Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
not really OT: fat around the belly
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 5, 2019 19:17

This has been debatted before, I know. Maybe some new light can be "shed"?. However, neither Mick, Ronnie or Charlie have any visible fat around their belly, as people their age usually get. How come? Is it because they are rockers, whatever that implies? Btw, you also see that drug addicts are very slim.

Re: not really OT: fat around the belly
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 5, 2019 19:31

It's simple: Keep busy and don't overeat. But when you get older there are other factors involved. Such as losing to much weight which is even more dangerous.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 5, 2019 19:48

Don’t eat too much Shepherd’s Pie.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 5, 2019 19:59

Not all addicts are/were slim!
Check out photos of one of Charlie's jazz heroes...the one and only Charlie Parker.
Perhaps he ate the wrong food in addition to doing copious amounts of drugs.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 5, 2019 20:10

It's really not simple. There are a lot of 60- and 70-year olds who work out and eat right, and still develop a mid-section paunch, even if it's a tiny one.

Belly fat accumulates in males as testosterone production decreases. Even Gary Player, the golfer, who's in his 80s and is in incredible physical shape, has a little paunch.

We all know what Mick does to stay in shape, but how Ronnie and Charlie stay so slim, I don't know.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 5, 2019 20:17

anyhow – it's an interessing exception of the general rule "stay in this band or get fat" (just think of Mick Taylor etc)

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 5, 2019 20:45

keefriff99
It's really not simple. There are a lot of 60- and 70-year olds who work out and eat right, and still develop a mid-section paunch, even if it's a tiny one.

Belly fat accumulates in males as testosterone production decreases. Even Gary Player, the golfer, who's in his 80s and is in incredible physical shape, has a little paunch.

We all know what Mick does to stay in shape, but how Ronnie and Charlie stay so slim, I don't know.

Everyone ( minis healthy issues ) is capable of not getting paunchy in the belly. When your testosterone production decreases than eat less and exercise. Obviously the three Stones made a decision to stay thin. I respect that. i have little tolerance for people who can't control their weight. If it was my band I would tell the bass player to straighten up or he is out.

Date: May 5, 2019 21:00

stanlove
keefriff99

Everyone ( minis healthy issues ) is capable of not getting paunchy in the belly. When your testosterone production decreases than eat less and exercise. Obviously the three Stones made a decision to stay thin. I respect that. i have little tolerance for people who can't control their weight. If it was my band I would tell the bass player to straighten up or he is out.
You must be very succesfull in life and have lots of friends

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2019 21:25

noughties
neither Mick, Ronnie or Charlie have any visible fat around their belly, as people their age usually get. How come?

They don't eat sugar. Belly fat is most often caused by sugar : ice creams, soda, corn syrup hidden in most junk food, etc etc...
Fat is NOT your enemy, sugar is. Human metabolism has been dealing with animal or vegetal fats for 10000 years. It has not been programmed with the onslaught of sugars "modern" (read degenerate) food that's been available since the 70's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-05 21:28 by dcba.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 5, 2019 21:32

dcba
noughties
neither Mick, Ronnie or Charlie have any visible fat around their belly, as people their age usually get. How come?

They don't eat sugar. Belly fat is most often caused by sugar : ice creams, soda, corn syrup hidden in most junk food, etc etc...
Fat is NOT your enemy, sugar is. Human metabolism has been dealing with animal or vegetal fats for 10000 years. It has not been programmed with the onslaught of sugars "modern" (read degenerate) food that's been available since the 70's.
Very true. The bogus "low fat" craze (replaced with carbs and sugar) is one of the worst things that ever happened to Western diets.

It doesn't help that the word "fat" is so loaded that seeing it on labels automatically makes people it's bad for you, when protein and healthy fats should be a key foundation of your diet.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 5, 2019 21:41

I always remember reading an article once that mentioned that Keith Richards would hang out with John Belushi and they would sometimes do over to Mick Jagger's apartment. Jagger always kept very little food around ( wanted to stay thin ) and Belushi would ride him about it all the time and he even started bringing alot of food over with him to load up Jagger's fridge. The attitude of a guy who had pride and wanted to stay thin vs an attitude of a fat slob who thought there was something wrong with being thin. Way too many in the second category.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-05 21:45 by stanlove.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2019 21:59

Th Stones are post-war children. After WWII there was not that much food in the UK (or in continental Europe) and I'm sure there were very very little sweet foods available. A candy would be sth you get occasionnally as a reward.

I'm sure the Stones have more or less consciously kept that "war diet".
I mean can you imagine dapper Charlie chewing on a big burger while slurping a bucket of soda? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: May 5, 2019 23:01

Its just attitude "LIVE LIVE LIVE". Keep on moving.. Emotionally and fysical way. Mick is jogginrunningjackswimmingflash, ok, but i think Ronnie is just thin rock'n roll star Who Keep doing same thing (without booze&cigarettes) he has done for 45 years.maybe 24/7 hurrying up, ADHD, no time To sit down and eat.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 5, 2019 23:16

Don't drink too much beer

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 5, 2019 23:34

dcba
Th Stones are post-war children. After WWII there was not that much food in the UK (or in continental Europe) and I'm sure there were very very little sweet foods available. A candy would be sth you get occasionnally as a reward.

I'm sure the Stones have more or less consciously kept that "war diet".
I mean can you imagine dapper Charlie chewing on a big burger while slurping a bucket of soda? >grinning smiley<

You mean he's never eaten at Bill's Sticky Fingers place in Kensington ?!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 5, 2019 23:51

They have good jeans.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2019 00:27

Levi …. Armani...… ??????

ROCKMAN

Date: May 6, 2019 00:32

Jeans and Armani - isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2019 00:40

….. Armani jeans …
no no I've seen a pair of 'em on a car salesman getting out of a white Range Rover …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 6, 2019 01:09

cool sculpting, which also keeps them cool.

Date: May 6, 2019 02:11

I buy my jeans at supermarkets these days. Don't give a @#$%& about brands any more. And it feels good!

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 6, 2019 02:27

Everybody’s metabolism slows down as we get older. Slower and heavier we get

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 6, 2019 03:32

Rockman
Levi …. Armani...… ??????

Guess...

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 6, 2019 04:30

Natlanta

So you think they`re born cool?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 6, 2019 05:56

noughties
Natlanta

So you think they`re born cool?

so you think that i think?

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 6, 2019 07:37

Really exploring new lows in conversation... Hopefully the tour starts as soon as possible!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 6, 2019 09:08

I've gone from 110kgs down to 73kgs (17.5 stone down to 11.4). I work out, I run half marathons (want to do the full 26 miles next year), 10km races, and park runs. The thing is: once you get into it, you want to keep doing it, and keep trim. I still have a little bit of a pot belly, but that could be down to being 48 years' old.

I also think running is seriously good for your mental health - check out Bella McKie's blogs on running, and her book Jog On.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 6, 2019 09:40

Both Mick and Ronnie have young children. This helps to keep slim winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-06 11:55 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 6, 2019 09:55

What's even more surprising is that they don't wear glasses. If I wear contacts I can't read sh*t. So I resorted to multifocal glasses.
But they don't seem to have any of that sort of problems. And they are still 25 years older than me..

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 6, 2019 12:12

Whale
What's even more surprising is that they don't wear glasses. If I wear contacts I can't read sh*t. So I resorted to multifocal glasses.
But they don't seem to have any of that sort of problems. And they are still 25 years older than me..

eye surgery? Anyhow: how really wants to see the audience? (I wouldn't even be able to see the drums from front rows without my glasses)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home