Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT:Reo Speedwagon gig at Long Island
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 16, 2019 01:56

If you get a chance go and see Reo Speedwagon ,who are currently on tour in the US.Saw them last night in Westbury on the revolving 360 stage.What a gig!They are in fine fettle and put on a great show!Always been a fan of these guys since “keep on loving you”.Took me back in time to when I was 16,and there I was 55 with my 16 year old son.

Re: OT:Reo Speedwagon gig at Long Island
Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: April 16, 2019 02:44

I saw them in summer of 79 or 80 they opened up for blackmores rainbow,this was the true reo speedwagon, and they rocked, they are one of these groups, that had to work theyre ass off to get to the top opening up for everyone,but when they finally made it , it was with a bunch of ballads,totally different than the band is saw but who cares they paid their dues

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 16, 2019 03:08

Yeah I saw them on the Hi Infidelity tour around the same time, fantastic.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: April 16, 2019 14:21

Gary Richrath was one of greatest guitarists ever. REO hasn't been the same without him.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 16, 2019 14:31

spsimmons
Gary Richrath was one of greatest guitarists ever. REO hasn't been the same without him.

thumbs up

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 16, 2019 14:32

Check out "You Get What You Play For" - a great live album. No hits, just rocking

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 16, 2019 14:39

Here's a video of Cary reuniting with REO in 2014
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 15:37

Glad you had a good time. I've always grouped REO Speedwagon with Foreigner, Journey and Styx...lots of big radio hits that everyone knows when they hear them, very polished, not too dangerous or dirty.

Date: April 16, 2019 15:49

spsimmons

exactly

Date: April 16, 2019 16:41

keefriff99
Glad you had a good time. I've always grouped REO Speedwagon with Foreigner, Journey and Styx...lots of big radio hits that everyone knows when they hear them, very polished, not too dangerous or dirty.

Same era for sure though I think different type of music, Styx was more prog rock, and the other 2 more corporate rock (successful sales and tours but critically panned). REO at least through the 70s and early 80s seemed to stand above that and was a great pure rock band live.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: April 17, 2019 00:50

Nice to see the name of Reo Speedwagon show up in this forum.

I am from Argentina, so very far away from where they play, but their music allways sounds in my car and home.

Bye
Fernando

Date: April 17, 2019 03:51

Fernandobsas
Nice to see the name of Reo Speedwagon show up in this forum.

I am from Argentina, so very far away from where they play, but their music allways sounds in my car and home.

Bye
Fernando

"You Can Tuna Fish But You Can't Tune A Piano" is one of the best rock albums of its time.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 17, 2019 18:01

Thanks for the comments guys.I will check out some of those albums.Cheers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home