Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: campxray ()
Date: June 5, 2019 20:10

Are the Stones in rehearsals yet? Mel Hamrick posted an Instagram story 16 hours ago showing Mick's son, Dev Jagger, in a studio with the caption "Getting ready."

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 5, 2019 20:15

Just saw PIT 1 At Levi's, Santa Clara for $650.00 last night. FYI

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 5, 2019 21:04

spikenyc
Lukas Nelson & POTR in NJ! hot smiley

Yes, very pleased about this!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 5, 2019 22:31

Gary Clark Jr. maybe we get a guest spot !!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:43

Icelandic Glacial is teaming up once again to reduce the carbon footprint of the Rolling Stones “No Filter” tour and fans have a chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the June 21st show at Soldier Field. The prize includes two round-trip flights, a two-night hotel stay, and a free year’s supply of Icelandic Glacial.

Win A Trip To See The Rolling Stones in Chicago

PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: Icelandic Glacial’s “Meet the Rolling Stones in Chicago” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on or about June 5, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

ELIGIBILITY: Only legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2019 00:57

Bishop Gunn, who are opening for the Houston show, are from Natchez--also southern rock, or as this article says,

"The band isn't easy to classify. Its sound may be best described as a dense construction of Delta blues motifs, Wilson Pickett soul, four quarts of dirty motor oil, a shot of Nashville and a chaser of The Allman Brothers — all wired, taped and packaged into a straight up rock ’n’ roll time bomb, circa 1974."

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 6, 2019 01:56

bv
Icelandic Glacial is teaming up once again to reduce the carbon footprint of the Rolling Stones “No Filter” tour and fans have a chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the June 21st show at Soldier Field. The prize includes two round-trip flights, a two-night hotel stay, and a free year’s supply of Icelandic Glacial.

PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: Icelandic Glacial’s “Meet the Rolling Stones in Chicago” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on or about June 5, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

ELIGIBILITY: Only legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter.

Thank you, Bjornulf!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2019 02:04

latebloomer
Thank you, Bjornulf!

thumbs up

Date: June 6, 2019 02:15

MisterDDDD
latebloomer
Thank you, Bjornulf!

thumbs up

If you win, you're taking me Mister DDD...and don't you forget it! grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2019 03:02

Deal latebloomer cool smiley.. I'll take just the hotel and one VIP ticket, thanks.

Date: June 6, 2019 03:15

MisterDDDD
Deal latebloomer cool smiley.. I'll take just the hotel and one VIP ticket, thanks.

Touche! smiling smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 6, 2019 09:23

Lucked out & got POTR in Seattle. Just saw the backing Neil Young a few weeks ago. My friend will be pleased as she is a big fan of Lukas Nelson.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: June 6, 2019 16:50

Just caught Bishop Gunn last night in Brooklyn.
These kids ROCK!
They are very psyched to be warming up for the Stones.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:38

latebloomer
bv

Thank you, Bjornulf!

If you read it, it looks like a round trip for 2 but only admission for one?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:50

It specifically says, "chance to win 2 VIP tickets to the June 21st show".

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 6, 2019 22:23

keefmick

It says Premium Tickets what can mean anything

Luckily I’m not frome the US, so I can’t win......
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 6, 2019 22:37

keefmick

And a " meet and greet with the Rolling Stones " !!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 6, 2019 23:17

keefmick
I didn't' see those exact words in the application....anyway, I'm trying to close a big case at my work and that's where my concentration is right now....so much for multi-tasking

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 7, 2019 00:37

Interesting point: Warm-up Bands never get the same sound system.

I know that it is obvious but you never really get to hear the warm-up band very well. Thus, it doesn't really matter who it is.

Date: June 7, 2019 00:46

keefmick

There is a separate "rules" page with all the details. See the link at the botton of the site, which says:

official rules

It is a long and detailed "legal" text, including this part:

PRIZES/ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize is available. The Grand Prize winner will receive airfare for two (2) to Chicago, Illinois (ORD) from their home airport, a two (2) night stay at a hotel in Chicago, two (2) VIP tickets which include premium seats and a meet and greet with The Rolling Stones, and one (1) year’s supply of Icelandic Glacial water. Any other costs associated with acceptance or use of the Grand Prize is at the Grand Prize winner’s and their Guests’ sole expense, including, but not limited to, round-trip ground transportation between winner’s or Guests’ residences and the designated airport, concessions, parking fees, gasoline, and tolls. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $3000.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 00:47 by bv.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 7, 2019 01:11

Thanks for alerting us to the contest, bv! I hope someone from here wins.

Date: June 7, 2019 01:28

I purchased Mega Million Lottery Tix 535 million dollars- after taxes etc... 250 mil

Screw the Money there are more important things at this stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 02:55 by Chris Fountain.

Date: June 7, 2019 04:01

Chris Fountain

I know that it is obvious but you never really get to hear the warm-up band very well. Thus, it doesn't really matter who it is.

i talked to vernon reid after living colour's set in 1989 in vancouver & told him the sound for them wasn't good & that i had really good seats. he thanked me for letting him know & that he was going to talk to the powers that be. the next night, living colour's sound was way better.

Date: June 7, 2019 04:20

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

i talked to vernon reid after living colour's set in 1989 in vancouver & told him the sound for them wasn't good & that i had really good seats. he thanked me for letting him know & that he was going to talk to the powers that be. the next night, living colour's sound was way better.

Same Tour saw them in Raleigh - Setlist - 27 songs Living Colour played -I think or it could have been Kravitz not sure. For the Setlist Auditors - Maybe too many warhorses but the line of distinction for song selection is becoming unclear as now I just want to see them. Good to hear from ya CR - Two months of no favorable sports in my book.

Start Me Up

Bitch

Sad Sad Sad

Undercover of the Night

Harlem Shuffle

Tumbling Dice

Miss You

Ruby Tuesday

Play With Fire

Dead Flowers

Rock and a Hard Place

One Hit (To the Body)

Mixed Emotions

Honky Tonk Women

Midnight Rambler

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Little Red Rooster

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Paint It Black

2000 Light Years From Home

Sympathy for the Devil

Gimme Shelter

It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)

Brown Sugar

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Jumpin Jack Flash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 04:21 by Chris Fountain.

Date: June 7, 2019 04:27

It seems like they also played Terrifying but maybe not. But during that tour -especially while promoting - Terrying was the background sound - on commercials Sorta like Love is Strong during the VD Lounge tour in 94 (which was much better) on VH-1

Remember that? VH-1 promoted the hell out of that tour - behind unnamed sources.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-07 04:32 by Chris Fountain.

Date: June 7, 2019 17:44

"Icelandic Glacial is teaming up once again to reduce the carbon footprint of the Rolling Stones “No Filter” tour...."

I would love to see how selling bottled water in plastic bottles and shipping it around the world lowers carbon footprint. I still entered the contest, hey free tixs are free tixs.drinking smiley

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: June 8, 2019 00:24

MidnightDevilRambler
"Icelandic Glacial is teaming up once again to reduce the carbon footprint of the Rolling Stones “No Filter” tour...."

I would love to see how selling bottled water in plastic bottles and shipping it around the world lowers carbon footprint. I still entered the contest, hey free tixs are free tixs.drinking smiley

It is just a sales gimmick of course. It is not environmental friendly to put water on plastic bottles and transport them long distances. Tap water is just fine in many parts of the world, like USA and Canada, where this tour is, and tap water is much more environmental friendly.

Bjornulf

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 8, 2019 01:10

bv
MidnightDevilRambler

It is just a sales gimmick of course. It is not environmental friendly to put water on plastic bottles and transport them long distances. Tap water is just fine in many parts of the world, like USA and Canada, where this tour is, and tap water is much more environmental friendly.

Maybe that's why it's called the "No Filter" Tour. But as a proud and loyal American I can tell you that I wouldn't trust any water that flows through lead pipes. I think they should consider calling it the "Use a Filter" Tour, or at least a Brita.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 8, 2019 03:00

The Sicilian
bv
MidnightDevilRambler

Maybe that's why it's called the "No Filter" Tour. But as a proud and loyal American I can tell you that I wouldn't trust any water that flows through lead pipes. I think they should consider calling it the "Use a Filter" Tour, or at least a Brita.

Let us not forget poor Flint, Michigan, and I say: Thank You Icelandic Glacial for offering a generous contest.

Date: June 8, 2019 04:09

bv
MidnightDevilRambler

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home