Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones CD Singles 1971-2006 [WAS] a bargain on Amazon.ca - price back up
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 19, 2019 05:23

Being one of the few 'newer' items I haven't availed myself of in the last few years I've been following it.

It's dropped a fair bit in price on amazon.ca interestingly, not so on the other country amazons. I bought it today.

If you are in the market, still a few left:

[www.amazon.ca]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 19:20 by treaclefingers.

Re: Rolling Stones CD Singles 1971-2006 a bargain right now on Amazon.ca
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 19:22

$228 a bargain??

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 20, 2019 04:35

Lynd8
$228 a bargain??

For songs I already have?

Date: April 20, 2019 06:43

Well, I bought it for $188...price bumped up again.

This isn't the typical stones album or greatest hits, this is a curio, the 'must have' set for those completists that want the artwork and every version and remix of every single.

It's been much higher priced and I think there are few sets left for those that are interested.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:08

Currently $172 on Amazon US.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:31

treaclefingers

This isn't the typical stones album or greatest hits, this is a curio, the 'must have' set for those completists that want the artwork and every version and remix of every single.

It's been much higher priced and I think there are few sets left for those that are interested.

Remix of every single? I haven't looked at the track listing in a while but I doubt it has every remix of every single that had a remix.

There are 2 remixes of Miss You, then the LP version and the UK single version, which is just an edit of the LP version. Does it include the Dr re "remix"?

There are those shit "remixes" of You Got Me Rocking etc.

Are you telling me all of those are in this box set release? Or... something?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 13:55

This was the first time I ever passed on a Rolling Stones release. I had every song on CD already except a few remixes that I didn't really care about. I was super excited that "Think I'm Going Mad" was finally officially released on CD and then found out it had that bad edit or error in the beginning of the track!

Date: April 20, 2019 19:14

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

Remix of every single? I haven't looked at the track listing in a while but I doubt it has every remix of every single that had a remix.

There are 2 remixes of Miss You, then the LP version and the UK single version, which is just an edit of the LP version. Does it include the Dr re "remix"?

yes, that is what I'm telling you. If you choose to believe me, you've only yourself to blame.

Date: April 20, 2019 19:19

Hairball

So with the exchange, over $230 CAD...slightly higher now than the Amazon.ca site.

When i first posted, the USD price (factoring in the exchange) was $140.29.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:37

treaclefingers
Hairball

So with the exchange, over $230 CAD...slightly higher now than the Amazon.ca site.

When i first posted, the USD price (factoring in the exchange) was $140.29.

Reading some of the mixed reviews about manufacturing errors (mismatched sleeves, etc), and a glitch on Think I'm Going Mad (a "skip" within seconds of the song starting)....a shame as it's a nice looking box.
Not sure it will ever make it to my collection though, unless maybe if it drops to about $50.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 20, 2019 20:17

Lynd8
This was the first time I ever passed on a Rolling Stones release. I had every song on CD already except a few remixes that I didn't really care about. I was super excited that "Think I'm Going Mad" was finally officially released on CD and then found out it had that bad edit or error in the beginning of the track!

Yep, a skip in the first few seconds. But you can send it in for a correction disc, which I did, and it's all good. The collection also has the single version of "All Down The Line"...a noticeably different mix.

Date: April 20, 2019 20:32

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

yes, that is what I'm telling you. If you choose to believe me, you've only yourself to blame.

Nope. Not every mix of every single. It is a great collection, but it famously and frustratingly omits the "Too Much Blood" mixes.

Date: April 21, 2019 15:38

floodonthepage
Lynd8

Yep, a skip in the first few seconds. But you can send it in for a correction disc, which I did, and it's all good. The collection also has the single version of "All Down The Line"...a noticeably different mix.

I've read that this error was corrected in the later edition

Re: Rolling Stones CD Singles 1971-2006 bargain
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 22, 2019 10:25

End of February 2015 there was btw a real bargain for the Singles-Collection 1971-2006 in the German iTunes-Store - all 45 Singles (173 Tracks) for just € 8.99: [iorr.org] . And with a rebated iTunes gift card you could get the whole 'Box' even for 15-20% less.

It's still available on [iTunes.apple.com] , but it's (currently) no bargain ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-22 10:35 by Irix.

Re: Rolling Stones CD Singles 1971-2006 bargain
Date: April 23, 2019 16:45

Irix
End of February 2015 there was btw a real bargain for the Singles-Collection 1971-2006 in the German iTunes-Store - all 45 Singles (173 Tracks) for just € 8.99: [iorr.org] . And with a rebated iTunes gift card you could get the whole 'Box' even for 15-20% less.

It's still available on [iTunes.apple.com] , but it's (currently) no bargain ....

It's kind of like a fish market, prices on this box change daily. Now $230

Posted by: nick ()
Date: April 25, 2019 00:01

floodonthepage
Yep, a skip in the first few seconds. But you can send it in for a correction disc, which I did, and it's all good.

The replacement disc is all good if you play the whole CD starting with Track 1 "She Was Hot. If you play only Track 2 "Think I'm Going Mad", then the song starts a half second in.

Posted by: theo1954 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 22:15

Just bought it in New York in a secondhandstore,asked 125US got in down to 100US, mint condition

Date: April 25, 2019 22:34

theo1954
Just bought it in New York in a secondhandstore,asked 125US got in down to 100US, mint condition

thumbs up

That's what I need, a mint used one. Every time I buy something sealed I can't bring myself to open it!

Date: April 25, 2019 23:11

nick
floodonthepage
Yep, a skip in the first few seconds. But you can send it in for a correction disc, which I did, and it's all good.

The replacement disc is all good if you play the whole CD starting with Track 1 "She Was Hot. If you play only Track 2 "Think I'm Going Mad", then the song starts a half second in.

???????

I would file a complaint, or perhaps something is up with your player, because my replacement disc plays fine no matter how you spin it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-25 23:13 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 26, 2019 02:47

floodonthepage
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers

Nope. Not every mix of every single. It is a great collection, but it famously and frustratingly omits the "Too Much Blood" mixes.

That's the best reason to not buy it then - it doesn't have everything that was released. What a sad misrepresentation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2022
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home