Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger wild 1984 interview | 60 Minutes Australia
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 23, 2019 03:48

Another cool Mick Jagger interview posted by "60 Minutes Australia" last month, from early 1984.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-23 03:49 by JordyLicks96.

Re: Mick Jagger wild 1984 interview | 60 Minutes Australia
Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 23, 2019 05:26

Very funny to hear the Rupert Murdoch mention at 6:30.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 25, 2019 04:56

Quite a good interview, really.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 25, 2019 07:02

The interviewer is a little antagonistic, and Jagger handles it well.

I can't say I've watched many interviews with the Stones, but when I do, I'm stunned by how so many attempt to cut them down, constantly bringing up age, womanizing, and drug habits while implying that it's time to retire. It seems to begin at day one, and it almost exceeds the reality. At least by the '90s, that talk should be done with, except for the issue of retirement, I suppose, but all these issues are foregrounded in the Ed Bradley interview, and especially the press conference for the Voodoo Lounge tour. Journalists are out with knives.

Has anything been written about this contentious relationship between the Stones and the press? It's like the press are eager to catch them falter or fail. It's never a pleasant exchange.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 25, 2019 07:51

cyclist

I can't say I've watched many interviews with the Stones, but when I do, I'm stunned by how so many attempt to cut them down, constantly bringing up age, womanizing, and drug habits while implying that it's time to retire. It seems to begin at day one, and it almost exceeds the reality. At least by the '90s, that talk should be done with, except for the issue of retirement, I suppose, but all these issues are foregrounded in the Ed Bradley interview, and especially the press conference for the Voodoo Lounge tour. Journalists are out with knives.

Has anything been written about this contentious relationship between the Stones and the press? It's like the press are eager to catch them falter or fail. It's never a pleasant exchange.

It seems to me if you notice as to how she asks the questions, Mick's at times stockroom physical responses aside, she's exactly framing what you said in that context - why are people still curious about all of that bullshit, which she was as clear as could be about, how 40 isn't that old etc.

At least that's what I got out of it. She was spot on in her spirit, to me, anyway, in how she came about why she had the questions she had.

Mick gives himself away quite freely. It's obvious when he's ok with what someone is asking because he doesn't turn into a smart ass with her.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 25, 2019 08:36

cyclist

Not that they need be treated dispectfully or bored to death by the same angles,
they seem to understand that up to a point; everything printed with
the name of their brand helps serve the press function dynamic in their business
and further branding as new generations of fans come and mature and move on;
they are a something of an Institution now,
not merely risking
being imprisoned in one, again, as of days of yore.
He's a Knight; he is the government lol....
but your points are well taken and well expressed and i appreciate them.
They don't take the early Lou Reed route, sort of a more insolent take
on the way His Bobness dealt with them in Don't Look Back....
...that i don't care what you write; it's not real nobody really cares...
kinda take-down as they moved in on him....
At point a 'journalist' asks Lou if he's happy about something,
he responds:
"Are You Happy Being A Schmuck?"
[www.youtube.com]
got to love that boy.

classic.
[www.youtube.com]
Lou Reed '74 Australia Funniest Press Conference EVER & Wild side + Rock 'n Roll LIVE HD

"Do you take drugs?"
"No."
"What do you spend your money on?"
"Drugs."?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-25 09:05 by hopkins.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 08:51

Mick wagging his finger in real life! "Bossy boots!" What the virago gets for wagging her pen! My favorite moment.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: April 25, 2019 23:11

from 0:42 on, JJF, is this a promo video???

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 00:07

kait
from 0:42 on, JJF, is this a promo video???

Yes it is!! This was filmed about 2 weeks before the well known makeup video of the song.

[www.youtube.com]

28th April: London, shooting of a promo film. Director: Michael Lindsay Hogg.
- Jumping Jack Flash 1 (MJ/KR) -miming to specially recorded version

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-26 00:14 by JordyLicks96.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home