Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
let's spent the night together, concert film usa tour 81
Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 9, 2005 10:31

This is so great, full off high lights, can you post your favorite five highlights of this film, mine are(no paricular order),1. The intro of you cant a get w u want(Keith and mick so great together, and listen to those drums deep bass dr bit reaggae feel),2. The intro of neighbours( Mick and keith rush to the front of the stage right in time with the music)3.the mood at the beginning of beast of burden, and than when keith goes onto the part of the stage that goes very close to the audience.that close up of him wauww.4.The very start of the concert still behind the curtain with that jazz song playing, and than into under my thumb.5.When Ronnie is running around like a madman and you see keith looking like what the @#$%&, the singing of ron and keith during just my imagination hahaha ron attacing mick mick trowing ron over the shoulder... aahhhh it's almost one big highlight, what do you think?

Re: let's spent the night together, concert film usa tour 81
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 9, 2005 10:38

Under my Thumb as an opener is the best ever, and the version of Let it Bleed is for me another highlight. Keith's little solo on that - the second best ever

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 9, 2005 11:06

Some people hate it.

I love it! It's my all time favorite. It's very 80's, you know? The sunset on Beast Of Burden fits exactly with the song. It's the ultimate Stones movie. Infact, it's the ultimate concert movie ever. Highlights... I can't even pick. Everything is magic. Under My Thumb is the ultimate opener. Ronnie's soloing is great on every song, he's full of energy. The guitar's are upfront in the mix(REALLY upront, like they're supposed to be). No back-up singers. Just Keith and Ron doing back-up vocals, I love that.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: October 9, 2005 13:49

is stones at the max a movie for u ? for me it's the best (for a movie)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 9, 2005 14:10

At The Max is surely a good one too. But the best (Not counting FF) is the VL concert film.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 9, 2005 14:35

Shezeboss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is stones at the max a movie for u ? for me it's
> the best (for a movie)

yeah I know it, is also very good, but I was referring at all the funny/magic things goin on at lets spent the night together, it has something very very special about it, at least in my opinion.But theses something to say for every concert film of them, its so variated, I also like the bluesy sound of hide park.

Date: October 9, 2005 14:53

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> At The Max is surely a good one too. But the best
> (Not counting FF) is the VL concert film.
>
>
> "Better than suicide"

Yeah I missed that one, is it still commercially available somewhere?

Posted by: ROUL ()
Date: October 9, 2005 15:19

opener ''under my thumb'' is good at album''still life'' but in concert''lets...'' keith play wrong the line in the beggining,its so sad...but iloved this film its one of bests.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: October 9, 2005 15:31

Its a great film concert. The intro is amazing. showing the preparation for the concert backstage, and then when the curtains opens, showing all that sea of people!!!!
I even get dizzy!!! I remenber the impact of that particular entrance with Under My Thumb on stage, used the cause on the cinema screen among me and my friends
Just watch around 18.30 min, while they play Just My Imagination, when Keith and Ron come running to share a microphone, keith nearlys misses and if you watch carefuly they are sharing also something beside the micro. a cigarret or a joint!!!Its lot of smoke coming from the floor...LOL!!
Another highlights for me are ...She so cold , showing lots of things from backstage, Mick getting kissed by the girls. Ronnie coming late and Mick shoutting at him...Etc Etc Etc I love this film, Very well directed by the late Hal Ashby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-09 17:56 by Riffbuk.

Date: October 9, 2005 16:06

That stage is their best.

Any idea where it could be now?

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: October 10, 2005 05:11

is this on dvd?

john scialfa

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 10, 2005 07:27

mick getting angry at ron (ron was drinking to much maybe)
i love the way mick dances and prances around the stage.

Date: October 10, 2005 08:11

backstreetboy Wrote:
> is this on dvd?
>
> john scialfa

I dont know, I still have this one on the old video

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 10, 2005 08:14

I saw this in a movie theatre on the wide screen when it first came out. I was about 9 years old. Its what turned me into a Stones addict. They became a lot more than just songs I heard on the radio or a record on the turntable. My mom took me, my little sister and stepsister.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: October 10, 2005 09:38

I have ordered a Japanese version of the DVD some time ago from a Swiss on-line retailer. So, yes, it exist on DVD

Sjouk

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 10, 2005 09:47

It's a very fast film and it has been an e vent by the time it was shown. The way they filmed the concerts was very different for the first time. The angles the wide angle etc. Really good. What I don't like today is the speed of the Songs just played one after another. But it's still a lot of fun to watch.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: October 10, 2005 09:52

Great movie but it's a shame that the second half is edited a lot just to have all songs in it.
It would have been better to skip 5 songs and show the rest complete.

Date: October 10, 2005 12:28

I Have the DVD. Its a Brazilian edition, No extras, but the quality is rather good!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2005 12:34

i have what i've been told is the "European version" of it, called Rocks Off.
apparently there's less editing on it than on the one called LSTNT,
but since i've never seen that one, i don't know what the differences are.
maybe someone has (or has seen) both and could be persuaded to compare them?
i'm curious.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: October 10, 2005 13:15

Try this one! It´s what I got!!
[www.fnac.pt]

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: October 10, 2005 14:18

[www.wom.de]

This is the Japanese version that I have...

Sjouke

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: October 10, 2005 14:35

with sssoul, would you be interested in a trade? I have the Brazilian LSTNT version (exc. quality) but am looking for the Rocks Off version as well. Mail me off board if you're interested.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-10 14:41 by Greg.

Posted by: J.Marty ()
Date: October 10, 2005 15:08

One of the highlights in the movie (my opinion) is when Bill Wyman (amazing outfit!) takes out a big pack of smokes from his pocket and then lights a cigarette just seconds before the song (don't remember which one) takes off. He never loses his face nor the beat and his playing is amazing.

J.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 10, 2005 15:22

Greg, you've got email ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: rock'nroller ()
Date: October 12, 2005 02:15

Great memories from this concert film. The guitar bash. The frenzied pace of the music. The stage. Young Keith & Ronnie. I loved the video behind Just My Imagination, roaming all around the stadium...Who cares Mick yelled the whole way thru!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 12, 2005 03:09

mick also gets pissed at keith towards the end of imagination, mick is looking for keith to end the song and keith just turns his back on him and walks away, mick rolls his eyes and mouths @#$%& at keith, i think this was the start of the riff in the 80s

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 12, 2005 03:38

I liked the bit where they're playing Just My Imagination and keith & Ronnie are sharing the same mic doing back up vocals.

If I remember right, Keith puts his cigarette on the stage to sing a line, and Ronnie picks it up, takes a quick puff and sings the next line without missing a beat.

Great stuff....its really beautifully filmed (picking that Sun Devil Stadium was an inspired choice) and that opening shot of the stadium from above at the start of Under my Thumb is an ever enduring image.

Agree with what was said about the songs being edited, however.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 12, 2005 03:41

i would love to see "Lets Spend the Night Together" at the Imax theatre!!! the sea of people on that huge screen would be priceless

Posted by: gut ()
Date: October 12, 2005 04:59

===Under my Thumb as an opener is the best ever=====

For sure, the greatest ever.
I used to get pumped up by that song. Just the anticipation was great

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 12, 2005 12:07

I also like Let's spend the night, but eh, have you seen Ladies and Gentlemen?? Or @#$%& Blues? Or the Altamont bit on Gimmie SHelter? BUt yeah, it's a good film and Keith and Ronnie play really really well, both of them. Listen to the interplay on T&A. The solo on Let it bleed would have made a grand finale for Keith. The only bad thing is Micks cloths. Goddamnit, it will vener look good not even after 24 years. And I dont care for Keiths white shirt.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home