Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: Queen talks
Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: July 7, 2020 16:52

tommycharles
This record was arguably their peak as a live band, and the Game songs fit in very well on tour, but as a record itself, it doesn't offer much beyond the tracks you'd find on a greatest hits collection.

I saw them on the (much maligned) Hot Space album tour in Leeds in 1982. They were outstanding and to this day my 3 favourite Queen tracks are Somebody to Love, Save Me and Fat Bottomed Girls on the strength of their performance at this show. Saw them again in 1984 and 1986 but 1982 was the best of the three.

Re: OT: Queen talks
Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 8, 2020 18:43

I saw them only at the Rainbow in 1974, (front row), and that is how I want to remember Queen. Before they were a stadium act, which was still a great spectacle but lost something in the process.

OT: Queen + Adam Lambert back on tour
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 26, 2023 16:02

Just saw a commercial that they are coming to Nashville in October.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-26 17:44 by bv.

Re: OT: Queen + Adam Lambert back on tour
Posted by: likecats ()
Date: March 27, 2023 20:56

I’ll see a show but I’m not sure which one yet.

Re: OT: Queen stuff
Date: March 28, 2023 12:56

Although I'm not a hardcore Queen-fan I remember George Michael singing on Live Aid, replacing the deceased Freddie Mercury. He was the best replacement possible to my ears. Both gone.

Date: March 28, 2023 13:00

TheflyingDutchman
Although I'm not a hardcore Queen-fan I remember George Michael singing on Live Aid, replacing the deceased Freddie Mercury. He was the best replacement possible to my ears. Both gone.

Freddie was very much alive and kicking on Live Aid?

Date: March 28, 2023 13:16

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman

Freddie was very much alive and kicking on Live Aid?

You're right, my memory, but still, you could see Brian May smile as if he would say: "That's the man we need".smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-28 13:17 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 28, 2023 13:42

George Michael sang at Freddie's tribute concert.

Re: O.T.: Queen fans, what is your opinion??
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 31, 2023 03:27

MadMax
"I never got Queen or understood the attraction. If I was a spy/secret agent or high ranking government official and was captured by any of my sworn enemies or evil doers. All they would have to do is lock me in a room play Queen at an excessive volume for an hour or so and I would give up all the Top Secret information they wanted. I would rat out all my friends and colleagues I would even give up the codes to the Nukes.

Since I am not a niether of the above and just an insignificant nobody I will put it in simpler terms. I would rather have a Root Canal performed with an oyster fork than listen to Queen because the pain is on the same level."

Makes it 2 of us mate!smileys with beer

Put me down as anti-Queen as well! Although maybe not to the degree as both of you - I do really like a few songs, Another One Bites The Dust, My Best Friend, Crazy Little Thing, off the top of my head. But definitely think they're way over-rated ... do people really like Bicycle? Or Fat Bottom Girls? Nah.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: March 31, 2023 07:48

Almost all the decent stuff is on the first five albums. Songs like Seven Seas of Rye, Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody etc. I loved Queen then, but I loathe the bland stuff they made later on like Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free etc, Its such a shame that people think those crap songs define Queen.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 31, 2023 17:54

bakersfield
Almost all the decent stuff is on the first five albums. Songs like Seven Seas of Rye, Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody etc. I loved Queen then, but I loathe the bland stuff they made later on like Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free etc, Its such a shame that people think those crap songs define Queen.

I'd go as far as 8 albums, The Game was really good, every song on side 1 was great, and a couple on side 2 as well (or 7 of 10 songs on the CD).

But the next, Hot Space was awful (except maybe Put Out The Fire and of course the tacked on hit Under Pressure), and they never really seemed to recover from that, was really a song per album worth listening to at most going forward.

Hammer to Fall was good, One Vision was ok, but beyond that everything else was pretty bland (at least for Queen).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-03 21:19 by kovach.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 31, 2023 19:20

Queen were a terrific band, what's not to love! Became a fan with Live Killers, and a super fan after the live aid show. Still miss Freddie after so many years!

C

Date: March 31, 2023 22:05

Wise words coming from Brian May :

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: April 1, 2023 00:46

I saw them here in Buenos Aires Argentina in 1981, February, I was 15 years old,they were like the album tittle, they were Live Killers.

You have to consider that in 1981 Argentina was under a military goverment and nobody came here, so having Queen here at their peak was something i will remember forever.

After The Game they still have good songs but not a complete good album.

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 1, 2023 09:21

A friend turned me on to them and my first live show was just as A Night at the Opera was being released.
I swear to you, and I know this sounds strange in the internet age but I’d never heard one song and never even seen a picture of them.

They were doing the theaters, 2-3000 seaters.

If a spaceship had landed in my backyard and aliens walked out I couldn’t have been more shocked.just the sound, the sheer talent on display,I couldn’t believe it.
They were doing everything off the first three albums,Now I’m Here , Killer Queen,
They played a song called White Queen many people may not know, it’s an old one but I’ll never forget Freddie singing “so sad, her eyes,as it began” I was thinking how can this fckng guy actually sing that great,it was like it was not even real.
A couple of years ago I saw the late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins swearing that in fact Queen were the greatest rock band ever.i don’t agree but I can sure understand how he felt that way.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2023 18:17

lem motlow
A friend turned me on to them and my first live show was just as A Night at the Opera was being released.
I swear to you, and I know this sounds strange in the internet age but I’d never heard one song and never even seen a picture of them.

They were doing the theaters, 2-3000 seaters.

If a spaceship had landed in my backyard and aliens walked out I couldn’t have been more shocked.just the sound, the sheer talent on display,I couldn’t believe it.
They were doing everything off the first three albums,Now I’m Here , Killer Queen,
They played a song called White Queen many people may not know, it’s an old one but I’ll never forget Freddie singing “so sad, her eyes,as it began” I was thinking how can this fckng guy actually sing that great,it was like it was not even real.
A couple of years ago I saw the late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins swearing that in fact Queen were the greatest rock band ever.i don’t agree but I can sure understand how he felt that way.

Great story.

I have a similiar one, interestingly involving Foo Fighters as well. About 1995 went to see Foo Fighters with Radiohead opening for them, small theatre.

I didn't really know Radiohead - any songs - but they blew the doors off...couldn't believe it. We actually left the Foo Fighters one song in as they sounded so contrived and boring by comparison. (I know, foolish but whatever, we were kids - 30 year old kids).

OT: Freddie Mercury auction
Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: August 3, 2023 17:57

Posted by: nickdominguez ()
Date: August 11, 2023 19:52

anyone interested in a signed tour book for sale ?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 11, 2023 19:54

nickdominguez
anyone interested in a signed tour book for sale ?

Wrong place to post things for sale...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home