Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 23, 2019 11:39

so, I'm wondering if perhaps the reason for "IORR" missing from the set is the lyrics maybe hit a little close to home for Mick. think about it. that one has always been a good one for Keith to do his Chuck Berry in outer space thing. for me, there are no clunkers in the set. "Sad Sad Sad" has never been a fave but i think it sounds excellent on the tape. overall, the tape is very good for first night of the tour.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 23, 2019 12:16

Xam
babyblue
Xam
Thanks to people who took pictures of the merchandise booth at past shows I like to see those.
From June 21st Chicago

Thanks for posting.
You are very welcome, my pleasure to pay back the past pictures people have posted.

These pictures are from the booth outside. There are also booths inside, large ones in the hallway, another small one as you entered the field and another one on the field. The smaller booths did not have everything.

If one booth does not have your size, or the counter person claims they dont, go to another booth and/or ask another person. If the crowds are insane long(they will be)... maybe pick a song ("Miff Youth" is the song I pick) to run out to the booths and there will be no waiting smiling smiley Or buy before show.

For what is worth I bought the white Bears Jersey, 2 red bandanas and 2 of the lithos (both lithos were numbered by a machine (not hand written) xxx/500. At the end of the show as I was walking out I noticed the lithos were sold out on the booth outside (the display litho outside was gone (I assume sold)).

I would be interested to hear if they print more lithos for the next Chicago show, if they are numbered?... and did the numbers start over 500? Or is the whole "numbered limited edition" a bunch of BS smoking smiley Not that matters a whole lot, I am happy with my lithos... I am just curious. If I had to bet on it, I would bet they print up a whole bunch the same lithos with printed numbers on them... 1-500**

**$25,000 revenue (at least $23,500 profit) is too much for them to pass up.

I like the shirts, but hoped a band photo would be on one.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 15:40

I'll be surprised if Tuesday's is the same. Make 2 and have people buy one of each! Chi #1 has the 6/21/19 date only. My guess (and only a guess)is if they were using it for both nights, it would have had 6/21 and 6/25 on it. But we will see! On a side note, I payed $50 at a somewhat well known concert poster website, for a 9/23/97 B2B tour poster just so I could display my ticket in it to match my others.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 23, 2019 16:40

TumblinDice76
I'll be surprised if Tuesday's is the same. Make 2 and have people buy one of each! Chi #1 has the 6/21/19 date only. My guess (and only a guess)is if they were using it for both nights, it would have had 6/21 and 6/25 on it. But we will see! On a side note, I payed $50 at a somewhat well known concert poster website, for a 9/23/97 B2B tour poster just so I could display my ticket in it to match my others.

Yes since it has only "6/21" on the litho, 99.999% chance there will be a new one. Might even be same design w/new date added, or it could be something else Chicago inspired...skyscrapers, the blues, or maybe even deep dish pizza ha. Weird that the limited editions numbers on the litho (1/500, etc.) are printed rather than hand written. Zip Code tour they were done by hand properly in pencil making them a bit more collectible - bought two of the San Diego lithos (and a t-shirt)- one at show and one online - and it's one of my favorite designs.

There's been several others I really liked from Zip Code and the first two legs of No Filter, but unless I'm at the show hesitant to purchase any of them. I aslo really like the first Chicago one, and if it's the same w/different date that would be great. But I have a feeling it might be deep dish pizza related!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 16:43

My guess would be Route 66 related possibly as well. A Blues/Chess records theme would have been great.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:10

Does anybody know: what was face value of the Miami Pit Tickets.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:26

I believe they had two separate shirts for the pair of shows at London Stadium last summer, albeit different colors with just the dates changed... can't recall the lithos and whether there were two designs.

With just 6/21/19 printed on the event T and the litho, I assumed there would be a different event design for Tuesday 6/25/19. I passed on both, the litho woulda been cool but I prefer 2-sided printing on an event T.

Those souvenir plastic cups were cool, too, but they jam ya from behind on the prices even more to include one! It said US Tour on the cup, so maybe I'll get a special Maple Leaf tongue on one next Saturday north of the border! Guess I shoulda exchanged over more USD to CAD!!

Can't wait... Last trip to Canada for me was for Molson Canadian Rocks Toronto in 2003! What a day that was, this one will be cake, traffic be damned!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 23:26 by TKinOH.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: June 23, 2019 23:32

I've loaded a bunch of videos from the first night in Chicago. You can find them here.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 24, 2019 01:07

blutsvente66
Does anybody know: what was face value of the Miami Pit Tickets.
I am pretty sure face value of all pit tickets to all shows are $495.50 plus fees.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 24, 2019 23:18

Love that San Diego print!

I forget where I saw it but most of the posters from the South American tour that they decided not to use blew away the official ones. I hit up the artist who did one for Buenos Aires and not surprisingly he wasn't able to sell them

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 18:41

Angus Young will certainly be in LA.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RumTumJM ()
Date: June 26, 2019 23:51

I most CERTAINLY do not mean to start anything, but is there any truth to that rumor that the guys use off stage guitarists to help Keith & Ronnie out?

I only ask because I was watching videos of the guys playing Bitch, last night. At the beginning it sounds like a guitar playing that iconic riff, but it doesn't look like Ronnie's hands are playing it. (We know Keith isn't/wouldn't.)

Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd love to be wrong.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 27, 2019 00:41

RumTumJM
I most CERTAINLY do not mean to start anything, but is there any truth to that rumor that the guys use off stage guitarists to help Keith & Ronnie out?

I only ask because I was watching videos of the guys playing Bitch, last night. At the beginning it sounds like a guitar playing that iconic riff, but it doesn't look like Ronnie's hands are playing it. (We know Keith isn't/wouldn't.)

Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd love to be wrong.

How can you say such a thing! Ronnie certainly plays the opening riff!
Watch the clip [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: June 27, 2019 15:31

Sorry if this has been posted previously but Bernard Fowler and Tim Ries will be preforming at The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) in Phoenix Aug 27th the night after the Phoenix show...also one of the current MIM exhibits is "The History Of The Electric Guitar"...If you're coming to Phoenix for the show I strongly suggest stopping by the MIM, an amazing place and the intimate concert hall is awesome too...

[mim.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 27, 2019 16:38

"Bernard Fowler and Tim Ries...the night after the Phoenix show"

Talk about a come down after a Stones show...that's akin to flying around gracefully like an eagle and suddenly smashing into a brick wall.

Would love to see the "The History Of The Electric Guitar" exhibit though - thanks for the heads up. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-27 16:42 by Hairball.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:15

Former Trucking Mogul Talks Entering the Concert Biz and Landing The Rolling Stones' Only Canadian Gig

6/26/2019 by Karen Bliss

Stan and Eva Dunford / photo: Jess Baumung

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 27, 2019 21:38

I want to here Faraway Eyes in the acoustic b stage set

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 03:08

CJFP

Is the pedal steel guitar electric? Just asking because I think the acoustic set is all acoustic, no electric and that song can't be played without the pedal steel.

A couple other songs they can play in the acoustic b stage set are Let It Bleed and No Expectations

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 28, 2019 03:10

JordyLicks96
CJFP

Is the pedal steel guitar electric? Just asking because I think the acoustic set is all acoustic, no electric and that song can't be played without the pedal steel.

A couple other songs they can play in the acoustic b stage set are Let It Bleed and No Expectations
That'd be an amazing b set.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 28, 2019 06:57

JordyLicks96

Good choices! Maybe As Tears Go By could also be played on the B-stage.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 28, 2019 14:00

Onward to Toronto! Looking forward to Burl’s Creek, our only concert in Canada! Happy to be back. #StonesNoFilter

[twitter.com]

Posted by: muncy23 ()
Date: June 28, 2019 17:52

Can anyone make out the menu on the plane on the instagram post. I tried to enlarge it but it is blurry. Just curious about the small details, as any true Stones fan is. lol

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 28, 2019 18:24

muncy23
Can anyone make out the menu on the plane on the instagram post. I tried to enlarge it but it is blurry. Just curious about the small details, as any true Stones fan is. lol

I could not read it either, but would be curious to know smiling smiley

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 28, 2019 19:09

Can make out a few more words on this one:

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 28, 2019 19:19

A few word, yes .... Chicken
grilled vegetables
eggs, bacon, grilled chicken
cupcake

Heineken, Bud light

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 28, 2019 19:32

erbissell
Can make out a few more words on this one:

It´s not the menue, it´s the Burl´s Creek setlist

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 28, 2019 20:49

Anyone see the (very quick) video of Keith walking into the plane? Almost looks like he’s limping?

Posted by: rara ()
Date: June 28, 2019 21:31

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 11:07 by rara.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 28, 2019 22:08

rara
DEmerson
Anyone see the (very quick) video of Keith walking into the plane? Almost looks like he’s limping?

was thinking the same when i watched it

What happened to the brown hair?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 28, 2019 23:38

snorton
rara
DEmerson

was thinking the same when i watched it

What happened to the brown hair?

Maybe it was a potion that washes out right away. You go Keef!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home