Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Surgery Succesful!!!!!!!!
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 5, 2019 04:07

Great news!

The hell with the tour. Be well and when you are ready we will be waiting for you...Best regards Mick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 04:12 by James Kirk.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 5, 2019 04:11

Seems to be great news...take your time,Mick...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2019 04:47

Well Stent Me Up!

(good natured jokes now permissible)

I concur, take all the time to heal up really well. Sounds like it is pretty quick recovery time which is great news.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 5, 2019 05:35

Yeah, good to hear. Hope Mick recovers and is back feeling strong after the procedure.

Lions however, don’t heal like humans Mick is likely to be back quicker than most!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 5, 2019 06:40

hot smiley Thank the GOOD LORD! I wondered if they were throwing us all a curve saying the surgery was on Friday.....I couldn't care less about that! Rest well, Mick and listen to your doctors! See you real soon! smileys with beer

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: April 5, 2019 06:43

Hoisting the Mickeys right now!!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 5, 2019 07:06

Nice to hear everything is going well for Mick as planned. Certainly he will be in Jumping Jack form in no time.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 5, 2019 08:12

frankotero
Nice to hear everything is going well for Mick as planned. Certainly he will be in Jumping Jack form in no time.
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: novica ()
Date: April 5, 2019 08:14

Thank God !!!
now Mick, i know it is hard, especially for you, but try, please, not to run around planet couple of days winking smiley

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 5, 2019 08:41

Great news! smiling bouncing smiley

I hope he gets well soon.

Time to celebrate!

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: April 5, 2019 08:56

Oh it is a great news !
Get well soon Mick !

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: April 5, 2019 08:59

Good news!thumbs up

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 5, 2019 09:12

Great news! Excellent decision to do this procedure without delay. Rest up and
take your time with training.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 5, 2019 09:34

Good.jeroen

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 5, 2019 09:50

good news!

Date: April 5, 2019 09:53

Well alright! That’s great news.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 5, 2019 09:54

Nice surprise that it's done and dusted.

Great for Mick...and great that some of the sillier speculation and gossip can now cease.

What we should perhaps be thankful for is that Mick did as he was told and got it sorted ...rather than delaying it and perhaps putting his health at genuine risk with the exertions of the tour.

Wishing him a speedy recovery .

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 5, 2019 10:05

The case of Mick Jagger shows that spreading serious information is the best they can do to avoid speculation. Even superstars are human beings, so what could they lose if they tell the fans what happened?

About the tour, it's very simple: Either Mick will be able to do it or not. It's as simple as that. And if he should never more be able to do stadium gigs but wants to perform they can alsways do concerts on a smaller scale (even if there is not that much Money to be made).

Anyway, I wish him all the best, and (according to a song by Van Morrison): Thanks for the Information!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 5, 2019 10:19

saltoftheearth
The case of Mick Jagger shows that spreading serious information is the best they can do to avoid speculation. Even superstars are human beings, so what could they lose if they tell the fans what happened?

About the tour, it's very simple: Either Mick will be able to do it or not. It's as simple as that. And if he should never more be able to do stadium gigs but wants to perform they can alsways do concerts on a smaller scale (even if there is not that much Money to be made).

Anyway, I wish him all the best, and (according to a song by Van Morrison): Thanks for the Information!

Totally agree thumbs up

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 5, 2019 11:02

Hope Keef, Ronnie, Bill, Mick T and Charlie are wishing Sir Mick a speedy recovery, maybe do the tour next year and just spend a few weekends working on the new cd, nice n slow steady eddy

Re: Mick Jagger heart valve procedure successful
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:17

Wishing Mick a swift recovery and precious time with family and friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 15:39 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Marylou59 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:22

Great surprise !I thought the operation was planned for today and I took a look here just in case,like I do so often.
Great news ! I am so happy for Mick and his family and close friends !

But I have also mixed emotions : my husband and I had all booked for 2 shows, Santa Clara and East Rutherford... Coming from France we had organized a nice trip in May and a second one in June, so by now we are really undecided on what to do next...

But as said We are so happy for Mick !

Marylou from france

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:32

Great news! Now it's the hardest part in the process for Mick - be still and do nothing...

Someone in the other thread quessed it right - the info about the operation to be done in Friday - and probably the location - was tactically leaked wrong. Altogether, interestingly handled by PR machine. Officially say nothing concrete but just an vague general description open for any interpretation, which, of course, caused a lot of speculation - but also attention. Then slow it down by leaking more concrete details, but giving the date (and probably the location) wrong for the operation to give Mick a chance to to do it without no any extra attention. Now leak the news about succesful operation.

I wouldn't be surprised if officially the initial statement will remain the only official word of the case. The next we will hear officially is when they are giving new tour dates and mentioning that Mick is back in form. Like nothing extraordinary has happened.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 14:21 by Doxa.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:36

Great news.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:39

Doxa
Great news! Now it's the hardest part in the process for Mick - be still and do nothing...

Someone in the other thread quessed it right - the info about the operation to be done in Friday was tactically leaked wrong. Altogether, interestingly handled by PR machine. Officially say nothing concrete but just an vague general description open for any interpretation, which, of course, caused a lot of speculation - but also attention. Then slow it down by leaking more concrete details, but giving the date wrong for the operation to give Mick a chance to to do it without no any extra attention. Now leak the news about succesful operation.

I wouldn't be surprised if officially the initial statement will remain the only official word of the case. The next we will hear officially is when they are giving new tour dates and mentioning that Mick is back in form. Like nothing extraordinary has happened.

- Doxa

thumbs up
I had to chuckle at this news, and the instant suspicion that today [Friday] had been intentionally "leaked" to lead the sniffer dogs astray.

Inside knowledge that it would be done & dusted so quickly obviously negated the need for any significant release of information [...or disinformation for that matter.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 12:41 by Spud.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:41

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:44

Take the times it needs to recover Mick. Be patient.
Don’t hurry, we can wait for the tour.

I suppose greedy promoters are insisting for the tour to start.
Tell them to fu%@ off !!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 12:47 by RiffKichards.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 12:49

Excellent news. Now we move on to the vital rest and recovery phase, difficult for Mick, because he's such an active person with a busy mind. Take all the time you need and more, sir - vital! I'm sure his family will have words.

Well done to his publicists for leaking disinformation re date and location of op. A clever move to divert attention.

Date: April 5, 2019 12:57

That's good news. Go Jagger, whatever you do. thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 5, 2019 13:42

Spud

Inside knowledge that it would be done & dusted so quickly obviously negated the need for any significant release of information [...or disinformation for that matter.]

Yep, due it to be done so quickly and having it under the control, all the shock (among us fans) and the speculation in all-over media (of which they surely were awere of to happen) was just a question of a few days. It didn't kill any of us (probably just made us a bit to realize that nothing should be taken for granted - they are mortals, and, not here for good) and having whatever kind of publicity is not any big deal for old celebrity like Jagger whose private life has been a target of whatever kind of speculation for ages. Let the media have their field day, nothing new there; it will be soon forgotten. To keep officially a low profile of the whole thing, just give a formal and minimal explanation, is the best damage control for the band and Mick in the long run. Had there not been a tour facing them (to be postponed) I doubt would there ever been any offical word of Mick's operation. Mick, very carefully distancing his private life from public persona, most likely will follow this official line, and we will not hear from him much about the heart problem in future. This, for example, is the line our moderator, wisely, is promoting here at IORR.

I can easily imagine Jagger going: 'Yeah, it is nice to have all that empathy and concern, but, you know, like we announced initially, you shouldn't have been worried at all in the first place, it was no big deal. Great to see you in next concert, I am eager to do it!'.

Mick Jagger the private person is mortal (having health issues and tragedies, such as the horrible suicide of his 'lover and best friend') but Mick Jagger the public performer and the one he is presenting of himself to us, is not...winking smiley There is a firm distinction there. Jagger is a master holding that distinction. If there is any book I would like to him to write that would be a textbook for any celebrity to cope with the publicity by distancing own private life from it. He might co-write it with Bob Dylan.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 13:43 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home