticket you want for $449 or less. The whole venue isn't selling. Pit for $350 on Stub Hub, get in for $29. That's how the market works.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 10, 2019 04:04

I posted this in the Glendale thread, but will post here too for wider audience.

Any thoughts on whether I should get a refund and try for cheaper or better seats on day of show for Glendale, or just keep the tickets I bought last November?

My tix are for section 132, row 4. I paid $342.75 plus fees for a total of $407.05 per seat. I think this should be a good view of the stage. Keep in mind, I am a bird-in-the-hand kind of person, who will be traveling there from out of state. I do worry about people behind me wanting me to “sit down”. I hate that. I have lucky dips for two other cities. This was to be my one “guaranteed good view” concert.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2019 04:21

Sounds like prime seats, but $342+ fees....hmmm...right now on TM you can get Sec A1 row 6 for the same face value price. Or for an extra $100 you can get Pit either side.
Or...you can wait it out and more than likely there will be some price drops.
Along with New Orleans ( which is currently seeing price drops), Glendale is the slowest selling - there's bound to be some deals eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 04:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: July 10, 2019 04:44

I'm not sure why the thread was deleted, but...

I'm fairly confident a member of the band was going to show up at a club show on the originally-scheduled tour. I think that there are now several possibilities for that to happen on the rescheduled tour. One of them is this week and will involve at least one personage who would have been involved in the original show (perhaps more), among others known to the band. Isn't in the same place, though; completely different city.

Will it happen? Probably not. Will be a worthwhile show regardless, and I have faith that "something will turn up," as it were.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 15:11 by SecondSet.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 10, 2019 06:24

Is there a single COMPLETE live show for 2019 on You Tube?? I just got frustrated looking and looking for one. A song here and there yes. I think the Stones/UMG is removing these due to copyright issues like they did to Midimannz. And maybe it is like the NFL blackout policy because they just want people to go to the shows instead of watching them at home on Youtube. Well maybe that's a stretch, but good god, there's got to be SOMETHING out there!! Help!!!

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 06:29 by timbernardis.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2019 18:38

Next stop New Orleans! Let us know if you’re coming to the show! #stonesnofilter

@officialKeef photo by J. bouquet

[twitter.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 12, 2019 23:51

With the 2019 launch of The Rolling Stones’ “No Filter” tour that commenced June 21, the iconic band follows at No. 2 (behind Ed Sheeran) with an average ticket count of 46,744 from shows in three U.S. markets. The tour’s first event of the year, a two-night stand at Chicago’s Soldier Field, drew a total of 98,228 fans grossing $21.7 million, the group’s third-highest gross on record for a solo headlining date in this century – topped only by a three-show stint at Tokyo Dome in 2014 ($27.9 million) and two concerts at London’s Hyde Park in 2013 ($22.6 million).

On July 3, the Stones played FedExField in Landover, Md., scoring $9.2 million from a sellout crowd of 39,082, then June 7, the band racked up $11.6 million in sales from 49,669 total tickets at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass. Together, the overall ticket count at all three stadiums reached 186,979 with a gross topping $42.6 million.

LIVE75 chart

[www.pollstar.com]

Date: July 13, 2019 15:58

Jeter1984
virgil

The price someone is willing to pay is the market price. Face value is almost meaningless. They don't know the most people are willing to pay, but the internet gives them the ability to move prices up or down. The internet also gives the consumer the ability to make an informed decision.

Take a look at New Orleans. You can have any ticket you want for $449 or less. The whole venue isn't selling. Pit for $350 on Stub Hub, get in for $29. That's how the market works.

I understand how the market works I've been doing it for along time. Maybe I should have clarified my issue a little better. When I talked about face value I probably should have used the term standard price by Ticketmaster the original seller of all shows. All the prices I mentioned in the above posts were Ticketmaster standard prices no secondary market seller such as Stub hub or verified resellers. So I guess my main point is how can a standard TM price could be $200 bucks more two rows higher in the same section or three sections further from the stage at the exact same market time.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 14, 2019 22:33

So my friend who ordered six tickets for my friends just got six Stones 2019 tour coolers and lanyards in the mail. Is this a thank you from the Stones for the rescheduled dates? Have not heard anything about this.

Date: July 15, 2019 08:30

Hound Dog
So my friend who ordered six tickets for my friends just got six Stones 2019 tour coolers and lanyards in the mail. Is this a thank you from the Stones for the rescheduled dates? Have not heard anything about this.

He must have ordered all VIP tix - not quite "a thank you".

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 17, 2019 20:54

Nope didn't have VIP tickets

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 17, 2019 20:56

Hound Dog

smileys with beer
Nice!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 17, 2019 22:23

Pre-show music 2019 (based on the New Orleans show):

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
Kiss - I Was Made For Loving You
Eagles Of Death Metal - Wannabe in LA
The Clash - Train in vain
Wild Cherry - Play that funky music
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen
Amy Winehouse - Valerie
Talking Heads - Psycho killer
Bernard Fowler - All The Way Down
Generation X - Dancing With Myself

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 17, 2019 23:25

Thanks for the list. Your post prompted me to do a search for the pre-show music played in 2006. There had been this special melody line in one song played shortly before they came on that always popped back up in my head for years. It didn't take very long to find out that it was "Pressure Point" by the Zutons. It totally got me into the loop right now.

Date: July 17, 2019 23:44

Hound Dog

Then I can't explain. The only non-VIP I've heard receiving VIP merch - could have been a mistake - consider him lucky!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 19, 2019 02:08

erikjjf
Pre-show music 2019 (based on the New Orleans show):

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
Kiss - I Was Made For Loving You
Eagles Of Death Metal - Wannabe in LA
The Clash - Train in vain
Wild Cherry - Play that funky music
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen
Amy Winehouse - Valerie
Talking Heads - Psycho killer
Bernard Fowler - All The Way Down
Generation X - Dancing With Myself

Thank you.smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 19, 2019 05:41

American Airways seems to have a slow working dispute going with their technicians, according to USA Today. They have delays due to this, more than other airliners. In short, don't fly on show day with AA as it is now, it might be risky.

Bjornulf

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 19, 2019 06:21

Also I recommend staying away from Frontier Airlines. They cancelled my flight
from Chicago to Jacksonville this morning along with 2 other flights. The best they could do was book another flight for Sunday - today is Thursday. By sheer luck I found a way to get to Jacksonville today via Southwest for the concert tomorrow. In my opinion they seem like a airline getting ready to go out of business.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: July 22, 2019 17:31

Does anybody think there will be any ticket drops for Pit tickets for the NJ shows?

Re: No Filter US Tour 2019
Date: July 22, 2019 21:16

Philly to Houston about 23 hours driving.

So they have to tear down the stage / load and then drive 23 hours. I am not sure what the exact hours are but truck drivers can only drive so many hours before they have to take a break so I would assume they have 2 drivers per truck. Anyway does anyone know how long it takes to tear down and load? Then how long to build ?

I think this jump from Philly to Houston might be the biggest challenge of the tour? So Far.

Not much room for error.

And Phoenix to Miami...wowsa! 34 hour drive

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-22 22:46 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Re: No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 22, 2019 23:02

jumpontopofmebaby
Philly to Houston about 23 hours driving.

So they have to tear down the stage / load and then drive 23 hours.

They use two sets of steel structure for the stage. The set in Houston is coming from Jacksonville, not Philly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 25 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home