Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 30
Re: No Filter Tour USA/Canada 2019
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 19, 2019 16:24

How do those of you getting tickets from scalpers outside the stadium get around the fact that they could just be selling multiples of the same ticket print out? Do you make them walk you into the stadium? Thanks.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: May 19, 2019 16:38

BV: Nashville is definitely the place to go. Stay in the downtown area so you can walk to SOBRO. That is the south Broadway area with all the bars with live music. There obviously is country but also a lot of classic rock. For a more laid back acoustic set the Margaretaville bar is nice. Nashville is also becoming known as a foodie town as there are a lot of great places to eat. We don’t rent a car but use taxis or Uber if needed.You won’t be disappointed.

Posted by: dandelion12 ()
Date: May 19, 2019 16:45

Thank you all for your advices!
With the device of a friend we finally GOT OUR TICKETS!! smiling smiley
It's a great forum, thank you!

STONES FOREVER!!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 19, 2019 18:02

tonyc
I was in Nashville three days ago for The Who. Nashville is anything but "smallish" anymore. It is absolutely exploding downtown. But, if you get a downtown hotel you can keep yourself fully entertained with musical history and bars and restaurants within walking distance. Any other attractions you might consider are a short drive away.

Yes Nashville is becoming very very large. We went to see Exhibitionism there just before it left. Nashville is becoming quite expensive too in addition to its growth, which seems to be diluting its character a bit, but a fine city all the same.

Memphis is another destination, night and day difference from Nashville, smaller, cheaper, Blues & Rock as opposed to Country (though Nashville's got its share of Rock too).

Nashville and Memphis don't seem to appreciate each other, you won't find many in either city that like the other.

Memphis also has, in addition to Graceland of course, has Sun Studios, STAX studios, International Blues Hall of Fame, Rock & Soul (run by the Smithsonian), Memphis Music all of Fame, and probably others I'm missing. So a ton of Rock & Blues history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-19 18:07 by kovach.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: May 19, 2019 18:53

babyblue
Aug in Seattle guess will be still hot or comfortable. So dont mind. What a about Denver,?

August will usually be warm/hot during the day (average around 88F) and cool off a bit much later in the night (average around 58F). If it rains tends to be more of a short term thunderstorm rather than a wide storm front. With the elevation humidity is usually low unlike the east and southern parts of the US during August.

If there is a chance of rain I would usually bring a waterproof parka. See my thread on the clear bag policy in effect for all US stadiums.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 19, 2019 19:09

keefmick
How do those of you getting tickets from scalpers outside the stadium get around the fact that they could just be selling multiples of the same ticket print out? Do you make them walk you into the stadium? Thanks.

My experience has generally been pretty good. Every time I tried to hustle up tickets, I first ask what they are selling the tickets for & then give them a low ball offer & then negotiate from there. I've never run into the problem of "fake" tickets. I suppose it wouldn't hurt having the person walk with you to the ticket counter, especially with email printed out tickets. The hard stock ticket I never worry about them.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 19, 2019 19:45

keefmick

I would never buy a printed e-ticket. That would be profoundly naive. Hard tickets only and make sure you take a printout of a floorplan so that you’re not buying a nosebleed.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 19, 2019 21:40

Aquamarine
timbernardis
OK folks, I am having trouble finding a view from my seat type of website. Please give me two or three sites that do this, down to the view of a concert stage from an individual seat if possible. Thanks.

plexi

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/

Thanks, but I cannot find my section at Levi's which is 136, the closest is 134.

Also, the seats say "Limited View." What does that mean? They seem to be directly up from the side of the stage, Keith's side.

plexi

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 19, 2019 21:57

grzegorz67
keefmick

I would never buy a printed e-ticket. That would be profoundly naive. Hard tickets only and make sure you take a printout of a floorplan so that you’re not buying a nosebleed.

I always buy hard tickets, too (which are harder to come by these digital days). The problem with this tour is that a lot of us were able to cancel hard tickets online. So there are a lot of tickets in circulation, some canceled and some not. It's not fail-safe, but it might help to buy hard tickets with the new date, not the old one.

Do you make them walk you into the stadium? Yes, insist on that. Perfectly OK. Try to buy from a fan who has just one extra.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: May 19, 2019 22:32

bv
What is the best stopover from Boston to New Orleans? I just like it warm dry an quiet, don't think I will survive more than two days in New Orleans, so with the full week off I am looking for a great "Southwest Airlines stopover". May be Nashville?
If you opt for Nashville as a stop over, which, I think is not too bad an idea, pay a visit to "Bobby's Idle Hour" Tavern on Music Row. It is a bar with loads of history, many longer songwriters passed through there, and they still have the tradition of live music and "guitar pull" though, unfortunately, it is not the same as it used to be, avoid when they announce "comedy" ...
Also, there is a variety of really quiet places close by, like hiking in the local area, Hickory Lake or out Fairview. Even a trip to the Smokey Mountains is close by, if you have a car.

Would love to be there, but cannot make it to the U.S, this year. Hope to see the Stones back in Europe .... for this tour, I will have to follow your fine reports from over seas, highly appreciated ...

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: May 19, 2019 23:08

bv
What is the best stopover from Boston to New Orleans? I just like it warm dry an quiet, don't think I will survive more than two days in New Orleans, so with the full week off I am looking for a great "Southwest Airlines stopover". May be Nashville?

I don't know if you're trying to avoid hot weather, but I need to second the recommendation of Savannah, Georgia. You could spend 2-3 relaxing days there. I visited Savannah to see Bob Dylan last fall and fell in love with the town. Gorgeous parks, good people and food, nice walking around. Not sure about the summer though.

Posted by: Sherbabe ()
Date: May 19, 2019 23:40

cyclist
bv

I don't know if you're trying to avoid hot weather, but I need to second the recommendation of Savannah, Georgia. You could spend 2-3 relaxing days there. I visited Savannah to see Bob Dylan last fall and fell in love with the town. Gorgeous parks, good people and food, nice walking around. Not sure about the summer though.

Summer in Savannah is "stick your head in the freezer to cool off when you come back in the door" hot and humid. It is beautiful and historic, with the Atlantic ocean 15 miles from the city.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 20, 2019 00:13

35love
Rainy in N CA
How happy the RS reschedules as soon as possible
What a band.
Bought a pretty Paris blue 2014 t-shirt RS.com
not there but Nanterre
;-)

One of the rainiest May days in 30 years they said. Glad I didn't need to potentially ruin my recording gear. Ready for August.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 20, 2019 00:17

grzegorz67
keefmick

A hard ticket may have been replaced by an e ticket so still may not matter. If its real the barcode is used once so the later you go the riskier the purchase.

Date: May 20, 2019 00:32

Now have tix for Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Denver, SF Bay Area/Santa Clara. At the latter two I will be sitting with brothers and other family at each show.

Need the LD codes for:

Seattle

LA/Pasadena

plexi

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 20, 2019 01:00

tonyc
I was in Nashville three days ago for The Who. Nashville is anything but "smallish" anymore. It is absolutely exploding downtown. But, if you get a downtown hotel you can keep yourself fully entertained with musical history and bars and restaurants within walking distance. Any other attractions you might consider are a short drive away.

I was there the same night for the Hives, imagine my delight when both shows let out at the same time . . . eye rolling smiley

Nashville is definitely growing, but the downtown area is still very walkable, compared to some large cities. Downtown hotel prices are getting increasingly insane, unfortunately, but it's still a wonderful city to spend a few days in.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: May 20, 2019 01:57

In Nashville the Country Music Hall of Fame is interesting. Also the Johnny Cash museum is a must. I am not a big country fan but both are excellent? The Johnny Cash one, though small is a great place to learn about him and his music. I’m sorry I never saw him in concert.

I have also been to Memphis but much prefer Nashville. It has a better vibe to it. They have a minor league baseball team with a nice stadium if you’re into baseball.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 20, 2019 03:10

timbernardis
Aquamarine
timbernardis
OK folks, I am having trouble finding a view from my seat type of website. Please give me two or three sites that do this, down to the view of a concert stage from an individual seat if possible. Thanks.

plexi

Thanks, but I cannot find my section at Levi's which is 136, the closest is 134.

Also, the seats say "Limited View." What does that mean? They seem to be directly up from the side of the stage, Keith's side.

plexi

Mmm, are these the tickets you got at a rock bottom price from an unknown seller online?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 20, 2019 03:20

Aquamarine
tonyc

I was there the same night for the Hives, imagine my delight when both shows let out at the same time . . . eye rolling smiley

Nashville is definitely growing, but the downtown area is still very walkable, compared to some large cities. Downtown hotel prices are getting increasingly insane, unfortunately, but it's still a wonderful city to spend a few days in.

Agree country hall, and JC museum is cool, plus the musicians hall of fame is really good.

And agree hotels are becoming insane!

Peabody Memphis has its 150 anniversary this year, some killer deals there. Snagged two rooms in 2 weeks for $150 each a couple weeks from now. Typically those are at least $285+.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2019 03:36

daspyknows
35love
Rainy in N CA
How happy the RS reschedules as soon as possible
What a band.
Bought a pretty Paris blue 2014 t-shirt RS.com
not there but Nanterre
;-)

One of the rainiest May days in 30 years they said. Glad I didn't need to potentially ruin my recording gear. Ready for August.

It rained like the dickens down here in SoCal as well overnight and this morning as we caught the tail end of that storm...even snowed a bit up in the mountains.
It's been cool and windy all day, and it's May 19th? Feels like mid-winter!

Posted by: UNCSTONE ()
Date: May 20, 2019 06:09

If anyone is in town at that time - Chuck Leavell is playing the 15th at Gramercy Theater.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 20, 2019 07:17

UNCSTONE
If anyone is in town at that time - Chuck Leavell is playing the 15th at Gramercy Theater.

...and I have a spare front of stage, 2nd row ticket to sell =) See post on Ticket Trader [iorr.org]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 20, 2019 07:18

As for NYC, I will be in NJ/NYC from June 11 thru June 19 according to my original plan. When the tour was postponed I took things in stride and decided I'd just have a nice holiday there. Which I will, before the two opening shows in Chicago. Things actually worked out near perfect for me.

Date: May 20, 2019 08:43

35love
timbernardis
Aquamarine
timbernardis

plexi

plexi

Mmm, are these the tickets you got at a rock bottom price from an unknown seller online?

different show

p

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 20, 2019 09:51

kovach
Aquamarine
tonyc

Agree country hall, and JC museum is cool, plus the musicians hall of fame is really good.

And agree hotels are becoming insane!

Peabody Memphis has its 150 anniversary this year, some killer deals there. Snagged two rooms in 2 weeks for $150 each a couple weeks from now. Typically those are at least $285+.

Do they still have ducks walking the red carpet at the Peabody? Memphis has Graceland and Sun Studios. It is hot and humid, though.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 20, 2019 11:01

marianna

Do they still have ducks walking the red carpet at the Peabody?

Yup!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 20, 2019 12:04

I can still see my two shows. I have a understanding boss. Will turn it into a road trip. Hope to see BV.

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: May 20, 2019 18:14

If it helps at all I have used very close up limited view tickets in keith’s side of the stage without issue in Philadelphia in the last... three may be a pole or something nearby but sometimes there are empties near by and I have found these to be pretty good in my experience way better than being at the back of the house anyway

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 18:35

keefmick

I used to work at Metlife stadium security. We knew a few of the local scalpers and "most" of their client who bought in the parking lots, the scalper would walk with them up to the point where the tickets got scanned.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 20, 2019 18:36

Aquamarine
marianna

Do they still have ducks walking the red carpet at the Peabody?

Yup!
Why a duck?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home