Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cities where the Rolling Stones played worldwide
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:21

I am wondering if a list exists, showing, in which cities worldwide the Rolling Stones played from 1962 until today?

I was looking for all German shows so far and I found out that Germany has 21 different cities with Stones-shows: München, Nürnberg, Stuttgart, Hockenheim, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Berlin, Hannover, Hamburg, Köln, Düsseldorf, Kiel, Münster, Essen, Gelsenkirchen, Oberhausen, Bremen, Schüttorf, Dortmund, Wolfsburg.

Worldwide?

Re: Cities where the Rolling Stones played worldwide
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:30

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:42

For Britain, the list is massive due to the relentless touring of hotels, theatres and cinemas they did in the 1963-66 period. They played in towns and cities of all sizes. My hometown of Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland even got a show in 1964, population 50,000!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:45

This is a pretty cool interactive map of their first 50 years of concerts..
[rollingstones.vizzuality.com]

There was also one on the stones site that was similar..
think it may still be there somewhere with more current info.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 9, 2019 14:28

RollingStonesFan
I am wondering if a list exists, showing, in which cities worldwide the Rolling Stones played from 1962 until today?

I was looking for all German shows so far and I found out that Germany has 21 different cities with Stones-shows: München, Nürnberg, Stuttgart, Hockenheim, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Berlin, Hannover, Hamburg, Köln, Düsseldorf, Kiel, Münster, Essen, Gelsenkirchen, Oberhausen, Bremen, Schüttorf, Dortmund, Wolfsburg.

Worldwide?

Concerning Germany Mannheim should be added...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 9, 2019 15:24

grzegorz67
For Britain, the list is massive due to the relentless touring of hotels, theatres and cinemas they did in the 1963-66 period. They played in towns and cities of all sizes. My hometown of Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland even got a show in 1964, population 50,000!!!

Huh, Swansea never got one...........sad smiley .......Mind you, we did get the Who twice and the Pistols in '78

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 9, 2019 19:24

Mine

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:57

stones got barred from blackpool in 1964, the ban was dropped in 2008. will they go back, i doubt it.

there are plenty stuff on the internet of records of where all their concerts have taken place.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 9, 2019 21:05

RollingStonesFan

You can put together all cities from the 1962-2019 Concert Tour Chronology: [en.Wikipedia.org] or from the Concertlog 1962-2019: [TimeIsOnOurSide.com] .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home