Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones song that has a sentimental value in your life?
Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: May 12, 2019 20:53

Wild horses was my wedding song and I have often played it for my wife (Keith open G style obviously).

Also side b of Tatoo You brings back memories of falling asleep to it every night pretty mich during high school.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 23, 2019 01:10

I didn’t think I had a sentimental bone in my body but listened to my special reserved ‘Time Waits For No-One’ Mick Taylor always takes me to the stratosphere with him however,
Now it will always be the song that came on at my finally 1st RS show
standing in line to buy my 1st shirt Zipcode SD 2015.
oh *sniff *sniff
Spectacularly mystically cool as well>grinning smiley<

Posted by: theo1954 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 02:32

Play with fire.
10 years old ,first time something happened down there!
Didn't know exactly what it was, but it felt GOOD!!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 23, 2019 10:07

If you really want to be my friend.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 23, 2019 10:47

Boognish
Perhaps your first kiss as a teenager was at a party with Brown Sugar on in the background?

Is it really a pleasure kissing to 'Brown sugar'? In such a situation, other Stones songs come to mind and would make far better memories. And 'Angie' is not the only one...

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 23, 2019 10:56

I used "She's A Rainbow" for my wedding, on the moment we walked the aisle (of the city hall, no churches were involved)

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: May 23, 2019 11:17

Bridges to Babylon was released in Germany on September 29th, 1997.

On Oct.2th my dad passed away,age 75.

The organ intro of SAINT OF ME will represent these days forever.

Priest

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 23, 2019 12:07

I'm not sure if this qualifies as sentiment but I still quite often get goose-pimples when I hear the opening notes of Gimme Shelter even after thousands of listens.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 23, 2019 12:18

Gimmie Shelter … OOww Yeah … still rivets up the
spine when those opening notes creep from the speakers ……..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 24, 2019 00:33

Wild Horses, from the moment I heard it, it resonated with me..I was 17 when Sticky Fingers was released and I played that track over & over. I especially loved seeing them listening to the playback in Gimme Shelter....I would love to have someone write such a powerful song about me....every woman's dream, but only if we love the man who wrote it.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 24, 2019 00:57

Till the next time

Date: May 24, 2019 01:01

but we haven't met yet …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 24, 2019 02:16

mickschix
Wild Horses, from the moment I heard it, it resonated with me..I was 17 when Sticky Fingers was released and I played that track over & over. I especially loved seeing them listening to the playback in Gimme Shelter....I would love to have someone write such a powerful song about me....every woman's dream, but only if we love the man who wrote it.

I always felt that when they write one of "those" songs, no one does it better. Loving Cup, Moonlight Mile, She's Like a Rainbow. Just wonderful.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: May 24, 2019 08:43

Staying up late to listen to the first European play of Tumbling Dice on Radio Luxembourg on a tiny little transistor radio. It sounded wonderful even on that medium.

My first thrill was “Not Fade Away” live on TV. Hooked, line, and sinker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-24 08:57 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 24, 2019 17:34

Sympathy for the Devil. I grew up in a house that did not have music. When I heard this at sports practice the age of 13, I brought music into my house and never went a day without since.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: May 24, 2019 20:26

Memory Motel. Here is why.

Here is the intro to my YT video from Boston:

"I have been to many Stones shows and had never seen this song played until this. It carries special meaning; it was the favorite Stones song of a close friend of mine who passed away in 2008.
I have his ticket stub from our first Stones show together back in 1981. I hope you like it."

Here is the video if you want to check it out:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-24 20:28 by steverogan.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 25, 2019 03:47

Steverogan, I was at that Boston show when they played " Memory MoteL" and it was brilliant! I had heard it a couple of times before, in Boston of course! It WAS special that night! It's a sad song anyway, but I can see that it must have been bittersweet that night for you.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: May 25, 2019 04:28

Hmmmmmm... an easier question/answer would be "Which Stones songs dont have some sentimental value to me?"

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: May 25, 2019 16:19

Jumping Jack Flash/Child of the Moon, Honky Tonk Women/YCAGWYW, Miss You/Far Away Eyes and Beast of Burden/ When the Whip Comes Down. Those were my 4 first vinyl singles bought all the same day in 1978. I was my kindergarten class’s DJ for our free time in class so I got to bring in whatever. I listened to all 8 of those songs and I found them so different and refreshing and started a journey that would end up having the entire canon of the Stones including 50+ bootlegs. At the time I was also buying Kiss/ Bee Gees, early 70s Elton and Rod, plus my parents were buying me Beatles but these 8 songs really were the backbeat of a new relationship with my future favorite rock band. If you were to take those 8 songs and put in a playlist by the Stones, you probably would see just how diverse this band really was. Might do that today! Of course, it was also the period before and after my favorite lineup was the band, but I quickly discovered that period after starting in 78.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-25 16:22 by bigmac7895.

Date: May 25, 2019 16:37

theo1954
Play with fire.
10 years old ,first time something happened down there!
Didn't know exactly what it was, but it felt GOOD!!

haha. love it!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 26, 2019 17:42

Wild Horses: my wife is taking daily chemotherapy pills and undergoing radiation five times a week following surgery last month to remove a brain tumor. While driving to radiation one day last week, we listened to the live tracks from Honk. That new version of Wild Horses had us both in tears as we pulled into the parking lot. I've loved that song since I first heard it 48 years ago, but never meant as much as it did there.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 26, 2019 17:51

ab
Wild Horses: my wife is taking daily chemotherapy pills and undergoing radiation five times a week following surgery last month to remove a brain tumor. While driving to radiation one day last week, we listened to the live tracks from Honk. That new version of Wild Horses had us both in tears as we pulled into the parking lot. I've loved that song since I first heard it 48 years ago, but never meant as much as it did there.

Bless you—————good thoughts——

Date: May 26, 2019 18:26

ab

Sending best wishes to you and your wife.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 26, 2019 18:44

ab

All my best wishes for your wife and you.
jeroen

Date: May 26, 2019 22:58

Thank you.

There we were, driving along, saying "the geezers still deliver." Then we got to Wild Horses, and there went the waterworks.

Mick used to say "Sad songs is all I know" when introducing it. I never fully appreciated how sad it is until that day. What a beautiful gut punch.

Date: May 26, 2019 23:10

Touching words ab …..
Here's hoping your wife recovers
and you can dance together to every Stones tune ……

Take Care

ROCKMAN

Date: May 27, 2019 08:22

Thank you. Hopefully she'll be recovered enough to dance at the upcoming Landover show! When she's healthy, she's a non-stop groove machine.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 27, 2019 17:49

Adding my hopes for her recovery by showtime, ab.
Sounds like, for both of you, your "love is strong," so great for you two.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: May 28, 2019 00:54

Honky Tonk Woman,1975,first show,first song.

Date: May 28, 2019 15:13

angee
Adding my hopes for her recovery by showtime, ab.
Sounds like, for both of you, your "love is strong," so great for you two.

Same here ab. Stay strong, both of you. Hoping for her recovery.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home