Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolingos
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 15:42

Just watched "Ole Ole Ole" and have to hand it to the fans from Argentina. I am huge Stones fan and been accused of being a closet Dead Head (I am a fan) but that all pales in comparison to the Rolingos/Rolingas! The crowd shot during "Out of Control" is incredible. The passion seems unsurpassed. I could be wrong, but that was as wild of concert scene as I have come across in terms of passionate fans.

It's hard for me to imagine that people were locked up for listening to the music that I so freely enjoyed, especially in my youth. I understand it happened in other countries as well. Living in South Florida and seeing the Stones here numerous times over years I have run across some fans from Argentina. They are easy to spot with flags and or shirts. This time I will make a point to introduce my self (not as a man of wealth and taste!) as a fan of theirs.

Re: Rolingos
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:39

chrism13
Just watched "Ole Ole Ole" and have to hand it to the fans from Argentina. I am huge Stones fan and been accused of being a closet Dead Head (I am a fan) but that all pales in comparison to the Rolingos/Rolingas! The crowd shot during "Out of Control" is incredible. The passion seems unsurpassed. I could be wrong, but that was as wild of concert scene as I have come across in terms of passionate fans.

It's hard for me to imagine that people were locked up for listening to the music that I so freely enjoyed, especially in my youth. I understand it happened in other countries as well. Living in South Florida and seeing the Stones here numerous times over years I have run across some fans from Argentina. They are easy to spot with flags and or shirts. This time I will make a point to introduce my self (not as a man of wealth and taste!) as a fan of theirs.

I too have seen these fabulously enthusiastic Argentinian fans many times on my Stones travels. They probably top the list of most lively Stones audiences with the rest of South America close behind.

Southern Europe is good for enthusiastic audiences too. For Northern Europe, try Scotland and East/Central Europe it's hard to beat the Poles.

All in my experience of course thumbs up

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:45

just watched Ole Ole Ole yesterday and have to agree that I was a little emotional watching it. Great fans in South America!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:59

Yeah,met some Rolingas at the Amsterdam 2017 gig. Nice women

And the scots were great at the zedinburgj gig

Jeroen

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 8, 2019 17:19

Complete nutcases, every one of 'em...

....In a very good way of course.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 17:53

I’m afraid that Argetinean fans use to tell a story that deserves to be better verified... how can it be that records of the Rolling Stones were regularly pressed and sold in Argentina and people were sent to prison if they listened to records they could buy in the shops? It sounds a little bit strange to me...

Date: April 11, 2019 06:40

I remember catching the tail end of it on TV a year or two ago when I was channel surfing with my mom. She noted how everyone-- band and fans-- was so energetic, so I explained how it was the Stones' first time ever playing there! That made her try finding the full show!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 11, 2019 11:27

Their passion is contagious, it's like the Maracana 95 Gig, the audience is rocking harder than the Band, and that lifts their performance to meet them. I wish they had released that gig instead of Miami, it's one of my fave Boots

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 15:44

I spotted a argentina fan coming out after the concert in Cardiff, i went and shook his hand he must have thought i was crazy. smileys with beerhot smiley

Date: April 11, 2019 15:59

As a US citizen, I always thought that if there was one other country that I would love to see the stones in it would be England (London). Now it appears to be Argentina!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:08

I'm from the US and traveled to Buenos Aires for one of the February 2016 shows. Hands down the most wild concert experience of my life. The place went absolutely berserk when the Stones came on. We were standing to the right of the soundboard and by the time the swell of people had calmed down we were about 20 yards in front of where we started. Literally lifted off our feet. If all the people around me weren't so calm and psyched I would have had a panic attack.

Stones fans aside, B.A. is a fantastic city. red meat and red wine!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:25

chrism13
As a US citizen, I always thought that if there was one other country that I would love to see the stones in it would be England (London). Now it appears to be Argentina!

London Stones Audiences aren't particularly excitable in my experience. Appreciative yes but excitable not really. I've seen them there 9 times since 1990.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 11, 2019 18:45

Not even close. When it comes to Stones fans, there's Argentina and then everywhere else

Date: April 12, 2019 14:42

All rock-bands Stones, AC/DC, Gunners, Foo Fighters..everyone knows that the most rabid, insane, best rockers are down in Argentina. They know this and have probably taken this on as a challenge by now; to get even crazier.
I thought Ole was great too. But the film that really impressed me in a deeper way was the Havana film. By the time the Stones hit the stage, and you see the people in tears, it was hard not to get choked up too. The footage of Havana, the ballet was gorgeous.

Date: April 12, 2019 15:46

Was disappointed me about the Cuba show is that it seemed very much like all the other shows on the tour, musically speaking. This was a special show and I did not notice anything extra music wise. I think they did the local choir on YCAGWYW as they did on the other stops. Cuba has such talented musicians. could have had a great jazz band open or have some players sit in w/ them. I understand they could not rock the boat too much but would have like to have seen more of a cuban flavor.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 16:42

1963luca0
I’m afraid that Argetinean fans use to tell a story that deserves to be better verified... how can it be that records of the Rolling Stones were regularly pressed and sold in Argentina and people were sent to prison if they listened to records they could buy in the shops? It sounds a little bit strange to me...

Ha ha ha of course not true! There's a local tradition of "I was arrested for having long hair" "I was arrested for listening to rock music" but it's just a myth. The seventies were very hard here, with military dictatorship, but local rock scene was a small one, and the dictators were looking on more "radical" artists, in folklore scene specially. I made a post a few yeas here with a Nicky Hopkins interview from those years, when he came with Joe Cocker. He was amazed with all the knowledge of English music and his carrer!
Rock music, and specially English music, were very well known. Beatles and Stones, but my father also listen to Hendrix, Procol Harum, Who, Moody Blues, all available in weird local editions or with people travelling from England. At that time, English culture was well viewed here, and upper classes did use clothes from "Harrod's, Gath and Chavez".
I still find strange when Mick or Keith tells "we didn't know how famous we were there". My father and all of his friends, and many people now in their 70's, know the Stones and have the records. All in local editions, which makes me think that Decca didn't know really what was happening, so maybe Argentinean market was illegal? I have a 45 (in fact, is a single 33!!) with Come on, Off the hook, and on the other side Grown up wrong and I want to be loved. It says "Under license of London Records Inc New York USA". Really weird track listing!
And about passion yes, we're that kind, sometimes closer to brainless. But it's not a Stones reaction, it was the same with Ramones playing in River, and Ac/DC, I saw it with Kiss. Many people there don't know what is happening in the stage. To the European point of view is such an experience. The last time, I met Ben Waters, he came to Buenos Aires just to watch the Stones here!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 16:43

chrism13

The right name for this post is "Rolingas", both women and men are called "rolinga", plural "Rolingas"

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home