Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Howard Stern on Mick Jagger
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 9, 2019 22:09

From David Marchese's interview in The New York Times Magazine, published May 8:

Who’s your dream interview?

Mick Jagger. Oh, my God, I love the Stones. I sat in my room for years and listened to records because I didn’t have a lot of places to go. Musicians to me were like prophets. I learned more from musicians than I ever did from religious training. So to sit down with Mick Jagger and talk about his career — that might be incredible.

[www.nytimes.com]

Re: Howard Stern on Mick Jagger
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 9, 2019 22:43

If I know Howard, he wouldn't only be speaking with Mick about his career lol.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 9, 2019 22:44

bye bye johnny
From David Marchese's interview in The New York Times Magazine, published May 8:

Who’s your dream interview?

Mick Jagger. Oh, my God, I love the Stones. I sat in my room for years and listened to records because I didn’t have a lot of places to go. Musicians to me were like prophets. I learned more from musicians than I ever did from religious training. So to sit down with Mick Jagger and talk about his career — that might be incredible.

[www.nytimes.com]

Only problem with all Sterns excitement about talking to Mick about his career with the Stones, is that Mick is bored with it and usually uninterested in talking about it. Especially if he's not selling anything, to sell something Mick has to write something. Stones mini tours sell themselves so the prospect of interviews are a chore to Mick. Hence Stern will have a long wait for that one.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 9, 2019 22:47

Howard Stern has said his favorite Stones album is "Sticky Fingers" and his favorite song is "Moonlight Mile."

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 9, 2019 22:51

Yep, Knight Commander is a horrible interview object. He never gives you an inch. If you're not a good looking very young woman. I think the key is to get him relaxed.
Then he can lower his guard. Maybe. And Howard must drop his co-host who is only a nuisance. Howard is a much better comedian than interviewer though.

Posted by: DEmerson ()

Sticky Fingers and Moonlight Mile his favorites? He's got good taste there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-09 22:52 by DEmerson.

Posted by: Rockman ()

…… I like the boy ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 9, 2019 22:54

Mick is way too uptight and controlled to be interviewed by Howard. I think it's pretty sad that none of the Stones have sat for interviews with him.

If Paul can lower his guard and lighten up enough to be interviewed by Howard multiple times (very well interviewed, I might add), then so can the Stones.

Date: May 9, 2019 23:00

keefriff99
Mick is way too uptight and controlled to be interviewed by Howard. I think it's pretty sad that none of the Stones have sat for interviews with him.

If Paul can lower his guard and lighten up enough to be interviewed by Howard multiple times (very well interviewed, I might add), then so can the Stones.

Keith and Stern would be a dream interview imho.

Date: May 9, 2019 23:07

The most easy going and less hung up Stones members to interview were actually Brian and Bill. For some reason...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 9, 2019 23:12

Wonder what Howards fave Stones songs/albums are …..

Bet he loves Jig-Saw Puzzle toooooo….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 9, 2019 23:25

TornAndFried
Howard Stern has said his favorite Stones album is "Sticky Fingers" and his favorite song is "Moonlight Mile."

He and a million or 4 around the world. No disrespect, but I am sure it’s every interview person’s dream.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 10, 2019 01:07

Stoneage
The most easy going and less hung up Stones members to interview were actually Brian and Bill. For some reason...

Bill was always completely natural, no airs and graces.
In the early years, Brian seemed very helpful in interviews and forthcoming.Happy to talk about himself and his music and influences.

Date: May 10, 2019 01:20

jlowe
Stoneage

Bill was always completely natural, no airs and graces.
In the early years, Brian seemed very helpful in interviews and forthcoming.Happy to talk about himself and his music and influences.

Yep, Jlowe. And Brian was the leader of the band (in the early days, 64-66 maybe) so he viewed media as a task for him in his leading role. He was very forthcoming and polite actually. And more verbal than Jagger.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 10, 2019 06:53

Would be amazing. Not now as much as 10 years ago, but still now would be pretty amazing. He's had everyone on: McCartney, Daltrey, Donovan, Billy Joel, Neil friggin Young, Robert Plant. Jagger would be great to add to that list, regardless of quality.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 10, 2019 09:38

I hate Stern with a passion, so I hope this never happens.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 10, 2019 09:59

Is his hair real?

Date: May 10, 2019 12:06

Anyone giving Stern more than a cursory listen can tell that he is actually a puppy dog. "Moonlight Mile" makes a lot of sense.
But if anyone can draw out Jagger I do think Stern would be one of them. Because the one thing HS is good at, is to make his guests laugh. Jagger would be speaking to a East Coast audience; he would not want to come off as uncool.
I do agree with whoever said that about the co-hosts; I don't see Jagger having much time for that locker room stuff.

Date: May 10, 2019 12:20

Aquamarine
I hate Stern with a passion, so I hope this never happens.

Hate no, but he's a gob and i'd like to chin him at times.
He does offer an alternative type of interview though from the PC prime time BS, refreshing and controversial within reason.

Date: May 10, 2019 16:19

Palace Revolution 2000
Anyone giving Stern more than a cursory listen can tell that he is actually a puppy dog. "Moonlight Mile" makes a lot of sense.
But if anyone can draw out Jagger I do think Stern would be one of them. Because the one thing HS is good at, is to make his guests laugh. Jagger would be speaking to a East Coast audience; he would not want to come off as uncool.
I do agree with whoever said that about the co-hosts; I don't see Jagger having much time for that locker room stuff.
Stern was nationally syndicated from 1986-2005 on terrestrial, so saying he's got an east coast audience is a bit of a stretch.

I do think the bulk of his fans are primarily in the northeast just given where he came from, but he's nationwide, particularly since he's been on satellite.

Howard's staff would be kept far away from Mick during the interview. Even Robin doesn't interject as much now that his interviews have been more formalized.

sad smileyRe: Howard Stern on Mick Jagger
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 10, 2019 16:54

10-15 years ago would have been a good listen but now that he has been neutered by Beth =game over

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: May 10, 2019 17:03

He did a long riff when Life came out about how Keith was an ungrateful wench because Mick carried Keith for a decade or so.

Date: May 10, 2019 17:09

Shott
He did a long riff when Life came out about how Keith was an ungrateful wench because Mick carried Keith for a decade or so.
He's not wrong.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 10, 2019 18:10

keefriff99

Ronnie was on in 1992
[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Date: May 10, 2019 18:15

U2Stonesfan
keefriff99

Ronnie was on in 1992
[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]
Well damn, I did not know that. Thanks!

Date: May 10, 2019 18:24

When it comes to Jagger it's all too late. He has done thousands of interviews already. We can't get anything more out of him. And he would be reluctant to talk anyway. Let it slide.
I understand the celebrity hype though. Everyone wants to be near a celebrity. And Jagger is on the bucket list...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 10, 2019 19:15

keefriff99
U2Stonesfan
keefriff99

Ronnie was on in 1992
[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]
Well damn, I did not know that. Thanks!

he had Mick Taylor on there too but I dont remember when exactly..

Date: May 10, 2019 21:11

Howard is the best! He's a very good interviewer and extremely intelligent. He was source of info on the morning of 9/11. Comedy went out the air immediately and he was very informative and a calming presence.

Who can ever forget the OJ Ford Bronco chase if you were watching ABC? I remember watching this with my dad and it was intense. When Jennings took the call to one of Howard's caller - my dad and I looked at each other and just laughed - a moment I will never forget....Howard and his team put it in perspective - why did we car about the outcome????

Date: May 10, 2019 21:19

AlmostHearYouSigh
Howard is the best! He's a very good interviewer and extremely intelligent. He was source of info on the morning of 9/11. Comedy went out the air immediately and he was very informative and a calming presence.

Who can ever forget the OJ Ford Bronco chase if you were watching ABC? I remember watching this with my dad and it was intense. When Jennings took the call to one of Howard's caller - my dad and I looked at each other and just laughed - a moment I will never forget....Howard and his team put it in perspective - why did we car about the outcome????
"And a Baba Booey to y'all!"

That was classic! Even better was Al Michaels chiming in and telling Jennings, "Peter, just for the record, that was a total farcical call."

Here's Michaels discussing it on Stern...great segment:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2019 22:45

"Howard Stern on Mick Jagger?"

Rule #87 of Mick's personal behaviour : never be on a show that could host a hick (like Kid Rock).

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home