Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 312
Re: What are you listening to this very second?
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 5, 2020 06:54

jb

Date: June 5, 2020 06:56

yes man the wailers did some good tunes for Leslie Kong and Beverleys label, most people don't know.

jb

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 5, 2020 07:01

jbwelda
yes man the wailers did some good tunes for Leslie Kong and Beverleys label, most people don't know.

jb

thumbs up

His last song, before his death:

Peter Tosh - No Nuclear War

Date: June 5, 2020 07:05

Dig the white Beatle boots:

Them white girls don't know what to do with JB.

jb

Date: June 5, 2020 07:08

Never seen this before, its f'in fantastic

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 5, 2020 07:29

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 5, 2020 08:01

Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Colorado.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 5, 2020 08:21

Date: June 5, 2020 08:25

jb

Date: June 5, 2020 08:30

jb

Date: June 5, 2020 08:36

I think "yep rock" who is posting these nick lowe videos is the former head of Heartbeat Records.

jb

Date: June 5, 2020 08:50

jb

Date: June 5, 2020 18:18

Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane

Jim Carroll Band - Sweet Jane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-05 18:21 by LeonidP.

Date: June 5, 2020 19:42

Date: June 5, 2020 19:46

At one time that Jim Carroll guy was hiding out, I guess you could call it, in Bolinas near where I lived in Stinson Beach. What a scumbag, that's all I can say, the few interactions I and my friends had with him made us all think it would be a gift to let the mafia or whoever he was hiding from know where he could be found so he wouldn't pollute our area so. Don't know what happened to the guy after that, maybe his karma got to him. I think he was working on Basketball Diaries during his residence there. Not a bad writer actually, just the maker of questionable choices.

jb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 01:30 by jbwelda.

Date: June 5, 2020 20:05

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 5, 2020 21:46

The past few months I've been working on some single remixes (actual remixes that sound different than the album version, not 300 bpm etc "remixes"), a non-LP B-side and fixing some extremely minor details for a couple of tracks on the album. Currently doing audio review on those remix edits for some upcoming releases that, ha ha, still need some tweaking.

There will be 5 singles between June and October, at this point, and they will all include extra tracks, most of them live tracks, as well as an alternate album mix of the first single.

Some DSPs allow free releases, singles with one or two tracks, and albums (still deciding on who to release the album with), so... might as well have some fun with it.

Once it's all together I was considering posting it here since I don't believe I've ever shared any of my work here. Still thinking about it.

Date: June 5, 2020 22:57

jbwelda
At one time that Jim Carroll guy was hiding out, I guess you could call it, in Bolinas near where I lived in Stinson Beach. What a scumbag, that's all I can say, the few interactions I and my friends had with him made us all think it would be a gift to let the mafia or whoever he was hiding from know where he could be found so he wouldn't pollute our area so. Don't know what happened to the guy after that, maybe his karma got to him.

jb

That's sad to hear, he's one of my heroes! I know he was into heroine, etc. in his younger days (read all about it in Basketball Diaries), but he cleaned up and didn't even drink for around the last 25 years of his life. I never read anything about him being in hiding, he prob just happened to live in the area.

I'd like to know more, in what way was he a 'scumbag'?

Date: June 6, 2020 00:26

Date: June 6, 2020 00:26

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 00:29 by maumau.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: June 6, 2020 01:08

video: [www.youtube.com] March on Washington 1963. Bob Dylan-only a pawn in their game.

Date: June 6, 2020 01:15

Leonid lets just say you didn't want to leave any valuables unlocked around him or his friends. And he was most definitely hiding, I think he even describes it in Basketball Diaries, because he had run afoul of east coast heroin dealers and had to make a quick getaway and somehow knew people in the sleepy little seaside town of Bolinas, where the residents regularly took down the turn off sign to the place to confuse tourists. People have their problems and one has to accept that but when those problems begin to affect others adversely, one has to look at the real situation. I just read up on him a bit in Wikipedia and it seems he cleaned up later in life, but the claim about him getting clean and then coming to California is a bit far fetched, he wasn't clean when he was in the area at least not at first, and this was according to people I knew who dealt with him on a day to day basis. He may have pulled his life together later on. That part of California was not at all the sort of place one would want to escape to with the idea of quitting hard drugs, they were surprisingly all over the place during that period, even out in the little sleepy beach towns, or maybe especially out in the little sleepy beach towns. Maybe not like Greenwich village but with the star population of the area heavily into opiates and coke, there were plenty of temptations around. Just ask David Crosby, or for that matter, any of the Grateful Dead.

Anyway I am glad to hear his life improved, I figured he was one of the people who died, early.

I really shouldn't talk shit like this and almost think I should go erase my initial post; even though it is truthful, its really kind of disrespectful to the late Mr Carroll. I have a long history in and around the music scene and have seen a lot. My girlfriend at this time was a native of the east coast and was John Lee Hooker's god daughter. We visited him several times and he came and stayed at our place once for a month when he was out west on business and playing gigs. I got to know a lot of people in the business back then and soon enough learned sometimes its best to not know a lot about your musical heroes, or at least not take their publicity too seriously. One of my musical heroes was Mike Bloomfield...now there was a character with a lot of wasted talent, say no more.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 01:29 by jbwelda.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 6, 2020 01:44

The Rolling Stones -- Doom And Gloom .............

ROCKMAN

Date: June 6, 2020 01:52

jb

Date: June 6, 2020 02:55

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2020 03:04

Date: June 6, 2020 06:23

Stones content: 1:52

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 06:25 by jbwelda.

Date: June 6, 2020 09:05

jbwelda
Leonid lets just say you didn't want to leave any valuables unlocked around him or his friends. And he was most definitely hiding, I think he even describes it in Basketball Diaries, because he had run afoul of east coast heroin dealers and had to make a quick getaway and somehow knew people in the sleepy little seaside town of Bolinas,..

Yeah, wasn't really denying he was in hiding, just curious to know more. I read that he moved to get away from the NYC drug scene, change of scenery, start w/ a new crowd, etc. The 'hiding' is still puzzling though, as even though he gave up a music career for a long time, he still continued to write (mostly poetry) and do appearances, i.e. Spoken Word, under his own name.

I never got to see him live in the early years - had a chance, as friends of mine went to see him around '81 or so and I opted out. I regretted it for years! Then he did a revival musical album (actually 1/2 music and the other 1/2 was spoken word), Pools of Mercury, with some excellent songs on it, in the late 90s. And lucky for me, he did a few shows to promote it, I got to see him in NYC, his very first comeback show ... right before the first song, he said "this is the part where I shit my pants", LOL.

One of his comeback songs, Falling Down Laughing:

[/url]

One of his spoken words tracks from the same album, 8 Fragments for Kurt Cobain ... intense!
[url=

]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 6, 2020 18:27

Still sounding good, Neil Young's "Tonight's The Night" album. It seems to fit the times these days.

Date: June 6, 2020 19:26

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 312

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home