Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 8, 2019 04:45

crholmstrom
bv
MidnightDevilRambler
"Icelandic Glacial is teaming up once again to reduce the carbon footprint of the Rolling Stones “No Filter” tour...."

I would love to see how selling bottled water in plastic bottles and shipping it around the world lowers carbon footprint. I still entered the contest, hey free tixs are free tixs.drinking smiley

It is just a sales gimmick of course. It is not environmental friendly to put water on plastic bottles and transport them long distances. Tap water is just fine in many parts of the world, like USA and Canada, where this tour is, and tap water is much more environmental friendly.
thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs upto clean water, sand and earth everywhere.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 8, 2019 18:50

what was that website ? Periscope - is it still around? -maybe we can see Chi that way? Please advise-

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 8, 2019 20:11

Anybody what to buy a sofa?I am wanting to see the Stones !Might Just hangfire to South America or Japan.Fighting my addiction.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 9, 2019 08:28

Chris Fountain
Interesting point: Warm-up Bands never get the same sound system.

I know that it is obvious but you never really get to hear the warm-up band very well. Thus, it doesn't really matter who it is.

Party pooper.

plexi

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 9, 2019 11:29

timbernardis
Chris Fountain

I know that it is obvious but you never really get to hear the warm-up band very well. Thus, it doesn't really matter who it is.

Party pooper.

plexi

The Glorious Sons in Marseille showed the difference - best support I heard in my 38 years with the Stones. They owned the whole stadium after 5 Minutes.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 9, 2019 14:57

Wondering if Buddy Guy will meet up with the band in Chicago.
Jeroen

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 9, 2019 15:06

He likely won't, he's touring the East Coast during that time.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: June 9, 2019 16:20

timbernardis
Chris Fountain

Party pooper.

plexi

thats because the warm up bands are there by design, to be the live sound check with people in the seats,

this is why you will hear periods of good and bad sound with the warm up bands,,

there is no why in hell they want to be doing major sound adjustments with the headliner

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 9, 2019 20:51

Exactly, Thnaks but INMHO it is the obvious.!

Date: June 10, 2019 01:19

bv
Icelandic Glacial is teaming up once again to reduce the carbon footprint of the Rolling Stones “No Filter” tour and fans have a chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the June 21st show at Soldier Field. The prize includes two round-trip flights, a two-night hotel stay, and a free year’s supply of Icelandic Glacial.

Win A Trip To See The Rolling Stones in Chicago

PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: Icelandic Glacial’s “Meet the Rolling Stones in Chicago” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on or about June 5, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

ELIGIBILITY: Only legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter.

it said that entry for the prize is over on June 10th. Didn't see when they would be picking the winner. Anyone see that?

plexi

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: June 10, 2019 11:26

It didn't say, but you have to respond within 48 hours. Thanks for the reminder, though!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 10, 2019 12:03

Can't believe the trip is finally here, flying out to Newark tomorrow. Then taking a bus to Boston to see if I can get a ticket to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. (yeah, right...). Back to NYC for five more days and then on to Chicago on the 19th.

This is going to be good.

See you on the road, people!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-10 12:03 by Topi.

Date: June 10, 2019 12:09

I KNOW u will get a ticket.

plexi

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 10, 2019 18:56

Here we come Chicago . Is everyone ready ?

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: June 10, 2019 19:58

Absolutely!

Starting with Chicago 1 and will end it at Miami. Not all shows but a bunch. This will be great.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 01:30

When will the LDs start? Getting a little late for Burl's Creek, turning into a nightmare for the promoter/venue. It was selling ok before the postponement but it's a near disaster now.

Radio stations can only give away so many tickets.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: June 11, 2019 05:42

Jeter1984
When will the LDs start? Getting a little late for Burl's Creek, turning into a nightmare for the promoter/venue. It was selling ok before the postponement but it's a near disaster now.

Is this information coming from Ticketmaster/Promoter? Most people would have liked it closer to the city but that makes it sound ominous.

Date: June 11, 2019 07:40

The Burl's Creek show was a great way for the venue to showcase themselves as a great place for singe day/event shows-something the owners have wanted to expand on.

The Stones, surely, must have been given a sweet deal to play this show.

Unfortunately, the postponement has killed this show. Even though the original date did not change, people changed their plans for the long weekend and are no longer interested.

The other problem is that they are asking people to pay $200-$400+ for a GA ticket in a field-not even a stadium. It's a tough sell.

Mick had to do a radio interview in Toronto, there are ads everywhere for tickets and even the AM talk stations are giving away tickets.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: June 11, 2019 07:41

Jeter1984

I suspected the sales must be bad if Mick posted that photo with the Maple Leaf tongue and Keith did an interview for the Toronto newspaper. Wonder how many have sold?

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 16:47

georgeV
Jeter1984

I suspected the sales must be bad if Mick posted that photo with the Maple Leaf tongue and Keith did an interview for the Toronto newspaper. Wonder how many have sold?

Clearly.

I know the Rogers Centre was unavailable for the dates following Chicago but were there really no other alternatives to Burl's Creek? It's in the middle of nowhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 16:47 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 16:55

georgeV
Jeter1984

disaster is an extreme statement,
by looking at ticketmaster website, most seating sections have sold well ( more so on the right hand side)
the light blue shading in the pits indicates almost sold out
GA, i doubt ever sells out even if it hit max, they would sell more tickets

I agree with being a long weekend it would be a tough sell ( i said that from day one), with that being said as it gets closer people will become more decisive

granted the location is going to suck to get there,if possible for people going for the day should sign up for the event shuttles if they can

better yet get a cheap tent and camp

but the venue itself is great for shows, much better than most stadiums anyone who has never been to burls creek will wonder why they dont do more shows their ( thats iif its done like the boots and heart event)

will this event sell out NO. did promoter expect it to sell out NO, would they have been pleasantly surprised if it did HELL YEAH

my opinion should have been one GA event pricing for all areas( just like the good ole days)

Date: June 11, 2019 17:08

Given how many seats are available in other sections, it is very unlikely the 3 sections on the right grandstand are sold out. They were most likely made unavailable on TM. People will either be upgraded or they will be included in the LDs.

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: June 11, 2019 18:19

What do u think...?
Do the Stones stay in San Francisco or in San Jose, when they play in Santa Clara

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: June 11, 2019 21:43

heinz_str
What do u think...?
Do the Stones stay in San Francisco or in San Jose, when they play in Santa Clara

As a guy who grew up in San Jose and seen about 25 shows, it is my opinion ever since they stopped playing multiple days in the Bay Area, they set up some sort of a West Coast base, and just fly to each show to go back to the base prior to the next show. In the past, the base was LA / Southern CA.

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: June 12, 2019 16:23

NEW YORK 1 Aug 1

face value Pit 1 available

If you try to buy online you get an error.

So I called ticketmaster support- said there is a problem online

Got an agent and bought tix

Just letting everyone know

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 12, 2019 16:45

tumblinbrian
NEW YORK 1 Aug 1

Thanks, someone else said they called and were told Pit wasn't available by phone. Strange. Congratulations, enjoy!

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 12, 2019 19:04

tumblinbrian
NEW YORK 1 Aug 1

Me thinks that is just more of their games....I kept getting that too until one day it magically worked. They bait and switch you by indicating there are regular priced pit tix and then you select them and voila all of a sudden another fan snatched them up. Kept trying over the period of a week (using incognito mode on browser so the cache is not an issue) untl finally the teix were able to be bought. TM games...madness.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 12, 2019 19:25

PaintitBlue
tumblinbrian
NEW YORK 1 Aug 1

Me thinks that is just more of their games....I kept getting that too until one day it magically worked. They bait and switch you by indicating there are regular priced pit tix and then you select them and voila all of a sudden another fan snatched them up. Kept trying over the period of a week (using incognito mode on browser so the cache is not an issue) untl finally the teix were able to be bought. TM games...madness.

Now Pits are showing sold out. Again.

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: June 13, 2019 03:52

Pit tickets both sides for sale for New Orleans right now. No tricks. $$982.60 for both. Into my cart as fast as could be

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-13 03:54 by LuvGlimmerTwins.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 13, 2019 13:41

As each day draws closer to opening night I am struck by the thoughts of feeling like the very first time of seeing my most favorite band of all time . The excitement and adrenaline building rapidly as each day comes closer to the date on the calendar when the lights will go down at Solider Field and out on to the Stage will come Keith with Fender Telecaster(likely but not cast into stone ) in hand and will strum that opening Chord and the pyro/fireworks barrage will announce and herald the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World and the Rolling Stones will be off and running on high octane for the next 2 hours delivering there set list filled with all the hits of there most brilliant and legendary career of lifetime achievement of entertaining us and thrilling and singing to us and gracing us with the SOUNDTRACK OF OUR LIVES ! For yours truly nothing comes even close to getting my blood pumping and coursing thru my veins and bringing me such joy and ecstasy from my earliest days of riding in Dad's automobile at such a young and impressionable age and playing with the dials and buttons on the radio and finding 19th Nervous Breakdown , The Last Time , Time is on our Side , Paint It Black, Play With Fire , Lets Spend the Night Together and being a young kid what did I know about music ? Not much except that it sounded "Fun" and it got into my ears first and then deep into my memory where it has remained and never left . That of and in itself just blows me away . Fast forward to the 70's and the Love You Live album and Some Girls album ,then I really started to "Get" The Rolling Stones and hearing a live radio broadcast on local radio in 1978 of the Rolling Stones performance from Buffalo Rich Stadium and I was hooked , addicted and whatever adjective you want to call it ! I am truly very lucky and blessed and fortunate to have this most wonderful opportunity to be able to enjoy and participate in this thrill and adventure of my lifetime . I owe a debt and gratitude to someone Very Important and Very Special to me whom without NONE of this would have ever been possible from the very beginning right to today . Thank You most kindly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home