Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - new Madonna single 'Medellín'
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 18, 2019 14:34

I think her most daring and interesting work was probably her least best selling albums Erotica and American Life. Saw her during the drowned world tour and really enjoyed her show, as she had released two very good albums in a row and rebranded herself as a mature artist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-20 18:07 by desertblues68.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 18, 2019 21:25

desertblues68
I think her most daring and interesting work was probably her least best selling albums Erotica and American Life. Saw her during the drowned world tour and really enjoyed her show, as she had released two very good albums in a row and rent branded herself as a mature artist.

Very much agree though I would put Erotica and Ray Of Light as her two best albums. In any case there are many other great albums including American Life. The Drowned World tour was an absolute peak for me, an amazing and creative show that was real - every note sung live, could actually hear her guitar parts and before facial surgery. She was a real and mature artist that tour. I've seen every tour since too and it's always a great show but ever more reliant on backing tracks.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 18, 2019 21:41

desertblues68
I think her most daring and interesting work was probably her least best selling albums Erotica and American Life. Saw her during the drowned world tour and really enjoyed her show, as she had released two very good albums in a row and rent branded herself as a mature artist.
Erotica was such a great album and had a very special place in my life at that time in 1992-1993 when I spent a lot of time in San Diego and that album was listened to a lot by me and my then Girlfriend in El Cajon .Fun Times in San Diego going to the beach and sailing in and around Coronado bay running into and too close to naval vessels late at night and getting the horn blown at us to awaken us from our night time sails which really was a blast . Fun Times which I miss !

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:04

Just like the stones have not had a huge single since START ME UP, old Madge really hasn’t had a huge staple since VOGUE in 1991 or thereabouts. If you dig her great.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 03:13

Bashlets
Just like the stones have not had a huge single since START ME UP, old Madge really hasn’t had a huge staple since VOGUE in 1991 or thereabouts. If you dig her great.
I wouldn't say that...Ray of Light (1998), Don't Tell Me (2000), and Die Another Day (2002) were all pretty big hits in terms of chart position. Not exactly iconic songs in her catalog but still big hits.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 19, 2019 09:47

Even in 2008 Four Minutes made number one. That was her last big hit. The last album sold around a million worldwide in 2015 so the Stones hardcore base is unquestionably higher.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 11:31

rebelrebel
desertblues68

Very much agree though I would put Erotica and Ray Of Light as her two best albums. In any case there are many other great albums including American Life. The Drowned World tour was an absolute peak for me, an amazing and creative show that was real - every note sung live, could actually hear her guitar parts and before facial surgery. She was a real and mature artist that tour. I've seen every tour since too and it's always a great show but ever more reliant on backing tracks.

It was a very personal tour and she was at her live performance peak. That was the only time I saw her live, a great night at Earls Court. My absolute favourite at that concert was a magical moment.

La Isla Bonita

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 11:35 by desertblues68.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 11:38

Do you remember Lisa Fisher singing with her ?
Live 8, 2005 ?

[youtu.be]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: April 19, 2019 12:16

Madonna is always good with me. Love this.
But I';m still laughing about dcba and the "Notre Dame" song.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 19, 2019 13:49

powerage78
Live 8, 2005 ?

[youtu.be]
Thank You most Kindly for posting this . I do not hide my love for Madonna . Since 1979 she has sang so beautifully for 40 years running . That is something that is spectacular in and of it self of her longevity and constant reinvention with her recorded material and her looks and appearance which too often she is judged on . Think of it this way , Elvis the King of Rock and Roll had his skinny faze and his movie faze and his comeback in 1968 to his Vegas days where he ballooned up but the one thing that never betrayed him was his voice right till the very end . Madonna is not Elvis but that voice of hers is so magical in how beautiful and soulful and oh so sexy ! Yeah I said that ! Madonna is a artist who does not let the grass grow under her feet and is always changing it up , and I certainly applaud her for it and look forward to her new album and hopefully I get to see her live once again . I will gladly go and groove along to her most beautiful music !hot smiley

Date: April 19, 2019 14:40

TheGreek
powerage78
Live 8, 2005 ?

[youtu.be]
Thank You most Kindly for posting this . I do not hide my love for Madonna . Since 1979 she has sang so beautifully for 40 years running . That is something that is spectacular in and of it self of her longevity and constant reinvention with her recorded material and her looks and appearance which too often she is judged on . Think of it this way , Elvis the King of Rock and Roll had his skinny faze and his movie faze and his comeback in 1968 to his Vegas days where he ballooned up but the one thing that never betrayed him was his voice right till the very end . Madonna is not Elvis but that voice of hers is so magical in how beautiful and soulful and oh so sexy ! Yeah I said that ! Madonna is a artist who does not let the grass grow under her feet and is always changing it up , and I certainly applaud her for it and look forward to her new album and hopefully I get to see her live once again . I will gladly go and groove along to her most beautiful music !hot smiley

Agreed. And as great as many of her cuts are, this one IMO stand above them all. [youtu.be]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 15:44

Album Ray Of Light is a masterpiece.
Marc Moreau is a great guitarist.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-19 15:46 by powerage78.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 19, 2019 16:58

NilsHolgersson
video: [www.youtube.com]

What do you think?

Well I think at least at age 60 she's trying to stay current. It's what she's always been doing, working with young people. I think she's a bit like a female Mick Jagger - an eternal teenager trapper in an old person's body.

Beyond horrific

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:48

It is so bad that I thought it was produced by Don Was.
Although VL is ok with me.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 19, 2019 23:51

People complain about Stones music in the later years....

This million times worse... she has produced lots of crap in her later years.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 20, 2019 00:59

Madonna on a IORR? I think not.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:52

I find this style of production to be interesting.

It's intimate.

Sipping my pain just like... champagne.
Found myself dancing in the rain... with you.

Nice relaxed vocal, very laid back and intimate.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 20, 2019 16:56

A little too long for what it is, but the cha cha vibe is cool.

As for the negative comments about Madonna - her age, relevance, etc. - I think Doxa summed it up best.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home