Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paris ‘67 link (and question)
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:09

I’ve never heard this entire thing before now, I’m embarrassed to say. What a total joy. Boy oh boy do I hope there’s a reel of this somewhere that can be remastered and released...

[m.mixcloud.com]

Anybody have any thoughts to share? Will/could this ever become a vault release?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 03:05 by Tate.

Re: Paris ‘67
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 18, 2019 02:26

Given the fact that it was released on iTunes (maybe for copyright protection), I wouldn't be surprised if this would be officially released some day on physical format.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 18, 2019 03:00

Mick is having fun on PIB; making up voices & shit. Keith is rocking hard as Bill and Charlie are too. Fantastic Paint it black!
19th N. Bdown rocks fast&furious; I love it!
Great performance from Paris.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: April 18, 2019 03:04

Ah, I did not realize. Not sure if this ever made it to iTunes here in the states. There is so much to appreciate in the Paris performance.. I love it. Always heard about it, never actually heard it before.

Date: April 18, 2019 03:07

Lady Jane : Brian is lovely on that thing that he plays.
Get out of my cloud : Bill's bass is a monster!!! WTF Wyman is sooooooooooo good.
Excellent show!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Re: Paris ‘67 link (and question)
Date: April 18, 2019 03:20

Ruby Tuesday is also fantastic; just the 5 stones and how great that sounds. Amazing performance by all of them. Brian and Keith on R.Tuesday rule!
LSTNT; speedy but tight version. Charlie hammers those tempos with force and rage!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 03:33 by rollmops.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 18, 2019 07:03

If they can gussie up those BBC tapes, they can certainly do something listenable with the Paris ones. Problem is the whole concert is what, twenty minutes? That's not much of a release.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 14:08

I listened to this on Tuesday night. Absolute Gold Dust. The original Rolling Stones, raw, rocking and still very current, playing the music that propelled them to fame in the 1st place. Loved it.

Charlie's outro drumming on LSTNT........thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-18 14:14 by grzegorz67.

Date: April 19, 2019 02:50

How about the craziness going on during Satisfaction?! I love the noise happening there, makes me wonder how psychedelic the Rolling Stones might have become had Brian Jones not left the band (and had he not drowned).

Rolling Stones 1967
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 09:53

[www.mixcloud.com]

French radio (Europe 1) 'Musicorama', 16 April, 1967
Radio broadcast of Paris, L'Olympia, 11 April, 1967

Paint It Black
19th Nervous Breakdown
Lady Jane
Get Off Of My Cloud-Yesterday's Papers
Under My Thumb
Ruby Tuesday
Let's Spend The Night Together
Goin' Home-Satisfaction

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Re: Rolling Stones 1967
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 17:23

Nice

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 17:35

This has been knocking about Facebook recently.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 19, 2019 19:06

Power!!!

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: April 19, 2019 19:28

Is that Barry Gibb at the end of Paint It, Black?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 19:29 by kuenzer.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:27

Wow, that's a rave. Very quick tempos, Mick sings great, great blitz of sound.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 03:08

Love Brian's wailing harmonica on Goin Home!

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 11:50

Some of the best guitar playing I've heard from Keith on there too.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 20, 2019 17:10

Incredible stuff!

No matter how much more sophisticated, professional and 'greatest rock'n'roll band of the world' they would later (in a couple of years) to be, something is always lost in the process: they would never so wild, energetic, rebellous, loose, experimental and daring and as they were in early 1967! It is fascinating how some fine nuances fit to the energetic, almost chaotic scheme, such as that of Brian's flute in "Ruby Tuesday". Their material is fresh and hot - most relevant pop music of the day - and they play it with full conviction, rocking their hearts out. No any definitive 'sound' yet, but just 'five of us against the world, and see what happens'...

Listening to this concert makes me feel that isn't this what rock and roll, initially and in the end, supposed to be like? Pure joy, energy and attitude.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 17:12 by Doxa.

Posted by: funkydrummer ()
Date: April 20, 2019 19:02

I was hoping that it was without the voiceovers...I guess the raw tapes will never see the light of day? Sad.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 22, 2019 00:05

Doxa
Incredible stuff!

No matter how much more sophisticated, professional and 'greatest rock'n'roll band of the world' they would later (in a couple of years) to be, something is always lost in the process: they would never so wild, energetic, rebellous, loose, experimental and daring and as they were in early 1967! It is fascinating how some fine nuances fit to the energetic, almost chaotic scheme, such as that of Brian's flute in "Ruby Tuesday". Their material is fresh and hot - most relevant pop music of the day - and they play it with full conviction, rocking their hearts out. No any definitive 'sound' yet, but just 'five of us against the world, and see what happens'...

Listening to this concert makes me feel that isn't this what rock and roll, initially and in the end, supposed to be like? Pure joy, energy and attitude.

- Doxa

Beautiful. smileys with beer

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: April 22, 2019 00:41

This indeed would make a great vault release. Love it... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 22, 2019 15:12

The Stones sound like a demolition company here. Very good. thumbs up

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 22, 2019 16:02

Doxa
Incredible stuff!

- Doxa

One gets a sense what the fuzz was all about the Stones in the mid-60's... and why some famous Punk musicians I personally know who named later-era Stones and contemporaries "BOFs" (boring old farts) have their fair share of Brian-era Stones in their record collections.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: April 23, 2019 16:04

You might be interested in these

[onlyrockandroll.london]

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 23, 2019 17:21

funkydrummer
I guess the raw tapes will never see the light of day?
Or Jagger bought them some time ago? Part of the 67 show was broadcast in 1995 on Europe 1 right before the July 3 club-show.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: April 24, 2019 01:38

dcba
funkydrummer
I guess the raw tapes will never see the light of day?
Or Jagger bought them some time ago? Part of the 67 show was broadcast in 1995 on Europe 1 right before the July 3 club-show.

The Paris tapes are owned by Europe 1.
ABKCO had as much right to use them on a copyright preservation release as they did to copyright Don't Lie To Me to Mick and Keith, something which apparently has never been corrected.
Europe 1 confirmed that they no longer have a tape of the 1964 Paris show. The earliest one they have is 1965.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home