Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: craylord ()
Date: June 19, 2019 08:00

Hi there,

is there anyone who has Pit 1 and is looking for Pit 2 for one of the following shows:
E. Rutherford August 1st
Washington D.C. July 3rd
Miami August 31st

BR
Antonio

smiling smileyRe: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 19, 2019 13:20

Well here we are almost 6 months from when the planning started for our journey to Chicago for the Tour Opener . Last night I was packing everything up to be ready to roll after one more day at the office today , grab a few more things , maybe a sandwich and begin the long awaited and much anticipated journey to bask in the glow of THE ROLLING STONES , which for yours truly nothing matches or touches the level of adrenaline that will be pumping inside of me right up and till show time when the lights go down and the Glimmer Twins , the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the Whole Wide World arrive on stage and grace us and delights our ears and senses with the best Rock and Roll ever made . Let's Go Rolling Stones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 19, 2019 14:21

cmc
timbernardis
BluzDude
timbernardis
Questions:

I am thinking of doing a live Facebook broadcast of the opening show with my Samsung S9+. I have an extra battery too. Some questions:

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

plexi

I will sometimes choose one song (never more than one) to record on my phone, however if I try to do facebook live, there is often, especially in stadiums, too much drain on the system for it to work, success may have to do with your cellphone provider, but I don't know (I have Verizon).

i have Verizon too. Well that settles it, I think Periscope is the way to go. But in general, I have way too much stuff on my phone and I will transfer a lot of it to computer before I go so I have plenty of space to do whatever.

plexi

p

Plexi - my one and only periscope experience was Zipcode, Kansas City. It was my daughter's idea (11 years old at the time). She set up the periscope and got a USB battery pack (pocket size)to ensure the devices would last the entire show. We had a Verizon Jetpack (hotspot)that was 4g lte.
Nearly the entire show was periscoped successfully. We were 20 rows from the stage, about 6 seats from the catwalk. My daughter abandoned the periscope project early on. She was having way more fun sitting on the rail chasing picks. I was stuck filming the show.
It was fun to help others see the show via periscope. But it was a lot of work. Sometimes I look back and think that maybe I should have put the phone down and soaked it all in. Not to discourage you from your quest - I will certainly watch your broadcast!

Any stream that comes through would be just like heaven, I can tell! smiling bouncing smiley

However, during the last tours, there obviously was some blocking involved as most of the streams/pics/or even messages didn't come through after the intro, which could not be explained only by too little bandwidth involved.

In Düsseldorf, for instance, our signal was blocked as soon as the band started, a test run some 30 minutes before was without problem.

I very much hope it comes to some streams for this tour: I won't miss a single gig of this band anymore, stream or not stream! grinning smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 19, 2019 15:03

waterrats

In Düsseldorf, for instance, our signal was blocked as soon as the band started, a test run some 30 minutes before was without problem.

I very much hope it comes to some streams for this tour: I won't miss a single gig of this band anymore, stream or not stream! grinning smiley
Strangely this happened on all the German shows in 2017 but other shows like Zurich were streamed without problems. To it's either that the German mobile internet connections are too bad or the German promoters blocked the signals.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 19, 2019 15:26

#StonesNoFilter Production Rehearsal! I'm very excited and getting back into tour mode again!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 19, 2019 20:18

Hairball
Massive pit aside (which isn't that bad really unless stuck on the extreme ends), what's odd about this layout is the seated sections behind the pit.
Reminds me of Neil Young at the Forum '15 - a large GA section standing room only up front, and behind that reserved floor seating.
While myself and everyone else in GA was obviously standing in the front section (wasn't called a "pit"), everyone behind in the seated section had no choice but to do the same.
Unless they wanted to stare at the backs of everyone standing near the front, standing was the only way to properly experience the show.

Also both Desert Trips had a similar setup and was very similar to the current Stones setup...a massive pit, seated sections behind that, and in the very rear a massive GA section which seemed about a mile away.

Anyhow, not sure where I will land with Lucky Dips for Santa Clara and Glendale, but I'm not as eager to get in the pit as I might have been previously.
In fact, the best case scenario I've always hoped for would be about 1/3 - 1/2 way back somewhere near the middle. Or somewhere in the low-mid side sections about half 1/3 -1/2 way back.
Not sure if jockeying for position in the pit and holding your ground is really worth all the time and hassle - especially since I've already been there done that at Stones shows in the past.

*That being said and upon further thought, I certainly wouldn't refuse getting "lucky" by being placed in the pit! tongue sticking out smiley

When I saw Pearl Jam at the late L.A. Sports Arena back in 2013, the front half of the floor (where I was), was standing GA and the rear half had assigned seats.....but they were all standing.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 21:22

Chicago will be a great opener. Weather looks good, show is sold out, well deserved!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 19, 2019 21:42

Stubhub question- It looks like the majority of the tickets for sale list the row but not the seat location. Is this normal? Is there a way to find out where the seats are prior to buying?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 22:49

Very common.

I don't list seat numbers when I sell tickets. In the case of a concert it's likely that they either don't have the tickets yet or they have multiple pairs of tickets in that row. Or they just don't want them shown.
You could ask StubHub.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 22:51 by Jeter1984.

Date: June 19, 2019 23:21

cmc
Debbie Tiger was awesome!

Debbie posted Tuesday on Undercover List, that she has "a spare Lucky Dip for the Burl's Creek show" - so we have reason to hope that she will be there during the tour and will - hopefully - help all of us out who can't be there at the given gig ...

Go Debbie, Go! :-)

Re: smiling smileyRe: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 20, 2019 01:57

TheGreek
Well here we are almost 6 months from when the planning started for our journey to Chicago for the Tour Opener . Last night I was packing everything up to be ready to roll after one more day at the office today , grab a few more things , maybe a sandwich and begin the long awaited and much anticipated journey to bask in the glow of THE ROLLING STONES , which for yours truly nothing matches or touches the level of adrenaline that will be pumping inside of me right up and till show time when the lights go down and the Glimmer Twins , the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the Whole Wide World arrive on stage and grace us and delights our ears and senses with the best Rock and Roll ever made . Let's Go Rolling Stones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that emotion smileys with beer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 20, 2019 05:24

Gaetzi
Stubhub question- It looks like the majority of the tickets for sale list the row but not the seat location. Is this normal? Is there a way to find out where the seats are prior to buying?

It’s always been Stubhub’s policy. I think somewhere in their FAQs they explain why they do it, but it’s very annoying.

Re: smiling smileyRe: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 20, 2019 15:19

TheGreek
You can say that again! smileys with beer

Date: June 20, 2019 16:00

StonedRambler
waterrats

Strangely this happened on all the German shows in 2017 but other shows like Zurich were streamed without problems. To it's either that the German mobile internet connections are too bad or the German promoters blocked the signals.

My impression tended towards the latter - promoters blocked - maybe even the Stones management has some legal objections here.

How is it in US/Canada with football games - can you stream them freely? Or is it, that only some TV channels have the rights to show the game, so they block the ports for periscope, facebook-streams, etc. ?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 20, 2019 16:25

It would be illegal in most countries for promotors to block the signal. They can block their wifi, if they provide it and thats how you connect.

What happens is that the cell (or cells) overload with 50,000 people trying to use them. Just calls and texts add to the load; Apps more, streaming down bad, streaming-up even worse. So the cell capacity fills so much it just get well over full. Then everyone gets very poor, or no, service.

In the US some Mobile Operators add extra cells, some very small cells indeed, to major sporting (and other) venues - tuning them carefully to maximise the data capacity. That may also happen in some European countries.

Date: June 20, 2019 16:51

thecitadel
It would be illegal in most countries for promotors to block the signal. They can block their wifi, if they provide it and thats how you connect.

What happens is that the cell (or cells) overload with 50,000 people trying to use them. Just calls and texts add to the load; Apps more, streaming down bad, streaming-up even worse. So the cell capacity fills so much it just get well over full. Then everyone gets very poor, or no, service.

In the US some Mobile Operators add extra cells, some very small cells indeed, to major sporting (and other) venues - tuning them carefully to maximise the data capacity. That may also happen in some European countries.

I get your point - sounds reasonable. And, to be honest, that's a nicer explanation than to say, streams are blocked by intension.

So it's all down to what net/provider you have and how the local infrastructure is.

Debbie, btw, always got some good connection, but not exactly for free. I remember her writing during the last tour somewhere, that it costs her about 100 bucks per show to provide the stream for us.

I really admire her!
I could think of (and would suggest and join the fun myself of course) to get one or two of our friends here who have a ticket for the show, to provide a stream for us. If there's additional costs involved, I'ld like to take my share via PayPal, etc.

What do you think?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-20 17:10 by waterrats.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: June 20, 2019 17:40

Video on Keith's twitter, he looks spry.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:50

Still pondering the possibility of a B-stage, and if true (and they play three songs on it), could almost be seen as a break for Mick. Not that he needs it, but...
He'd be safely nestled amongst band mates on a small stage and mostly focusing solely on singing vs. all the strenuous demands of commanding the giant stage proper.
I'm sure he's going to give 100% for the entire show, so to have a mini set on a small stage might help him pace himself.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 20, 2019 18:56

Hairball-You may be on to something I didn't think about. On the B Stage Mick has less ground to cover. Interesting....

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: June 20, 2019 20:21

Aquamarine
Gaetzi

It’s always been Stubhub’s policy. I think somewhere in their FAQs they explain why they do it, but it’s very annoying.

Where do see Stubhub has this policy? Pretty easy to find tickets with seat numbers. My experience is that tickets without seat numbers are on the wrong place in the row.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 20, 2019 21:18

coloradocanyons
Aquamarine
Gaetzi

Where do see Stubhub has this policy? Pretty easy to find tickets with seat numbers. My experience is that tickets without seat numbers are on the wrong place in the row.

They may have a new policy, but they never used to show seat numbers, and in the FAQ they explained why. If it’s no longer there they must have changed it.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: June 20, 2019 21:24

The B stage would be a break for all of them especially if done acoustic on stools

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 20, 2019 22:04

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 20, 2019 22:22

They've been testing out a secondary stage where the band will migrate for an acoustic set that features "Play with Fire" and "Sweet Virginia," Wood said.

"We'll suddenly be among the people who thought they had bad seats," he joked. "We'll be revisiting songs from way back when, which I'm really excited about."

-Ronnie Wood June 20 courtesy of Bye Bye Johnny in another thread !!!

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:17

I wonder when the merch is being released! It started tomorrow!

Date: June 21, 2019 00:19

rocknola
The B stage would be a break for all of them especially if done acoustic on stools

True.

If you look at the ramp behind Mick, I don't think they will have a *movable* b-stage like some tours before. It's just the usual runway. So to move all that equipement to a second stage, that, I don't see clearly before my eyes happening. But well, surprise me, Stones, I'm happy with that! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 00:19 by waterrats.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:25

timbernardis

I am thinking of doing a live Facebook broadcast of the opening show with my Samsung S9+.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

The fastest US Mobile Networks 2019: [www.PCMag.com] .

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:31

waterrats
rocknola

True.

If you look at the ramp behind Mick, I don't think they will have a *movable* b-stage like some tours before. It's just the usual runway. So to move all that equipement to a second stage, that, I don't see clearly before my eyes happening. But well, surprise me, Stones, I'm happy with that! smiling bouncing smiley

They can set it up pretty quickly.

I'd imagine the crew would do it during the band intros.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:32

Mick is looking great, as are all of the band.

So looking forward to first gig of the Tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 21, 2019 00:34

WelshEdge1

They can set it up pretty quickly.

I'd imagine the crew would do it during the band intros.
Yes, and if they are just doing an acoustic set, they don't even have to bring amps to the B-Stage. All their acoustics go straight into the PA. A little drum set would be enough

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home