Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 30
No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 18, 2019 21:29

Sweet Home Chicago! Can’t wait for the #StonesNoFilter tour to start this Friday in Chicago! Who’s coming to the shows?!

[twitter.com]

Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:25

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:44

Awww yeah!
That's what we like....

Dang, that catwalk and circle stage look even lower than last years t-stage!

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: June 18, 2019 22:48

Not so popular in Canada?Any chance for cancelling the show?

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 18, 2019 23:11

MisterDDDD
Awww yeah!
That's what we like....

Dang, that catwalk and circle stage look even lower than last years t-stage!

Head on with the circle stage looks to be a great spot. It's a shame there's no Golden Circle.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 18, 2019 23:26

Sweet Home Chicago! Can’t wait for the #StonesNoFilter tour to start this Friday in Chicago! Who’s coming to the shows?!

[twitter.com][/quote]

I'll be at the 2nd show!

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 19, 2019 00:21

Better view of extended runways:

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 00:32

erbissell
Better view of extended runways:

Wow, the PIT comes much farther out and back than it looked like it would. Not so much a PIT anymore as it is front field GA. Wasn't that how it was setup for No Filter 2017 in Europe?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2019 00:55

JN99

Wasn't that how it was setup for No Filter 2017 in Europe?

For comparison Paris 2017:

[SportsVenueBusiness.com] -- Large version of this picture

Picture of Hamburg 2017: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 19, 2019 01:02

Thats brutal for the pit this year....wouldnt be too happy to be stuck way out on the side of that

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 19, 2019 01:04

The catwalk is much bigger in Chicago than in Paris.

Benjamin.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: June 19, 2019 01:14

Having seen how wide the pit is, and given the prices, I would be feeling particularly happy if I was a LD ticket holder. Surely the odds must be better than other years given that the pit looks like it will hold double the capacity!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 19, 2019 01:17

Those platforms on either far side of the stage seem larger and extend further out (Keith's side isn't up yet in pic above),
but seems the stage itself doesn't extend further on either side as was mentioned by Mick - maybe this is what he was referring to?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 19, 2019 02:15

Those pits are massive. eye popping smiley

Edit: And I'm not saying that as a good thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 02:16 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 19, 2019 02:23

That's not the Pit we know and love. It could be fun or not, depending on how many people they put in there. Definitely not paying face plus fees for that.

Date: June 19, 2019 02:29

Aquamarine
Those pits are massive. eye popping smiley

Edit: And I'm not saying that as a good thing.

Yes. Prob. A bad thing. Pit off to the side terrible seat

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 19, 2019 02:31

Right now the pit costs over 800$+fees on ticketmaster. And now you get something that's not much different than the golden circle tickets in 2014

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: June 19, 2019 02:33

Pit 1 Chicago 2nd show

Now face value

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: June 19, 2019 02:48

Same Pitt Guns n Roses used on their stadium tour in the states. While yes, it’s def not as intimate as the European shows, having been to both I can say it wont be that bad. Just different that’s all.

Date: June 19, 2019 02:53

The size of the pit reminds me of Warsaw where there was also the Diamond pit. So the new Pit it kinda as big as pit + diamond pit were together

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 02:54 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 19, 2019 02:56

If it was for me they could abolish that bloody pit and have a golden circle like in the past. But of course I would expect the prices to be cheaper then. No we have the same pit prices but a bigger pit.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 03:31

StonedRambler
The size of the pit reminds me of Warsaw where there was also the Diamond pit. So the new Pit it kinda as big as pit + diamond pit were together

I thought that. I was in Warsaw and I can see myself in that photo. Ronnie’s side, right to the far left of Gold Standing and on the rail. I’ll be Lucky Dipping in Chicago. If I’d paid full price for a Pit on this tour, I’d be rather displeased.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 19, 2019 03:55

sarahunwin
Plexi - just download the Periscope App and make an accoung. It's easy

whats a accoung?

p

Date: June 19, 2019 03:59

BluzDude
timbernardis
Questions:

I am thinking of doing a live Facebook broadcast of the opening show with my Samsung S9+. I have an extra battery too. Some questions:

Will I get in trouble or shut down if I do this?

How much cell/mobile phone space will I need for a two hour show?

Would the only folks able to see it be my facebook friends?

Perhaps an option is to broadcast it on the IORR or Shidoobee FB pages, guess I would have to choose one

And then put up a link here to my FB page, or the IORR or Shidoobee pages? Is it possible to broadcast it from three different pages at once?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

plexi

I will sometimes choose one song (never more than one) to record on my phone, however if I try to do facebook live, there is often, especially in stadiums, too much drain on the system for it to work, success may have to do with your cellphone provider, but I don't know (I have Verizon).

i have Verizon too. Well that settles it, I think Periscope is the way to go. But in general, I have way too much stuff on my phone and I will transfer a lot of it to computer before I go so I have plenty of space to do whatever.

plexi

p

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 19, 2019 04:21

timbernardis
BluzDude
timbernardis
Questions:

I am thinking of doing a live Facebook broadcast of the opening show with my Samsung S9+. I have an extra battery too. Some questions:

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

plexi

I will sometimes choose one song (never more than one) to record on my phone, however if I try to do facebook live, there is often, especially in stadiums, too much drain on the system for it to work, success may have to do with your cellphone provider, but I don't know (I have Verizon).

i have Verizon too. Well that settles it, I think Periscope is the way to go. But in general, I have way too much stuff on my phone and I will transfer a lot of it to computer before I go so I have plenty of space to do whatever.

plexi

p

Plexi - my one and only periscope experience was Zipcode, Kansas City. It was my daughter's idea (11 years old at the time). She set up the periscope and got a USB battery pack (pocket size)to ensure the devices would last the entire show. We had a Verizon Jetpack (hotspot)that was 4g lte.
Nearly the entire show was periscoped successfully. We were 20 rows from the stage, about 6 seats from the catwalk. My daughter abandoned the periscope project early on. She was having way more fun sitting on the rail chasing picks. I was stuck filming the show.
It was fun to help others see the show via periscope. But it was a lot of work. Sometimes I look back and think that maybe I should have put the phone down and soaked it all in. Not to discourage you from your quest - I will certainly watch your broadcast!

Date: June 19, 2019 04:38

maybe i wont bother, or just do it for a bit or bits. Say, the opener esp when our recently ailing Sir Mick hits the stage, band intros, rambler, last three, final bow. Maybe not, we'll see. I am no Debbie Tiger. You have given me pause to think, food for thought.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 04:39 by timbernardis.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 19, 2019 04:46

Debbie Tiger was awesome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 04:52 by cmc.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 19, 2019 04:52

Its hard not to think of Debbie Tiger and Perisope when I think back on the Zip Code tour!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 19, 2019 05:23

Go Deb Tiger!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 19, 2019 07:51

Massive pit aside (which isn't that bad really unless stuck on the extreme ends), what's odd about this layout is the seated sections behind the pit.
Reminds me of Neil Young at the Forum '15 - a large GA section standing room only up front, and behind that reserved floor seating.
While myself and everyone else in GA was obviously standing in the front section (wasn't called a "pit"), everyone behind in the seated section had no choice but to do the same.
Unless they wanted to stare at the backs of everyone standing near the front, standing was the only way to properly experience the show.
Also both Desert Trips had a similar setup and was very similar to the current Stones setup...a massive pit, seated sections behind that, and in the very rear a massive GA section which seemed about a mile away.

Anyhow, not sure where I will land with Lucky Dips for Santa Clara and Glendale, but I'm not as eager to get in the pit as I might have been previously.
In fact, the best case scenario I've always hoped for would be about 1/3 - 1/2 way back somewhere near the middle. Or somewhere in the low-mid side sections about half 1/3 -1/2 way back.
Not sure if jockeying for position in the pit and holding your ground is really worth all the time and hassle - especially since I've already been there done that at Stones shows in the past.

*That being said and upon further thought, I certainly wouldn't refuse getting "lucky" by being placed in the pit! tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-19 08:03 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home