Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: P.L, Europe Finals and Stanley Cup
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 14, 2019 14:04

Lotsa praise about manure couple of months back, just wanted to write and express my gratitude that City won it so LFC couldn't reach it this year as well. 29 years now, anniversary next year wheeha! Unfortunately Arsenal will lose to chelski in Baku, I reckon Klopp and Co will beat sc*m comfortably in Madrid. I Think Watford will provide a hard task for City come saturday, a draw and Watford to win it after penalties? Deeney will surely be up for it.

Lovely display by Blues (my team) last night (I honestly believe they lost the first game just to fool the Sharks. It's a great tactical trick IMHO.) Now I hope Blues go on and win it, we were so Close in 1996 when Gretzky teamed up with Hull, MacInnis and Shanahan and Co, if we had gotten through those first games then Blues would have won it then. Blues vs Bruins in the final with us being a bit of a jinx team for the irish... Come On Yer Blues!!!!

smileys with beer

Re: OT: P.L, Europe Finals and Stanley Cup
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 14, 2019 17:10

MadMax
Lotsa praise about manure couple of months back, just wanted to write and express my gratitude that City won it so LFC couldn't reach it this year as well. 29 years now, anniversary next year wheeha! Unfortunately Arsenal will lose to chelski in Baku, I reckon Klopp and Co will beat sc*m comfortably in Madrid. I Think Watford will provide a hard task for City come saturday, a draw and Watford to win it after penalties? Deeney will surely be up for it.

Lovely display by Blues (my team) last night (I honestly believe they lost the first game just to fool the Sharks. It's a great tactical trick IMHO.) Now I hope Blues go on and win it, we were so Close in 1996 when Gretzky teamed up with Hull, MacInnis and Shanahan and Co, if we had gotten through those first games then Blues would have won it then. Blues vs Bruins in the final with us being a bit of a jinx team for the irish... Come On Yer Blues!!!!

smileys with beer

In other words, you seem to think that this site for the Rolling Stones and their music is a suitable place for calling another football club "sc*m ".

Is that what there is to you in the spirituality you referred to in one of your other posts?

MadMax
Notre Dame means the world to me. There are things I have experienced there which have made me a better and a more humble man. Last time I was there was the 26th of october 2017.
She is the most precious building in the universe for me and I am so sad that I won't be able to show my unborn child how Beautiful she was inside and to try to pass on the wisdom and sprituality which forever were inside those amazing walls.

For me, 15th april 2019 the world changed forever.

……………………………….

LONG LIVE NOTRE DAME

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-14 17:12 by Witness.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 14, 2019 19:46

Well Witness I am awfully sorry if I offended you, in my humble opinion a bit of good old fashioned banter between 2 rivals in football (I don't mind if other supporters call my club whatever they want, part of the culture) and spirituality goes hand in hand. The North London rivalry may no be compared in any way to the amazing history of ND but I Think we can find spirituality in all things, for me being present at Highbury in the 90's gave me a similar feeling as taking in all the Beautiful feelings when in ND.

Anyway I hate man United even more than spurs ;-) (I love Cantona and Keane though, both real legends of whose stature we lack in todays football).

But of course there shall always be sportmanship and respect in all sports.

Cheers smileys with beer

Date: May 14, 2019 22:21

But why this bantering business on a site for the Rolling Stones? Quite often such bantering may turn quite stupid and sometimes even ugly if it is not moderated.

When I write about my Norwegian club and its team, which I am supporting, it is on a site for football, not here. By the way, I am not into this bantering, I am more interested in trying to analyze my team's
performances.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 17, 2019 08:05

MadMax

smileys with beer

I would love to see St Louis win the Cup - on top of beating Boston for it!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 17, 2019 08:07

Witness
But why this bantering business on a site for the Rolling Stones? Quite often such bantering may turn quite stupid and sometimes even ugly if it is not moderated.

When I write about my Norwegian club and its team, which I am supporting, it is on a site for football, not here. By the way, I am not into this bantering, I am more interested in trying to analyze my team's
performances.

The subject/thread title does say:

Date: May 17, 2019 09:24

GasLightStreet
Witness

performances.

The subject/thread title does say:

But then, what about the need for moderation when the bantering business hottens up and turns ugly?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home