Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Have You Ever Been So Blitzed at a Stones Show That You Can't Remember It?
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: April 19, 2019 22:25

in the mid 80s I worked as a shopkeeper...One day this guy came in and (I can't remember why) but we started talking about the Stones and he told me that he saw them at the Hollywood Palladium in 1972 and that he was at the front of the stage!...my eyes lit up and I could feel my adrenalin rising...I asked him what he could tell me about the show and he said that he took LSD before the show started and he couldn't remember a thing.

Re: Have You Ever Been So Blitzed at a Stones Show That You Can't Remember It?
Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: April 19, 2019 22:54

Regrettably, yes. Stones at Dodgers Stadium in 2006. Did the pre-party at a Mexican restaurant and drank waaaaaaay too much. Ended up piling a dozen people into my Honda Civic for the drive to the stadium. I do remember the show, but only in a very fuzzy way. Had such a splitting headache on the drive back to San Diego I'm surprised I made it home.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:01

Can't remember.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:04

Deltics
Can't remember.
HaHa...was waitin' for that one

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:07

Rollin' Stoner
Deltics
Can't remember.
HaHa...was waitin' for that one
Happy to oblige! smileys with beer

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:35

Nope, I'm not really a big partier. I've seen them completely sober most times, and a few beers at the most for the rest.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:55

Oakland 94 : a nice couple next to me offered a few tokes from a doobie. I declined, I wanted to remember the show.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: April 20, 2019 00:06

In 2006 I lived within walking distance of Zilker Park in Austin, and I had a bunch of people come in for the show. Naturally, we over-indulged the night before. I could hear the soundchecks from my house the next day, but I was so hungover and wondering whether I could even make it over there. I felt like I was going to puke walking into the gates, but Ian MacLagan and the Bump Band was on already, and I determined that I wasn't going let the previous night's indiscretions ruin everything. A little hair-of-the-dog did the trick, and the rest is history.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2019 00:35

GAFF
Regrettably, yes. Stones at Dodgers Stadium in 2006. Did the pre-party at a Mexican restaurant and drank waaaaaaay too much. Ended up piling a dozen people into my Honda Civic for the drive to the stadium. I do remember the show, but only in a very fuzzy way. Had such a splitting headache on the drive back to San Diego I'm surprised I made it home.

Good times GAFF!

The drive from the Mexican restaurant to Dodger stadium down Sunset Blvd. was epic....lol....
I remember the show fairly well....sat 6th row with Dave Wilson aka Promo (RIP), and Bonnie Raitt opening and then guesting on Dead Flowers.
I also recall after the show and we were using your GPS to figure out how to get out of there, but somehow ended up on useless backroads in the hills all around Dodger stadium.grinning smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 01:02

no. i like a drink but pre stones show i tend to have a couple, then a couple during, enjoy the show then get drunk after.

warsaw worked well, had 2 before and 2 during, was enough, then got blitzed after.struggled to get out of bed next day, sight seeing with bleery eyes and a ragin headache, then onto a pub again for evening.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 20, 2019 01:03

no but i am very fuzzy on u2 on the first joshua tree tour. satan's drink has a name & it is tequila.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: April 20, 2019 02:02

I took a large quantity of lsd before I saw the Stones on December 14 ,1981 in Kansas City MO. I thought I hallucinated Mick Taylor being there.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 20, 2019 02:35

Yes!It happened during one of the shows At Giants stadium when they were doing many shows there!I had tickets for all the shows.And I think it was the second show I arrived having drunk too many beers!I sat down for the entire show and fell asleep.Only waking for the fireworks at the end!The guy next to me said”Jesus you missed the whole show”.I said it was ok because I Was seeing them again the following night.
Copacabana and Ronnie’s gig at the CC club were pretty wild,cause of the VIP free drinks.The bootleg I made of the latter show has me taking a piss part way through.Aah those were the days.Pretty much stone cold sober these days and feel better for it.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 20, 2019 02:55

Have no real recollection of Wembley 99, and quite a lot of other gigs in the 90s I have scant recollection of through being drunk

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 20, 2019 04:31

I got busted for pot on Thursday night, June 29th, 1978 in Indianapolis. Didn't get a minutes sleep in the Marion Country lockup. Didn't get much rest during the day. Drove with some friends all night to get to Cleveland for the July 4th concert. Was super burned out. The concert was festival seating in an 80,000 seat stadium. There were bikers and bad vibes all day. By the time the Stones came on we had to flee the stadium floor for some open seats on the side. My memory is spotty of the event.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 20, 2019 04:51

Nope. Did fall totally asleep an an Allman Brothers Band show at the old Cap Centre in Largo, Maryland. Was with some friends and a new lady (hello, Delores) I was trying to impress. She and my friends said they tried to wake me, but I wouldn't wake up. Guess this is what happens when you get too loaded on booze and pot before a show. It's a wonder that somehow some of survived those daze.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 20, 2019 06:13

Never overdid it at a Stones gig, but had a couple of excessive Aerosmith and Motley Crue gigs...

As some stated, I was more than lucky more than a few times that nothing really, really bad happened to me or others.

Crazy now how the legal scene is emerging across the US, slowly but surely... perhaps we were ahead of our time!

Retirement could be a lot of fun!

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 20, 2019 06:37

Good question for the band. What's that line?

"It's good to be here. It's good to be anywhere, really."

I've enjoyed the Stones shows I've seen, and woke up to recall the most of them.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:06

Possibly. The thing is I recorded them too so it's kinda hard to tell if I really forgot since the memory was filled in almost immediately.

Now get this, I went to like 5 shows this weekend (The Tubes on Friday, early I See Hawks IN LA show Saturday, late show Dickies showSaturday)

Then I spent like 8 hours Sunday at the Rainbow Bar & Grill 47th Anniversary in the parking lot with lots of bands.

Then I head to the Redwood to see if I can make it there in time for Summer Cannibals. While on the way there they post "Surprise Eagles Of Death Metal" show at midnight. So I figure if I don't make it there in time for Summer Cannibals I get that.

Make it just in time for Summer Cannibals, and I sit in one of the booths then after a long wait, suddenly it's just Jesse with an acoustic guitar and I go out like a light until it's over.

Sober all weekend.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:32

I fell asleep during Living Colour in 1994. Does that count? I wasn't drunk yet alone blitzed.

Does that count, too?

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: April 20, 2019 11:48

In 1981 I served at Military Police. We had to arrest a chap I knew. In the van he offered me tickets for the Rotterdam concerts, because obviously he was going to be in jail. He knew I was a fan. I declined his offer. Afterwards I had a beer or two to forget about that missed chance. So I got blitzed outside the concert.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: April 20, 2019 11:50

That was the 1982 Tour.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:18

mea culpa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 23:51 by steffialicia.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:49

Nope. I am taping and drinking too much mean a bathroom run and the bathroom doesn't sound good. Also need to keep my wits since I typically have thousands of dollars of gear on me and don't want to have any issues. Will partake in some herbal enhancements but nothing too much to impact memory.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:57

No. I am too smart to pay a lot of money to go to a concert and then get all messed up and out of control surrounded by 60,000 people. Anyone who does that needs a ass kicking.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 20, 2019 20:23

I have had to read the Setlist the next morning to 'remind myself what they played'. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Me and a buddy did go to Santana once and wondered why he was playing bass and about halfway through the show figured out that wasn't Carlos Santana. smoking smiley

Did sleep through a large portion of Rush's Moving Pictures tour show. Just wasn't as exciting as Permanent Waves. Then again, same buddy as Santana and probably same reason for 'issues'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-21 05:31 by kovach.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 20, 2019 22:18

Mu first Stones show was 26 July, 1975. Mick was performing on his birthday in Bloomington , Indiana. The first tour with Ronnie, and I don.t remember any debate at the time of Taylor VS Wood, we were going to the Stones. I went with a group of friends that used any event as a polypharmaceutical chemistry lab. I barely remember going to a bathroom before the show. Since then I have often joked that the only person there with less memory of that show is probably Keith. With the exception of some acid in Cleveland in 78 and at the Silverdome first show in 81, I have since done well over 100 shows fairly sober , and mostly completely dry, saving the party for after the show. And even those after show parties have been more about gathering with friends and having a drink or two. The last few tours have been very well behaved, sipping cocktails at exorbitant prices in expensive hotel bars while star gazing. She may not realize it, but travelling with Beast for several tours has been a calming influence on the wildman in me, and I need to thank her for memories i Might not have otherwise had.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 20, 2019 22:24

I only remember Twickenham 2018 until Beast Of Burden. 8 shows on the bounce had taken its physical and psychological toll.
Beast is always a good influence bless her!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2019 22:42

Not I, but my older brother went to his grave regretting over-indulging (in god knows what) at the only
Jimi Hendrix show he ever attended at Seattle Sicks Stadium in July, 1970.

Jimi started the set with "Fire" and he was out before the first song ended..cool smiley
Life lesson learned for me however..

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 20, 2019 23:09

Less can do it. I have drunk a lot and couldn't even remember going to the show.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home