Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Ozzy Cancels all 2019 Tour Dates
Date: April 4, 2019 22:34

What a drag it is getting old

Re: OT: Ozzy Cancels all 2019 Tour Dates
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 4, 2019 22:37

From the OZZY Twitter account:

OZZY will postpone all his tour dates as he recovers from injury sustained while dealing with pneumonia. Ozzy fell at his Los Angeles home aggravating years-old injuries (from his 2003 ATV accident) that required surgery.

Shows will be rescheduled beginning in Feb 2020

[twitter.com]

Sad.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 4, 2019 22:39

Well, my 2nd show of the year to be postponed.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 4, 2019 22:59

Thanks for the link, Kurt.

Here's another with Ozzy's statement and rescheduled dates:

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 4, 2019 23:01

I had a ticket for Vancouver... Not a big fan of Ozzys solo stuff, but a big Sabbath fan. Megadeth on the bill was a big draw... Oh well! Roll on Pixies and Weezer Sunday night!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 4, 2019 23:09

Curious what Judas Priest will do in the meantime...

They were on the bill for Europe and the UK. Anyone have a ticket for that gig?

Hopin' they add more US shows, especially here in Ohio! Huber Heights, please! It's only been 29 years since a gig in Dayton, that's not too much to ask is it?

Failing that, Priest needs to settle things with KK and get him and Richie in rehearsals for the next round... Please!

Date: April 4, 2019 23:34

megadeth was opening a bunch of shows too

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 4, 2019 23:58

TKinOH

Hopin' they add more US shows, especially here in Ohio! Huber Heights, please! It's only been 29 years since a gig in Dayton, that's not too much to ask is it?

Failing that, Priest needs to settle things with KK and get him and Richie in rehearsals for the next round... Please!

I'm seeing Priest in Abbotsford just outside Vancouver on June 17 with guests Uriah Heep. I agree with getting KK Downing back in the band! From what I've read, it seems he and Glenn Tipton had disagreements.

Date: April 5, 2019 02:46

KK's book is a good read, not salacious like some of our other heroes' tales...

It seems he did disagree with the course taken by the band, which he claims was pushed by Glenn directly to management... they all went along with it to keep the Metal Machine running, and he eventually had enough of it.

Saw on Blabbermouth just yesterday where Richie Faulkner says he's never spoken with KK, and doesn't think the others have recently, either. I can see both sides, but it'd be epic if they could come together and at least talk, even if it came to nothing...

Andy Sneap did a decent job in Wilkes Barre, though he seemed rightfully nervous, and seemed much more relaxed in Cincinnati, the 2 shows I saw for Firepower.

But, Glenn and KK flows off the tongue just like Mick and Keith... it's hard to hear of the behind-the-scenes workings of our rockers sometimes.

I'm hoping Priest can talk it out, and would love to see KK and Richie shred, which could only happen with Glenn's blessings.

Date: April 5, 2019 02:52

And best wishes and a healthy recovery to Ozzy, whom I met a couple times very briefly many moons ago...

We need all these guys to continue in perpetuity!!

I see very few young rockers to follow these days... guess I'm a Classic Rock fan!!

Date: April 5, 2019 03:37

TKinOH

Supposedly Andy Sneap wants to get back to producing and won't be filling in on guitar for this upcoming leg. I don't believe there's been any announcement about who the second guitarist would be.

Richie and KK together would be epic, but I don't see it happening.

I'm seeing them at Mohegan Sun in May, so I guess we'll see.

Date: April 5, 2019 03:39

TKinOH
And best wishes and a healthy recovery to Ozzy, whom I met a couple times very briefly many moons ago...

We need all these guys to continue in perpetuity!!

I see very few young rockers to follow these days... guess I'm a Classic Rock fan!!
For sure...I'm 40 but I've always been into the classic era of bands from the '60s-'80s. Tool, Pearl Jam, QOTSA, and the Foo Fighters are probably the "newest" bands that I really dig, and they're hardly new.

The next 10-15 years is really gonna suck when it comes to retirements and other sad events. There's no one on the horizon who can even come close to replacing the greats.

Date: April 5, 2019 03:42

The Stones' postponement does free me up to try and get another Priest gig in, but I'd still need to do a road trip... all my energy is focused on travelling for The Stones!! I'd rather JP was 20 minutes down the road in Dayton!

Date: April 5, 2019 03:44

The only "new" band I'm really into is Alice in Chains... love that band! But, they've been around nearly 30 years at this point, too.

First AIC gig I saw was opening for Van Halen in '91...oh, how time flies!

Date: April 5, 2019 04:17

TKinOH
The only "new" band I'm really into is Alice in Chains... love that band! But, they've been around nearly 30 years at this point, too.

First AIC gig I saw was opening for Van Halen in '91...oh, how time flies!
Yeah, the grunge bands still feel "newer" to me, even though they're older than the Stones were when the Stones were first considered ancient.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2019 04:26

Get well OZZY!

Believer

hot smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 8, 2019 06:48

I'm sure Sharon is SO UPSET!!! I have nothing against Ozzy but his BITCH of a wife has made some very disparaging remarks about Mick, comparing him to Ozzy....and I wonder if Sharon was happy to hear about Mick's heart surgery...she is a real witchy piece of work. Yes, all the best to Ozzy...he should ditch the bitch!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 8, 2019 07:03

mickschix
I'm sure Sharon is SO UPSET!!! I have nothing against Ozzy but his BITCH of a wife has made some very disparaging remarks about Mick, comparing him to Ozzy....and I wonder if Sharon was happy to hear about Mick's heart surgery...she is a real witchy piece of work. Yes, all the best to Ozzy...he should ditch the bitch!

Uh... I'm sure Team Mick is very grateful for your "support".

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: April 8, 2019 09:46

Didn’t Ozzy do a ”No more tours” -farewell tour a while ago?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2019 09:51

…… uuuuummmmmmm ….. [www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 8, 2019 19:33

GASLIGHTSTREET, my comment was just an expression of distain for comments Sharon made about Mick awhile ago that were totally out of line and disparaging...yes, I took offense. She made them on her talk show so they were VERY public and showed obvious jealousy.....and I'm guessing it is not Ozzy's view. I can't remember word for word what she said but it was a comparison between Mick and Ozzy....like " my guy is better than Mick Jagger"...garbage...very childish. I'm not sure what YOUR point is...

Date: April 8, 2019 20:00

mickschix
GASLIGHTSTREET, my comment was just an expression of distain for comments Sharon made about Mick awhile ago that were totally out of line and disparaging...yes, I took offense. She made them on her talk show so they were VERY public and showed obvious jealousy.....and I'm guessing it is not Ozzy's view. I can't remember word for word what she said but it was a comparison between Mick and Ozzy....like " my guy is better than Mick Jagger"...garbage...very childish. I'm not sure what YOUR point is...
Wow, really?

I get sticking up for your husband, but c'mon...Ozzy at his peak isn't even close to Mick as a frontman.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 8, 2019 23:43

keefriff99
Ozzy at his peak isn't even close to Mick as a frontman.

"C'MON, CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!" >grinning smiley<

Date: April 9, 2019 00:04

dcba
keefriff99
Ozzy at his peak isn't even close to Mick as a frontman.

"C'MON, CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!" >grinning smiley<
I love Black Sabbath and most of Ozzy's solo output, but he's rather, ahem, limited when it comes to stage moves and banter.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 9, 2019 01:08

He's done. If Sharon tries to put him on tour in 2020 it'll probably kill him.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: April 9, 2019 04:03

I shudder to think what this Crazy Train wreck will sound like in 2020. Tell Sharon to f**k off Ozz, it’s time to retire before you embarrass yourself further on stage.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 9, 2019 06:45

padre69
Didn’t Ozzy do a ”No more tours” -farewell tour a while ago?

In 1992.

I was at the farewell show!

Also at the last show to date NYE at the Forum.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 9, 2019 18:00

There was a clip from last year where he started singing right in the middle of Zakk Wylde's guitar solo, was pretty bad!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home