Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT: Eurovision Song Contest...
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 19, 2019 03:38

DeanGoodmann
Eurovision really is a blast.

True, what a terrible blast...

Date: May 19, 2019 09:30

MAF
Too many of theses "artists" cannot really sing... Terrible.

They sang better than Madonna smiling smiley

Date: May 19, 2019 09:33

DeanGoodman
Congrats to the sensible Dutch guy. (And they should have won a few years ago with the Common Linnets). I'm surprised North Macedonia, Azerbaijan, and especially Australia didn't do better. Eurovision really is a blast.

Azerbaijan and Australia were both very good, imo.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 19, 2019 09:55

Ok, no Rolling Stones, but next year Eurovision Song Contest in the Ziggo Dome !
smiling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 19, 2019 09:55

Is it over? Did somebody win?

Date: May 19, 2019 12:24

doitywoik
Is it over? Did somebody win?

The Netherlands

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 19, 2019 12:25

doitywoik
Did somebody win?

Definitely NOT music...

Date: May 19, 2019 12:31

DandelionPowderman
MAF

Please, no knocks on Madonna. Love that girl.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 19, 2019 12:33

There is lot of buzz regarding Madonnas performance yesterday. Some are proposing she should use her big fee ($1,5 million apparently) to pay for her singing lessons.
The Netherlands jury said live on tv: "...I'm so grateful for this evening...and Madonna's autotune".

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 19, 2019 12:50

Well, from the little I have seen from it, it's clear that Iceland is the moral winner.

Date: May 19, 2019 12:55

I wouldn't say so, Matxil. On the contrary. But it depends on your political view of course.

Date: May 19, 2019 13:40

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
MAF

Agreed, but she made a fool of herself yesterday, unfortunately..

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 19, 2019 13:45

A surprising number of decent songs this year I thought: North Macedonia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Iceland, U.K., Netherlands and Russia for example. The interval, (which seemed to be far longer than in the past), had some excellent entertainment though I have to agree with an earlier post that Madonna was flat when she sang live and the second song was playback.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 19, 2019 14:34

DandelionPowderman
MAF

That’s easy. smoking smiley

Date: May 19, 2019 14:46

rebelrebel
A surprising number of decent songs this year I thought: North Macedonia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Iceland, U.K., Netherlands and Russia for example. The interval, (which seemed to be far longer than in the past), had some excellent entertainment though I have to agree with an earlier post that Madonna was flat when she sang live and the second song was playback.

Not flat, totally off pitch smiling smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 19, 2019 15:33

and she got 1,5 milion dollar for it!

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 19, 2019 16:23

Wow!...how much does she charge for singing ON pitch?

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: May 20, 2019 02:34

matxil
Well, from the little I have seen from it, it's clear that Iceland is the moral winner.
Absolutely!
Amazing how the supposed “liberal” gay-friendly crowd reacted with such hostility at the glimpse of the flag that represents so many of their neighbours and fellow human beings.
The Iceland group sent a simple message of inclusion that was heard around the world!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 02:40 by Angus MacBagpipe.

Date: May 20, 2019 02:55

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
MAF

Agreed, but she made a fool of herself yesterday, unfortunately..

What did she do?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: May 20, 2019 03:17

Damn what happen to No Filter # 2 Dublin opening night THREAD it was just for FUN!!!!!! Are all Past STONES SHOWS HEADED TO THE DUST BIN OR CAN WE REMEMBER THE TIMES WE HAD.....OR NOT REALLY LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 20, 2019 04:04

Angus MacBagpipe
matxil
Absolutely!
Amazing how the supposed “liberal” gay-friendly crowd reacted with such hostility at the glimpse of the flag that represents so many of their neighbours and fellow human beings.
The Iceland group sent a simple message of inclusion that was heard around the world!

Well, the nation that the Icelandic sexual sadist group insulted was the same nation that spent million of dollars (or shekels) on protecting them from their "neighbours and fellow human beings".
I'm sure their gay bdsm-skit would have been more welcomed in the Hamas occupied area. Don't you? Why didn't they go there instead of insulting their host?

Date: May 20, 2019 07:13

Says the guy who made a “joke” implying that all Palestinians are terrorists.
Maybe stay off the politics and take your bigoted jokes elsewhere Stoneage.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 07:25 by Angus MacBagpipe.

Date: May 20, 2019 07:36

You're lying, Bagpipe. I haven't made a joke about all Palestinians are terrorists. Stay off politics? It was you who brought it up. I merely responded to your support of the Icelandic violation of code of conduct.
Seems only fair to me. If you don't want politics - don't bring it up then.

Date: May 20, 2019 07:43

Stoneage
You're lying, Bagpipe. I haven't made a joke about all Palestinians are terrorists. Stay off politics? It was you who brought it up. I merely responded to your support of the Icelandic violation of code of conduct.
Seems only fair to me. If you don't want politics - don't bring it up then.
Sorry, I misread it in the small print on my screen. That was not your “joke” about the Palestinian singing “Rockets to Israel”. You just quoted it. My apologies.

Date: May 20, 2019 07:47

Apology accepted.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 20, 2019 09:45

Stoneage
Angus MacBagpipe
matxil
Absolutely!

Well, the nation that the Icelandic sexual sadist group insulted was the same nation that spent million of dollars (or shekels) on protecting them from their "neighbours and fellow human beings".
I'm sure their gay bdsm-skit would have been more welcomed in the Hamas occupied area. Don't you? Why didn't they go there instead of insulting their host?

Good point!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 20, 2019 10:14

One thing that always strikes me from the few minutes of Eurovision that I can never seem to avoid seeing...

...is that the sound engineers are invariably even worse than the artists.

[and that's quite an achievement ]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 20, 2019 23:53

Spud
One thing that always strikes me from the few minutes of Eurovision that I can never seem to avoid seeing...

...is that the sound engineers are invariably even worse than the artists.

I think the directors of these events are even worse than the sound engineers : MTV-style/epileptic editing, wild camera movement that bring nothing, etc etc.

Date: May 21, 2019 02:41

Seems to be a sport here to diss everything with the ESC. Everything! Although I agree with much of the criticism I do not agree that everything with the ESC is bad.
For example the stage, light- and video-design is very elaborated. I would say much more so than The Rolling Stones dito.

On another note: Madonna has switched out the sound from her ESC performance on her Youtube channel. England came last in the competition and John Lundvik
(the Swedish participant) has taken some guilt for that. He says he failed in his effort to teach the English contestant (whoever it was) the basics of singing...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 21, 2019 02:49

The turnaround time between sets was astonishing, and I don't know how the Australian Kate Bush did her thing.

I read something about corruption by the Belarus jury, which surprisingly didn't give the maximum 12 points to Mother Russia.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home