Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick in Paris
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: April 27, 2019 19:11

Re: Mick in Paris
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2019 19:34

Loose translation via google:

Mick Jagger, recovered from heart surgery

Arriving at the Paris airport with his wife and son after undergoing heart surgery

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: April 27, 2019 20:25

Maybe he’s going to La Fourchette to rest. All the best, Mick!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 27, 2019 20:37

'Wife and son'....??

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 27, 2019 23:24

Several points come to mind with this news:

- Mick is well enough recovered to leave his doctors in NYC and travel to France
- He is also arriving with his Norwegian physio/trainer, so presumably that "getting fit again" work has started already
- He looks a bit frazzled but not as much as his PA, who is opening the car door - thats the benefit of a 6 hour overnight flight

I'm guessing:

- Mick is recovering well, which is great news
- he is going to one of his private, secluded, houses where he can complete his recovery and get 'tour fit' away from the cameras
- the management should now have a date for re-starting the Tour - we should all hear in the next weeks - counting back through rehearsals it may just re-start in Canada before the end of June

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 27, 2019 23:30

There is always a concern about number of days you stay in countries due to tax reasons. Can't stay in USA for months I suppose. That is good news because it will allow for 2-3 months in USA later on.

Mick will be able to rest and have great days in France. Then we hope for him to get well soon. I don't need shows. All I hope for is Mick to get well. The rest is a bonus. I mean more shows, tours and all of that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 27, 2019 23:32

I was wondering about the travel restriction placed on someone recovering from this procedure, also... Anyone here on IORR with experience on this detail?

It is good to see that Mick is well enough to travel, and always good for a sighting of the man on the move.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 27, 2019 23:34

bv
There is always a concern about number of days you stay in countries due to tax reasons. Can't stay in USA for months I suppose. That is good news because it will allow for 2-3 months in USA later on.

Mick will be able to rest and have great days in France. Then we hope for him to get well soon. I don't need shows. All I hope for is Mick to get well. The rest is a bonus. I mean more shows, tours and all of that.

Mick must have different tax arrangements to Keith then.
The Richards seem to spend most of the year in the US, other than brief trips to Caicos and of course Redlands.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 28, 2019 00:52

here's a question. would studio work be good rehab work? he's going to be working out. would singing and playing guitar be a good addition, too.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 28, 2019 01:12

hace 1 día=1 day ago

"Vive la France!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 28, 2019 01:12

Stay Safe Mick … lurv ya man ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 28, 2019 12:45

Take it easy Mick.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 28, 2019 12:59

If he is well enough to leave the monitoring eyes of the experts who did his surgery not only states away but in another country Mick Jagger is all but recovered.

His docs surely know and gave the go ahead for him to travel ... and to another country no less. Leaving the country and traveling far away from the doctors who did the surgery means Mick is basically mended and 'in the clear' for the most part.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 28, 2019 13:44

bv

Fully agree with you! We already had soooo many bonusses, so let Mick get well first. Any time it may take. Time is still on our side.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 28, 2019 14:27

IanBillen
His docs surely know and gave the go ahead for him to travel ... and to another country no less. Leaving the country and traveling far away from the doctors who did the surgery means Mick is basically mended and 'in the clear' for the most part.

From what I read, the surgery was conducted by a french surgeon who is an expert in the technique where the stent is driven through femoral arteries up to the heart. Local newspapers here reported him being flown to NYC in emergency.

EDIT - Re-read the article and it states "La rumeur a rapidement enflé vendredi 5 avril, à Rouen. Le Pr Alain Cribier, inventeur d’une valve aortique révolutionnaire, serait parti en urgence à New York opérer le chanteur Mick Jagger." - so it was only a rumour.

[www.paris-normandie.fr]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-28 15:31 by gwen.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 28, 2019 14:45

gwen
IanBillen

From what I read, the surgery was conducted by a french surgeon who is an expert in the technique where the stent is driven through femoral arteries up to the heart. Local newspapers here reported him being flown to NYC in emergency.

Any sources on what you read?
Haven't heard that, by all accounts I've read, the procedure was done, as planned, in NYC, no emergency. Perhaps I'll jump over to the "rename the tour" thread and suggest
the "No Emergency" tour cool smiley

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 28, 2019 15:34

MisterDDDD
Any sources on what you read?
Haven't heard that, by all accounts I've read, the procedure was done, as planned, in NYC, no emergency.

[www.paris-normandie.fr]#

Sorry, it was a rumour here as the Pr is the inventor of the technique and foldable valve.

Emergency did not refer to Mick Jagger but rather to Pr Cribier's busy schedule.

Date: April 28, 2019 15:42

thumbs up
My misunderstanding. Thanks

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2019 15:46

jlowe
bv

The Richards seem to spend most of the year in the US, other than brief trips to Caicos and of course Redlands.

Keith holds permanent residency in the U.S. - in fact, he may now hold U.S. citizenship. Perhaps this alters his tax arrangements.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 28, 2019 15:57

Glad to see Mick up and around- it will take time

Speaking of taxes - the most evil tax is property tax. I'd rather just pay income tax and not worry about property taxes when I retire. We don't have a state income tax in Florida. Toll roads eat at us too.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2019 16:20

There are some people though, like I, who thinks it's only fair to pay taxes and that tax evasion plans are wrong. But I realize I'm one of few left who actually believes
in the welfare society and virtues like solidarity and community. But I guess my ideas are as out of fashion as the concept of fidelity. This brave new world...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 28, 2019 16:39

Stoneage
There are some people though, like I, who thinks it's only fair to pay taxes and that tax evasion plans are wrong. But I realize I'm one of few left who actually believes
in the welfare society and virtues like solidarity and community. But I guess my ideas are as out of fashion as the concept of fidelity. This brave new world...
I am on the same level as you regarding welfare system. (Nordics)
But we are not supposed to talk politics here.

Date: April 28, 2019 21:29

Love how Mick still wishes L'Wren a Happy Birthday on social media.
Definitely missed. RIP

MickJagger
10m10 minutes ago

Happy birthday L’Wren.

Date: April 28, 2019 21:38

Mick being ok'd to leave the country is a sure sign he's coming out of the forest
... or at the end of it.

After a heart surgery .. or any sort of surgery of this type doctors would strongly advise against a patient leaving the area .. (in this case the country) without him being basically clear. They would want him near in case complications
could arise and for monitoring. The exact docs and surgeons would be the ones
who would be doing all that.

By Mick leaving the area (in this case country all together) .. long Plane trip
with no access to emergency medical on the plane .. the docs feel he's out
of the woods .. or he went against docs orders (which I seriously doubt).

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 28, 2019 21:40

And he got married!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 28, 2019 22:37

IanBillen
Mick being ok'd to leave the country is a sure sign he's coming out of the forest
... or at the end of it.

After a heart surgery .. or any sort of surgery of this type doctors would strongly advise against a patient leaving the area .. (in this case the country) without him being basically clear. They would want him near in case complications

I agree Ian. thumbs up

Date: April 29, 2019 05:43

Hairball
IanBillen
... or at the end of it.

I agree Ian. thumbs up

Yezzer.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 29, 2019 11:57

bv
Then we hope for him to get well soon. I don't need shows. All I hope for is Mick to get well. The rest is a bonus. I mean more shows, tours and all of that.

thumbs up

+1

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 29, 2019 13:48

Good for you Mick , keep up the good work with your recovery and stay healthy !

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 29, 2019 18:42

Big Al
jlowe
bv

Keith holds permanent residency in the U.S. - in fact, he may now hold U.S. citizenship. Perhaps this alters his tax arrangements.

Tax in the US is a lot less onerous than tax in France or UK despite what our American cousins may say.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2340
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home