Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Shawn Smith, band Brad
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 8, 2019 13:35

Shawn passed away on April 5 from diabetes complications at age 53. He was a musician's musician in Seattle. Also played a big part on "Black Love" by Afghan Whigs. 1 of my favorite records of all time. April 5 has bad mojo for Seattle music. Kurt, Layne & now Shawn all died on that day. He will be missed.

Re: OT: RIP Shawn Smith, band Brad
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:46

That's a pity. He seemed like a good spirit. Got to meet him last summer when he was participating in a benefit for a program for Seattle musicians dealing with substance abuse issues at the Neptune Theater. He came into my shop and was very happy to find a sealed copy of Brad's self-titled album on cassette. I had no idea who he was until he said. "that's my band. I don't have a copy of this."

RIP

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 8, 2019 16:51

Great voice and made some memorable recordings with BRAD and Satchel, their first album is really terrific.

If you have VR headset (like an Oculus GO) you can enjoy 20' of Brad's concert at the Trabendo in 2013 : [www.youtube.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 8, 2019 19:20

Javadave
That's a pity. He seemed like a good spirit. Got to meet him last summer when he was participating in a benefit for a program for Seattle musicians dealing with substance abuse issues at the Neptune Theater. He came into my shop and was very happy to find a sealed copy of Brad's self-titled album on cassette. I had no idea who he was until he said. "that's my band. I don't have a copy of this."

RIP

Did he buy it? (And is there a self-titled album?) There are 2 CD versions of the first album, Shame. The original (Epic) has a hidden track with some swearing; it was dropped on the Loosegroove reissue, at Shawn's behest. I'm not sure if he was pulling my leg, but he told me he originally wanted to call the band Shame. The name was owned by an a-hole who refused to let them use it. His name was Brad ...

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 8, 2019 23:23

Yeah, he bought it. I didn't notice if it had a title or not. It had a purple cover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home