Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 20, 2019 19:05

Rokyfan
Aquamarine
marianna

Do they still have ducks walking the red carpet at the Peabody?

Yup!
Why a duck?

They have a fountain in the lobby that ducks swim in at certain parts of the day.

They have this big ceremony where the ducks ride down the elevator (there's a cage on the roof), walk through the lobby, and jump into the fountain (and vice versa at the end of the day).

I think it all started decades ago when some hunters put their duck decoys in the fountain and everyone got a kick out of it.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 19:24

BV, if you can arrange it....layover in Louisville, KY and drive 2.5 hrs to Nashville. Come to Louisville and sip a little bourbon with me.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 19:34

keefmick
How do those of you getting tickets from scalpers outside the stadium get around the fact that they could just be selling multiples of the same ticket print out? Do you make them walk you into the stadium? Thanks.

Walk to the gate no matter what type of ticket....that's the only way to 100% guarantee it is legit.

even "hard tickets" can be faked (happened to a buddy of mine at the Dead back in like 1991 - well before internet and high-quality/tech printers).

I'd even bet somebody has figured out how to "fake" digital tix that can be transferred to your phone.

Points are:

a) Never underestimate the power & determination of scumbags to rip you off (see: Ticketmaster).

b) Make the scalper go to the door w/ you (and be sure (s)he goes all the way up to the gate, not the old "I'll just wait back here" move)...a nice scalper will be happy to do it and should even smile and wave once you get in!!

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: May 20, 2019 20:55

Just fyi,if anyone is interested, platinum pit for Chicago 1 is $1200 on TM now.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 20, 2019 22:13

OhYesMeAgain
Just fyi,if anyone is interested, platinum pit for Chicago 1 is $1200 on TM now.

Well I AM interested just cannot come up with a plausible story...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 20, 2019 22:24

1200 dollars????? Unbelievable !!!!!
jeroen

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 23:05

1200 dollars... eye rolling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 21, 2019 00:10

runrudolph

In Germany 2017/18 it was officially 1275 EUR: the Pit-Ticket + some Merchandise (= StartMeUp-VIP-Package) - [iorr.org] - [web.archive.org] .

Ticketmaster UK had in 2018 also dynamic pricing: [iorr.org] - (Pit = £740 -> 940 US$).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-21 00:30 by Irix.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 21, 2019 01:43

Yeah, didn’t Germany also have, if I remember right, a high number of Lucky Dips that became pit tix, since fewer people bought the high-price pits?

I know in the States, on zip code, each venue seemed to have more or less LDs becoming pits, depending on the audience buying patterns. I dunno, these are just off the top perceptions. I could be wrong.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 21, 2019 01:53

angee
Yeah, didn’t Germany also have, if I remember right, a high number of Lucky Dips that became pit tix, since fewer people bought the high-price pits?

I know in the States, on zip code, each venue seemed to have more or less LDs becoming pits, depending on the audience buying patterns. I dunno, these are just off the top perceptions. I could be wrong.
Yep, many LD became pit in Berlin last year (I think more than 100).

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: May 21, 2019 02:13

stickyfingers101
keefmick
How do those of you getting tickets from scalpers outside the stadium get around the fact that they could just be selling multiples of the same ticket print out? Do you make them walk you into the stadium? Thanks.

Walk to the gate no matter what type of ticket....that's the only way to 100% guarantee it is legit.

even "hard tickets" can be faked (happened to a buddy of mine at the Dead back in like 1991 - well before internet and high-quality/tech printers).

I'd even bet somebody has figured out how to "fake" digital tix that can be transferred to your phone.

Points are:

a) Never underestimate the power & determination of scumbags to rip you off (see: Ticketmaster).

b) Make the scalper go to the door w/ you (and be sure (s)he goes all the way up to the gate, not the old "I'll just wait back here" move)...a nice scalper will be happy to do it and should even smile and wave once you get in!!

Its keeping them there once you start to try and get in that would be the kicker right? e.g. as soon as you go to scan they could be gone? Or are u saying hold on to the cash until you get scanned?

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 21, 2019 02:19

If a scalper at the venue won't take paypal('Goods and Services' not 'Friends and Family') I wouldn't bother.

If they are legit they have nothing to worry about and it gives the buyer some protection. Add in a few bucks to cover their fees and then even if they leave you have recourse if anything goes south.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 21, 2019 02:21

Don’t complain about $1,200. Your date may want privacy in Chicago opening night, and snacks and drink are not included:
SUITE

D LEVEL SUITE INCLUDES 20 TICKETS & 4 PARKING PASSES
$16,630
All-in pricing; no hidden fees
Not Catered

Date: May 21, 2019 03:48

35love
Don’t complain about $1,200. Your date may want privacy in Chicago opening night, and snacks and drink are not included:
SUITE

$16,630
Not Catered

I think watching a concert from inside a suit would be like have sex with a condom!!!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 21, 2019 05:08

35love
SUITE

$16,630
Not Catered

If the Stones played the Royal Albert Hall I would be fine with the suite but at a stadium not a chance.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2019 05:11

jumpontopofmebaby
35love
SUITE

$16,630
Not Catered

I think watching a concert from inside a suit would be like have sex with a condom!!!!

Yeah, you want to wear something that gives you more uninhibited freedom of movement.

Posted by: rara ()
Date: May 21, 2019 08:00

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 11:07 by rara.

Date: May 21, 2019 09:38

Irix
runrudolph

In Germany 2017/18 it was officially 1275 EUR: the Pit-Ticket + some Merchandise (= StartMeUp-VIP-Package) - [iorr.org] - [web.archive.org] .

Ticketmaster UK had in 2018 also dynamic pricing: [iorr.org] - (Pit = £740 -> 940 US$).

yeah, well in 2017 Amsterdam Pit was E 250 ( a few days before the gig);
Southampton 2018 Pit, i paid about E 560,- (which was a lot of money, at least for me)
Jeroen

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 21, 2019 09:41

Aquamarine
tonyc
I was in Nashville three days ago for The Who. Nashville is anything but "smallish" anymore. It is absolutely exploding downtown. But, if you get a downtown hotel you can keep yourself fully entertained with musical history and bars and restaurants within walking distance. Any other attractions you might consider are a short drive away.

I was there the same night for the Hives, imagine my delight when both shows let out at the same time . . . eye rolling smiley

Nashville is definitely growing, but the downtown area is still very walkable, compared to some large cities. Downtown hotel prices are getting increasingly insane, unfortunately, but it's still a wonderful city to spend a few days in.

I love the Hives!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2019 11:24

crholmstrom
Aquamarine
tonyc
I was in Nashville three days ago for The Who. Nashville is anything but "smallish" anymore. It is absolutely exploding downtown. But, if you get a downtown hotel you can keep yourself fully entertained with musical history and bars and restaurants within walking distance. Any other attractions you might consider are a short drive away.

I was there the same night for the Hives, imagine my delight when both shows let out at the same time . . . eye rolling smiley

Nashville is definitely growing, but the downtown area is still very walkable, compared to some large cities. Downtown hotel prices are getting increasingly insane, unfortunately, but it's still a wonderful city to spend a few days in.

I love the Hives!

So excited to get to see them, it was an amazing high-energy show!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 14:38

PaintitBlue
stickyfingers101
keefmick

Points are:

Its keeping them there once you start to try and get in that would be the kicker right? e.g. as soon as you go to scan they could be gone? Or are u saying hold on to the cash until you get scanned?

yep...that's the only 100% way to guarantee it's not fake.

Sucks, but otherwise, you take your chances.

Scan - Beep - Hand Over Cash.

Arrive early...lines/crowds make the process more annoying for all parties involved.

good luck!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2019 18:15

Aquamarine
crholmstrom
Aquamarine
tonyc

I love the Hives!

So excited to get to see them, it was an amazing high-energy show!

I saw them twice opening for the Stones in Stockholm '03 at the Globen and Stadion - up there with my favorite openers.
They're playing down at the small Fox theater in Pomona next Tuesday and I really want to go!!!

Date: May 21, 2019 19:51

runrudolph
Irix
runrudolph

Southampton 2018 Pit, i paid about E 560,- (which was a lot of money, at least for me)
Jeroen

Did you patiently wait for the pit drops Jeroen? I am willing to wait right up until show time for pits at the right price but looking to cover all the bases

Date: May 21, 2019 20:54

PaintitBlue
runrudolph
Irix
runrudolph

Jeroen

Did you patiently wait for the pit drops Jeroen? I am willing to wait right up until show time for pits at the right price but looking to cover all the bases

Well, for Amsterdam i first had a GA ticket. Then suddenly i read a post on IORR that PIT prices had dropped for Amsterdam. This was about one week for the gig. E 250 was a very good price. I could sell my GA ticket to a fan on IORR.
Also for Arnhem, PIT prices dropped about 2 weeks for the gig.

For Southampton i bought a PIT ticket immediately, even though it was expensive. i did not want to take chances there.

So, you could take a chance and wait. But,, prices might not drop, and you will miss a chance to get a ticket.
Hard to give advice, but i wish everyone good luck.
Jeroen

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: May 21, 2019 21:23

Do keep in mind though that the regular pit price of Amsterdam was face value 235 euro,quite a big difference with the US pricing of USD 500.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 21, 2019 21:58

There were no pits on the Zip Code tour, assigned seating all the way to the front row.angry smiley It was hard to adjust after all the pits in the arena shows of 14 on Fire.

Date: May 21, 2019 22:01

rlstone
Do keep in mind though that the regular pit price of Amsterdam was face value 235 euro,quite a big difference with the US pricing of USD 500.

Well not sure of the currency exchange but I am seeing the "all in" price of 570 for a pit face value ticket.

Posted by: rlstone ()
Date: May 21, 2019 22:15

PaintitBlue
rlstone

Well not sure of the currency exchange but I am seeing the "all in" price of 570 for a pit face value ticket.

You are right, 500 USD excluding fees.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 22:47

Tickets price is indecent, shameful. It's delirious.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 22, 2019 00:51

PaintitBlue
rlstone

For some reason, fees seem to be treated as an optional extra here!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home