Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Madonna theatre tour sells out in1 hr
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 7, 2019 04:58

She sold out LA and NYC multiple night theatre shows in 1 hr. Stones would too.
[pagesix.com]

Re: OT: Madonna theatre tour sells out in1 hr
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 7, 2019 05:08

Rip This
[pagesix.com]

To the rich folk. Pricey. Glad my tastes are not thi$

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 7, 2019 05:57

Not a fan and have no desire to attend, but there are some reasonable prices (in loge and mezzanine) for a theater show from a star of this magnitude.
Four more shows added to the Wiltern for a total of nine now.

Full VIP Details
Best Available (Any Section & Price)
Medellin VIP
$1,995.00
Crave VIP
$1,350.00
Come Alive VIP
$995.00
Dark Ballet VIP
$750.00
Seating Area 1
$760.50
Seating Area 2
$510.50
Seating Area 3
$360.50
Seating Area 4
$260.50

Seating Area 5
$135.50
Seating Area 6
$98.50
Seating Area 7
$53.50

The Stones could easily sell out more than nine shows, but the prices would probably be higher than those listed for Madonna.
The multiple VIP's for the US NoFilter tour come close, and those are in massive stadiums - imagine what they'd ask for at a small theater show these days.
In contrast, theater/club tix for the Licks tour were around $75 - $125, and all were GA. (*except the overpriced Vegas Joint show which was reserved).

Date: May 7, 2019 06:19

“I’m going on a special tour,” Madonna explains. “Are you doing stadiums?” Diplo asks. “Arenas? Coliseums?” The Material Girl says instead, “I’m going on a theater tour … I want to have an intimate experience with my fans.” She figures, “After I do this for a while people will start hiring me to do parties, bar mitzvahs, weddings.”

The tour sold out five dates at BAM and five at The Wiltern. It will move to Lisbon, London and Paris next year.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 7, 2019 06:20

I've only had one taker in the hops meet and greet thing.
over several weeks. it was a subpoena. super.

which ones's Donna? why she mad?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-07 06:22 by hopkins.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 7, 2019 13:47

I want to go

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 7, 2019 16:44

I dig her new single.

Date: May 7, 2019 17:08

An all LIVE show?
No lip synch please.
Hard to measure everyone up to Jagger, sorry Madge.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 7, 2019 22:22

35love
Rip This
[pagesix.com]

To the rich folk. Pricey. Glad my tastes are not thi$

Yeah, glad The Stones’ concerts are for everybody.

Date: May 8, 2019 04:13

Should be a great show regardless of what one can afford. Many options. And especially the opportunity to see her in a smaller venue. Good call

Date: May 8, 2019 04:25

Oh dear, sorry, not what I meant.

I meant: Glad I don’t have the pricey joy of seeing live shows/ theatre I literally just do the Stones
my entertainment budget is low but no Saint here of holy frugality.

Did not mean to get y’all riled up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-08 04:26 by 35love.

Date: May 8, 2019 04:29

Oh yeah, and I did throw shade about the lip syncing, true.
Lip syncing drinking.
drinking smiley
Sorry not sorry.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 8, 2019 13:03

I just wonder what's included in the Medellin VIP ticket....?smileys with beer

Date: June 7, 2019 06:57

NYT.
(Yikes, and excellent writing, IMO)
[www.nytimes.com]

Date: June 7, 2019 07:09

35love
NYT.
(Yikes, and excellent writing, IMO)
[www.nytimes.com]

1 more thing: it seems very vain to take pictures of yourself while lovingly holding another picture of yourself...3x.
And it’s long. Super long. I’ve never seen a larger paged article at the NYT.
I can’t finish it.
IDK.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 7, 2019 10:38

She is not my cuppa tea

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2019 10:41

"Her career had not only been about ambition"... grinning smiley that one is a gem!
It's funny (and a bit pathetic) to see how Madonna doesn't want to face reality about her life and her career : she's a has-been, her career is dead since the late 80's but no she wants to believe (and make us believe) she's relevant.

So she re-invents herself as a contemporaray artist cum singer and she holds an intellectual pose.
I find all this quite funny actually.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 7, 2019 10:49

dcba
"Her career had not only been about ambition"... grinning smiley that one is a gem!
It's funny (and a bit pathetic) to see how Madonna doesn't want to face reality about her life and her career : she's a has-been, her career is dead since the late 80's but no she wants to believe (and make us believe) she's relevant.

So she re-invents herself as a contemporaray artist cum singer and she holds an intellectual pose.

You could make the same observation about most Acts from the 60s and 70s.
If she's a 'has been'....how come she is still a sell out attraction?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2019 11:09

jlowe
how come she is still a sell out attraction?

Bad taste I guess?

Just kidding... Imo her hardcore following, plus the gay element in her following plus some very young people who buy tix to have a taste of what the "glorious" (ahem) 80's were like, all bought tickets.
I don't find completely surprising that she can still sell out theaters. But plz keep in mind in the meantime Rihanna sells out stadiums.

And caveat emptor : the last time I heard her play in a theater (the Paris Olympia) she charged lots of money (250€ or so) she played 48 minutes and left the stage without an encore...and she got well-deserved boos.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 7, 2019 13:20

I seen her in Yankee Stadium in 2012 and the Stadium was sold out !

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: June 7, 2019 17:39

dcba
Her albums from the 90s and 2000s have each sold in the millions. More recently her albums have ranked #1 on the charts. That doesn't sound like a has-been whose career has been dead since the 80s.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 7, 2019 22:14

dcba

I don't doubt for a moment that she lives in a bubble, has too many sycophants around her and carries a number of delusions about being a "revolutionary freedom fighter", (her words), but she is not a has been and can face up to the reality of where her career is today if she's not attempting to play stadiums or even arenas now. However to sell out 15 nights at the London Palladium, (capacity 2,300), at very high prices is still good going. If she had traded on her back catalogue the way that the Stones do maybe she could still fill stadiums but she has systematically destroyed her casual audience by refusing to do greatest hits tours and always playing a set list heavy on the last album. And there have been four albums since the Stones last put out new material. The latest album is by far the most experimental and different since Ray Of Light over 20 years ago.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2019 22:18

She reminds me of Prince in certain ways - both 'larger than life' icons (or maybe relics), though she seems to have avoided the bad habits that resulted in Prince's untimely death.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 7, 2019 23:41

Good for her thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 8, 2019 00:08

aren't the tickets like eleventy dollars? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 8, 2019 00:20

Great for Madonna and her fans to have theatre shows.

It was great when The Rolling Stones did them back on the 40 Licks Tour although I never managed to get a ticket for The Astoria gig.

Many years later ,although not a huge fan of Kylie Minogue, applied for BBC Radio tix for a free live lunchtime gig at their Maida Vale studios.
I got lucky with a pair of tix and only 70 applicants out of 18,000 got them.
Lots of youtube stuff on there ……………………….but I have to say it was a close up show with a great performer with her Band.
Was just a few metres from Kylie performing and will always remember it.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 8, 2019 08:27

With Michael Jackson and Prince gone all we have to do is hope Madonna croaks and we’ll have the trifecta.
The plague that was put upon popular music in the 80s will be done away with once and for all.
What a shit show,the lip syncing,the drum machines,the synthesizers and all that soul sucking dance pop garbage.
The little broadway choreographed numbers with those 1950s telephone operator headsets to make it look like they were actually singing (they weren’t)should be done away with forever.
The fact that people like it is fine,there’s always been crap music but when Rock fans start talking about it like it’s something legit it makes me want to vomit.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 8, 2019 08:33

^ Thing is that's only part of the story. Were you to look at the Drowned World tour you'd see a show where Madonna sang every single note live and there were some very creative things going on. I accept that it was a peak and no tour since has been anywhere near it, especially regarding the lip synching which was almost total on the last tour. I hope she doesn't try and get away with that for theatre shows.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 8, 2019 13:47

Hairball
She reminds me of Prince in certain ways - both 'larger than life' icons (or maybe relics), though she seems to have avoided the bad habits that resulted in Prince's untimely death.

She seems a more balanced person altogether.Prince took himself too seriously and wouldn't listen to advice.

Professionally and (mostly) in her personal life, she had hardly put a foot wrong. She may have 'peaked'in the commercial sense, but unlike many of her peers she is far from a Greatest Hits Act.

Date: June 8, 2019 19:18

The Times article was a hack job. She was brutalized...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home