Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Watts plexiglas
Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:11

Whatever happened to the plexiglas that used to around Charlie? I assume it is (was) for sound separation, but last time it was seen was on the Bigger Bang Tour, right?

Did the sound engineer step it up so it wasn't needed anymore? Any drummers out there who knows?

Sorry if this has been discussed before,

Re: Charlie Watts plexiglas
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:20

Because Keef's amps (the main source of nuisance for Charlie) now sits backstage far from the drum riser?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:24

Didn't the setlists also used to be written out on the plexiglass?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:25

I remember "setlists by Dana" -
whoever she was.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:29

A "Quiet stage" is all the rage these days.

The sound levels on stage are not nearly so high as they used to be ...so the screens are just not needed any more.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: April 8, 2019 18:33

Spud

The sound levels on stage are not nearly so high as they used to be ...so the screens are just not needed any more.

Didn't Darryl say that Keith' amps define the stage volume? Since he ist still playing the same amps and they do not have a master volume I don't think stage volume has changed.
Maybe the stage layout is different so the drum mics pick up less amp sound?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 8, 2019 19:00

JoT839

Did the sound engineer step it up so it wasn't needed anymore?

Maybe because the Setlist (+Lyrics) will now be displayed on (inexpensive & lightweight) Flatscreens in front at the edge of the stage?

See here: [Twitter.com] - (ASUS-Display).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 19:35 by Irix.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 8, 2019 19:36

The last time I recall seeing the pexiglas with the set list written on it was in 2006...and I saw SWAY written clear as day and I was thrilled! Felt like I was cheating because I knew all of the songs they were about to play..it was GREAT! I had no idea WHY they used these screens....now I know!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 8, 2019 19:47

I'm waiting for "Plexi" to chime in on this.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 8, 2019 21:27

By paying attention to the plexi edits before show start you could see the changes of the songs they would play, as compared to the previous show. I remember at Brixton Academy London 1995 they wiped out all songs and wrote a competely new set list. Made great expectations of course.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 9, 2019 02:29

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 04:37 by Toru A.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 9, 2019 03:27

I think the setlist is on it

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 9, 2019 13:20

firebird
Spud

Didn't Darryl say that Keith' amps define the stage volume? Since he ist still playing the same amps and they do not have a master volume I don't think stage volume has changed.

Yes, there could be other factors ...and those Tweed Twins will certainly still be louder than many back line amps today...but nothing like as loud as when they were augmented by additional power amps and cabs.

[Live Sound reinforcement has come a long way in recent years ...but I still have sort of masochistic nostalgia for the stomach flapping, painful and deafening sound levels of old...the days when if you were standing near the bass bins FOS you had all on not to be sick grinning smiley ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-09 13:30 by Spud.

Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 14:49

Brilliant! It was there for Charlie's health!

The new solution with a built-in exhaust fan in Keith ashtray is awesome! Long live Charlie and the Stones!

(I think we can all attest that Keith's amp is still wonderfully loud up front...)

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: April 9, 2019 15:29

Spud
firebird
Spud

Yes, there could be other factors ...and those Tweed Twins will certainly still be louder than many back line amps today...but nothing like as loud as when they were augmented by additional power amps and cabs.

[Live Sound reinforcement has come a long way in recent years ...but I still have sort of masochistic nostalgia for the stomach flapping, painful and deafening sound levels of old...the days when if you were standing near the bass bins FOS you had all on not to be sick grinning smiley ]

Yeah, I know what you are talking about smileys with beer But I have to be careful regarding my hearing these days

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 9, 2019 18:05

They are now using inner ear monitors. Are they still using amps on stage?

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 9, 2019 18:33

daspyknows
They are now using inner ear monitors. Are they still using amps on stage?

Only Mick uses IEMs.

Ronnie and Keith still use wedges and side fills?

There are wedges all along the catwalk, right?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:37

The plexiglass thread was legendary. Too lazy to search for it....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 9, 2019 20:50

WelshEdge1

Ronnie and Keith still use wedges and side fills? There are wedges all along the catwalk, right?

See this Twitter-Picture - (by Mick, 25-Oct-2017).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home