Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Howard Stern on Mick Jagger
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 11, 2019 00:35

I've seen so many Keith and Mick interviews I feel like I can write them out before they happen. They're both pretty predictable. Mick is very diplomatic and pretends not to remember or care about much and Keith laughs a lot, does Max Miller jokes, and talks about "passin' it on, man" and "weaving." Keith USED to be an interesting interview. If Howard could get something different it'd be cool to hear.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 11, 2019 00:45

I love them interviews where Mick does lil yawns and those fake burps ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 03:31

U2Stonesfan
keefriff99
Mick is way too uptight and controlled to be interviewed by Howard. I think it's pretty sad that none of the Stones have sat for interviews with him.

If Paul can lower his guard and lighten up enough to be interviewed by Howard multiple times (very well interviewed, I might add), then so can the Stones.

Ronnie was on in 1992
[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]
Wow, Ronnie is a trip in this interview. Funny stuff!

Surprised how honest he is with his answers here...I can't tell if he's just playing along with Howard, or if he's so buzzed he has no mental filter, or maybe a bit of both.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 11, 2019 03:43

Stoneage
jlowe
Stoneage
The most easy going and less hung up Stones members to interview were actually Brian and Bill. For some reason...

Bill was always completely natural, no airs and graces.
In the early years, Brian seemed very helpful in interviews and forthcoming.Happy to talk about himself and his music and influences.

Yep, Jlowe. And Brian was the leader of the band (in the early days, 64-66 maybe) .

No he wasn't. That is a myth.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: May 11, 2019 03:46

duke richardson

he had Mick Taylor on there too but I dont remember when exactly..

I remember that one...Mick Taylor was talking from a phone booth and Stern dumped all over him, rubbing it in that he had left the Stones....making a joke that he should start up a band with Pete Best. I was disgusted and felt so bad for Mick.

Date: May 11, 2019 03:51

There is no way Jagger would be interviewed by Stern. Would you if you were Mick Jagger? I know I wouldn't. Would any of you be interviewed by him?

He asks all the questions that Jagger won't answer. I totally get how Jagger is during interviews. I don't understand people who are not like him. Why would you talk about your private life for everyone to hear. I can't understand the Beatles for example when it comes to interviews. They answer every single question they are asked. It's ridiculous and they were all like that. Nothing personal and private to them Ask them about the death of a family member and they will be happen to answer. Adk the other thing about the death of Lennon and they will be happy to answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 03:57 by stanlove.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 11, 2019 09:57

TornAndFried
Howard Stern has said his favorite Stones album is "Sticky Fingers" and his favorite song is "Moonlight Mile."
Me too, but I really don’t like Stern

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 11, 2019 13:31

keefriff99
Mick is way too uptight and controlled to be interviewed by Howard. I think it's pretty sad that none of the Stones have sat for interviews with him.

If Paul can lower his guard and lighten up enough to be interviewed by Howard multiple times (very well interviewed, I might add), then so can the Stones.

I am fairy sure a few Who members have been with Stern. Who had him moments before he got on satellite radio. Stearn was mostly boring and juvenile but he had his moments, and he was not politically correct by any means. What that BBC DJ got fired for the other day? Stern was 20x worse every day.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 11, 2019 13:44

Being a Stones and Howard big fan, it bothers me that the interview will never/ever happen. I had hope but the reality is that the stones organization isn't interested although Howard has made it clear that he wants them on his show.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: torontostoner ()
Date: May 11, 2019 14:57

I don't think Mick would sit for an interview with Howard Stern, and really, would we want that?
As much as we think we'd like a more open & unguarded Mick, I think he's smart to play it as he always has.

There's something to be said about "leaving them wanting more".

When there's nothing more to know, there's nothing more to want...

Date: May 11, 2019 15:14

Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer were supposed to be the good ones, wearing the white uniform. Howard Stern is the devil wearing the black hat. What happened?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2019 15:23

Hmm.. for me it doesn't sound too good either to have Mick talk with Stern. Way too late for that. He would grin and flash that California smile and say nothing. Keith could but it would be way too predictable. We all have heard those jokes and laughs too many times. Those two guys are interviewed to death.

But there is one guy in the band who might be something else. Charlie Watts. For the fun of it, Mick - with his English sense of humor - could 'order' Charlie to do it to promote something, and the whole point of it would be him not knowing anything about Stern or nature of the show. That would be a laugh to see what happens... Monty Python stuff...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 16:07 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 11, 2019 15:34

for @#$%& sake Jagger sat with Larry King....for a @#$%& hour!!!...an interview with Stern would be EPIC!...the key to a great Jagger interview is to keep it funny...Jagger loves to laugh and quip....he's so good at it.......with Stern this would really be epic.

Date: May 11, 2019 15:37

Doxa
Hmm.. for me it doesn't sound too good either to have Mick talk with Stein. Way too late for that. He would grin and flash that California smile and say nothing. Keith could but it would be way too predictable. We all have heard those jokes and laughs too many times. Those two guys are interviewed to death.

But there is one guy in the band who might be something else. Charlie Watts. For the fun of it, Mick - with his English sense of humor - could 'order' Charlie to do it to promote something, and the whole point of it would be him not knowing anything about Stern or nature of the show. That would be a laugh to see what happens... Monty Python stuff...grinning smiley

- Doxa
Dear Doxa like all of us Stern has changed, I believe he has evolved. I listen to him regularly and yes sometimes he is not great but other times he is. When he interviews an iconic musician he drops the silly schtick and usually go deeper because he is genuinely interested not just @#$%& around for higher ratings.He doesn't need to compete against other jocks anymore ,he won already.By the way Mick used to listen to Stern years ago when Mick was in L.A. and he enjoyed his radio show.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: May 11, 2019 16:05

triceratops
keefriff99

I am fairy sure a few Who members have been with Stern. Who had him moments before he got on satellite radio. Stearn was mostly boring and juvenile but he had his moments, and he was not politically correct by any means. What that BBC DJ got fired for the other day? Stern was 20x worse every day.
I know Pete stormed out of an interview with Howard, but this was back in his shock jock days.

Daltrey has been on the show several times and he gets on well with Howard. Robert Plant also had a great interview with him last year too.

Stern has changed so much from his '90s/early '00s shock jock era...he said recently he can't listen to his old interviews and that he was so obsessed with shocking everyone and winning the ratings battle that he did a lot of things he's embarrassed about now.

Date: May 11, 2019 17:25

Rip This
for @#$%& sake Jagger sat with Larry King....for a @#$%& hour!!!...an interview with Stern would be EPIC!...the key to a great Jagger interview is to keep it funny...Jagger loves to laugh and quip....he's so good at it.......with Stern this would really be epic.

Larry King is not Howard Stern. Not a good comparison at all.

Not sure why people on this thread don't get it. If Stern interviewed Jagger it would be about his private life, his sex life, and trying to get him to bash Keith Richards. That would be the hour. Jagger will talk about none of this so there is no way it would happen.

How many times do I have to explain something so obvious?

Date: May 11, 2019 17:27

rollmops
Doxa
Hmm.. for me it doesn't sound too good either to have Mick talk with Stein. Way too late for that. He would grin and flash that California smile and say nothing. Keith could but it would be way too predictable. We all have heard those jokes and laughs too many times. Those two guys are interviewed to death.

- Doxa
Dear Doxa like all of us Stern has changed, I believe he has evolved. I listen to him regularly and yes sometimes he is not great but other times he is. When he interviews an iconic musician he drops the silly schtick and usually go deeper because he is genuinely interested not just @#$%& around for higher ratings.He doesn't need to compete against other jocks anymore ,he won already.By the way Mick used to listen to Stern years ago when Mick was in L.A. and he enjoyed his radio show.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Stern went through a period where he was bashing Jagger. It was after an awards show they were on years ago where Stern showed up as Butt Man. He mentioned that Jagger did not like it and he said he didn't give a crap about Jagger or the Stones anyway. he also said he didn't care about one of their tours also.

He did lead Paul Mccartney into bashing the Stones. McCartney like a fool bit.

I am surprised he is now claiming to be a big fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-11 17:30 by stanlove.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: May 11, 2019 19:47

The Howard-haters here probably haven't tuned in to him in the last 10 years, and are (understandably) basing their opinions on his old shenanigans. He really has evolved into a masterful and very respectful interviewer. His format lends itself to a very deep insightful discussion.

But I agree that mick would never let his guard down for an interview like this. I think the closest we may ever get is the brilliant Rolling Stone piece in 95.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 12, 2019 00:21

stanlove
Rip This

Not sure why people on this thread don't get it. If Stern interviewed Jagger it would be about his private life, his sex life, and trying to get him to bash Keith Richards. That would be the hour. Jagger will talk about none of this so there is no way it would happen.

thanks for calling us stupid. I've listened to Stern for 30 years.
Howard Stern is one of the smartest guys in the business. There are many sides to Howard and its obvious you don't get it.
Larry King is an absolute JOKE Stan.... that's the difference. Go back and watch the interview.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 12, 2019 00:30

Is Howard Stern the King of all media?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 12, 2019 01:29

Kennedy
The Howard-haters here probably haven't tuned in to him in the last 10 years, and are (understandably) basing their opinions on his old shenanigans. He really has evolved into a masterful and very respectful interviewer. His format lends itself to a very deep insightful discussion.

But I agree that mick would never let his guard down for an interview like this. I think the closest we may ever get is the brilliant Rolling Stone piece in 95.

I think you may be right. I think that's the one where he opined that it couldn't be that hard to replace a bass player. History has shown that replacing THAT bass player was impossible. I don't think Mick respects anybody enough to give them a good interview. He views the press as something for him to manipulate for publicity. God knows how many layers you'd have to pass to get to the 'real' Mick Jagger. I think that core would be fascinating, however I'm not sure we'll ever see it.

Marianne Faithful said he's nothing like his public persona. He's just not innocent, like Paul and Ringo appear sometimes. It would be great publicity for Mick to do his first interview after his surgery with Howard. It would generate a lot of attention. But attention for what? The tickets are already sold for the American tour. I would love to hear an honest, maybe sarcastic, hopefully thoughtful Mick Jagger interview. But, genius that he is, I'm not sure he has the objectivity about himself required for deep reflection.

I stopped listening to Howard after some 25 years, because I was tired of all the references to the nobodies who work on his show. But I do appreciate his recent interviews.

Date: May 12, 2019 01:54

Rip This
stanlove
Rip This

Howard Stern is one of the smartest guys in the business. There are many sides to Howard and its obvious you don't get it.
Larry King is an absolute JOKE Stan.... that's the difference. Go back and watch the interview.
Stan is probably the most insufferable prick on this board (which is no small feat). I wouldn't waste your time.

Larry King isn't a joke, but he's not exactly up on pop culture. He's handed a bunch of questions and doesn't do much research, so he can't follow up knowledgeably.

Date: May 12, 2019 01:56

ryanpow
Is Howard Stern the King of all media?
Well...self-appointed in 1992. He doesn't really use that term much anymore.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 12, 2019 02:08

Howard peaked with Fartman though. Hard to repeat such a success.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 12, 2019 02:35

Stoneage

[www.youtube.com]
You've gotta watch the extended video with him upstaging Lars and Kirk from Metallica onstage...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 12, 2019 03:13

Rip This
stanlove
Rip This

My point is that Stern will ask a lot more personal questions. I have watched his interviews. He is great interviewer but Jagger would never give an interview like Stern conducts.

Again why is this hard for people to get? Jagger won't talk about his personal life. He is not going to talk about ex girlfriends or his sex life of his kids. Because of this there is no way he would be interviewed by Stern. That is actually really obvious. I think anyone who would let themselves be interviewed by Stern is a fool. Why would anyone talk about their private life in public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-12 03:16 by stanlove.

Date: May 12, 2019 03:15

Stoneage

[www.youtube.com]

That might be the awards show that Jagger was at. Stern bad mouthed him after that. Jagger made a comment or an eye roll or something because he thought Stern was lame.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 12, 2019 13:48

i think mick needs to agree to this and book it.
do it in a bum rush on his producers and not too much lead time.
just enough for a huge commercial promo buy...
then on that morning, out steps chuck from the limo with a note from mick's manager saying he had a doctors appointment but the show will go on....

no not sasha; no non oooo noo not a good idea....
if you did, then .... no no noooo, noooo young kid like that...whoa....no,,,,she'll need sick leave; they'll needdd a filter,, noo noookeep sasha away from those bast.....disc jokeys.....maybe lisa...
she could try to get an argument going between howard and robin...
stones history baby..

let's go mikie; back to work....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 12, 2019 18:48

stanlove
I think anyone who would let themselves be interviewed by Stern is a fool. Why would anyone talk about their private life in public.

I think it can be good when people go on Stern or on Podcasts and talk about things in their life because it helps people who are dealing with the same things in their life. I can't picture Mick doing this though. It's not a matter of right or wrong, just not his style.

Date: May 12, 2019 20:08

keefriff99
Rip This
stanlove
Rip This

Stan is probably the most insufferable prick on this board (which is no small feat). I wouldn't waste your time.

No exactly the vibe the board is looking for but whatever.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1370
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home