Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Worst Post Tattoo You Song
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:37

Hairball
Witness
keefriff99
mnewman505
I just came here to laugh at the people who want the thread taken down LOL
The notion that the Stones wrote bad songs throughout their history is evidently highly traumatic information to some people here.

Well, in that vein, only my own choices would count. I don't want to get mixed up with nominated songs that I myself like or even love.

Yes it's all personal opinion, but the notion this thread should be shut down because of "haters" is laughable.
You'd think this was the Mickey Mouse Club, and someone had the nerve to criticize Mickey himself! God forbid...

OK! But I myself did not say anything about shutting of the thread.

An objection to the thread though is why exclude TATTOO YOU itself from such nominations. That album contains one of the two Stones songs all time that I like the least.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:39

HMS
Stealing My Heart is nothing outstanding, but I don´t think it´s a bad one. Not a great one but enjoyable, not more not less.
Winning Ugly is great.

+1

Really bad: SWEET NEO CON

I could have lived without the whole ABB but really ugly for me it´s only this track.
Some of the mentioned tracks are outstanding, for example SEX DRIVE. Love that track!!

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:44

Sweet Neocon, Back to Zero, Hold Back. Too bad Let's Work is not eligible.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:49

OK - Hear me out!! Fool to Cry is awful. But if Frank Sinatra sang same it would be awesome.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 3, 2019 23:48

mnewman505

Cheers! Agree

edited, trying to be a good girl! lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-03 23:55 by CindyC.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: May 4, 2019 00:29

c'mon, worst 80's, 90's, and 00's stones, seriously? this is like shootin fish in a barrel, like takin candy from a baybee

we could really separate the men & women from the boys & girls with a WORST 68-72 SONG thread

my nominee: "i got the blues"

runner-up: "jigsaw puzzle" -- which just drones and on and on and not in a good sunn o))) kind of way

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 4, 2019 00:39

Heck ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 4, 2019 00:57

I like Sweet Neo Con alot.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 4, 2019 01:03

my go-to puppy-adopting song is Louie Louie anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-04 05:06 by Natlanta.

Date: May 4, 2019 01:03

LazarusSmith
runner-up: "jigsaw puzzle" -- which just drones and on and on and not in a good sunn o))) kind of way

How dare you! That's my second favorite song ever! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: May 4, 2019 01:07

CindyC
LazarusSmith

How dare you! That's my second favorite song ever! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

what's your favorite song ever?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2019 01:10

Witness
Hairball
Witness
keefriff99
mnewman505
The notion that the Stones wrote bad songs throughout their history is evidently highly traumatic information to some people here.

Well, in that vein, only my own choices would count. I don't want to get mixed up with nominated songs that I myself like or even love.

Yes it's all personal opinion, but the notion this thread should be shut down because of "haters" is laughable.
You'd think this was the Mickey Mouse Club, and someone had the nerve to criticize Mickey himself! God forbid...

An objection to the thread though is why exclude TATTOO YOU itself from such nominations. That album contains one of the two Stones songs all time that I like the least.

Yes Witness I know it wasn't you who called for the thread to be closed.
As for one of your all time least favorites tunes coming from Tattoo You?!!!! eye popping smileyconfused smiley....winking smiley...lol...

Dare I ask, what tune is it?

I might guess Start Me Up which I quickly grew sick of within weeks of it's release, but I wouldn't/couldn't rank it anywhere near their all time worst.
OK, time for you to confess....which tune is it?!

Date: May 4, 2019 01:29

On demand, matched only by "Melody", it is "Tops", that is my least liked Stones song.

Date: May 4, 2019 01:41

Thanks Witness...Tops is a bit surprising, though admit not one of their best. And I can see how Melody might lurk at the bottom of the heap, though I do like the snazzy little guitar licks and most all of the instrumentation.
That said, neither are anywhere near my least favorites, but that just goes to show that one mans junk is another mas treasure or vice versa.

After Streets of Love, hard to pick one that's as bad, but Infamy from Keith is a sad excuse of a tune, and possibly the worst he's ever recorded with or without the Stones.

Date: May 4, 2019 02:02

However, Hairball, where the studio versjon of "Streets of Love" has some weaknesses, the live version from Rome, that someone posted, I enjoyed. Showing that a rerecording that Mick wanted of the album, but not Keith and Don Was, might have improved not only that song, but A BIGGER BANG as a whole.

Date: May 4, 2019 02:06

CindyC
LazarusSmith

Gimme Shelter, like most other people on here.

Date: May 4, 2019 03:03

Witness
However, Hairball, where the studio versjon of "Streets of Love" has some weaknesses, the live version from Rome, that someone posted, I enjoyed. Showing that a rerecording that Mick wanted of the album, but not Keith and Don Was, might have improved not only that song, but A BIGGER BANG as a whole.

Perhaps so Witness, and I recall seeing Streets of Love live a few times. In fact I actually almost got a bit teary eyed whenever they played it.
But they weren't tears of joy or sentimentality...they were tears of misery and sheer torture ha.
Whatever the case, the Italians liked it and it was a #1 in Spain! ( eye popping smiley ), so who am I to judge.

Date: May 4, 2019 04:05

Sreets of Love.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 4, 2019 06:40

It is the era of booooooing ……

ROCKMAN

Date: May 4, 2019 10:38

Hairball
Witness

Perhaps so Witness, and I recall seeing Streets of Love live a few times. In fact I actually almost got a bit teary eyed whenever they played it.
But they weren't tears of joy or sentimentality...they were tears of misery and sheer torture ha.
Whatever the case, the Italians liked it and it was a #1 in Spain! ( eye popping smiley ), so who am I to judge.

Now morning around here, although not early morning.

Then I understand, Hairball, that "Streets of Love" for you could not in any way have been remedied. There our points of view, in fact, divide. With the weaknesses about its studio version granted, still to some moderate extent, may I dare say to you, I somehow like it within the context of its album. I have to repeat and to emphasize, to some moderate extent.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 4, 2019 18:50

Witness
Hairball
Witness
keefriff99
mnewman505

2 reasons, most likely:

1, it's their last GREAT album
2, there's not a bad song on it

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 4, 2019 19:00

GasLightStreet
Witness
Hairball
Witness
keefriff99
mnewman505

2 reasons, most likely:

1, it's their last GREAT album
2, there's not a bad song on it
Exactly.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 4, 2019 19:07

Undercover and Emotional Rescue are good records. I enjoy listening to them along with Dirty Work( the guitar sound gets me through the album), Some Girls bonus tracks and exile bonus tracks are well worth the time to listen.

I enjoy those records better then Steel Wheels, VL, and ABB - those records have to many tracks.

Date: May 4, 2019 19:08

e: Worst Post Tattoo You Song
Date: May 4, 2019 19:07

Undercover and Emotional Rescue are good records. I enjoy listening to them along with Dirty Work( the guitar sound gets me through the album), Some Girls bonus tracks and exile bonus tracks are well worth the time to listen.

I enjoy those records better then Steel Wheels, VL, and ABB - those records have to many tracks I SKIP meant to say

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 4, 2019 19:42

Seems like opinions differ, but SOL and SN come up a lot.

I guess the question is, what are the post-TY songs that NOBODY included on their personal list?

Drew

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: May 4, 2019 20:01

Im not sure is "sweet neo con" worst, but i hate it More than any othet post Tattoo You song.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 5, 2019 00:59

Anybody Seen My Baby is easily my least favorite Stones song of all time.

It is strange to me to see Saint Of Me and Out Of Control on many people's lists. I think those songs are awesome.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 5, 2019 01:14

Look What The Cart Dragged In or Streets of Love. Awful.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 5, 2019 18:34

Hold Back- Completely tuneless imo

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home