Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: so many newbees at this site
Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:03

In one of my first posts on this forum I suggested that the Stones should call it a day before they became a parody of themselves. My aim was to provoke some kind of reaction, and I sure got it. People went complete berserk, it was quite entertaining.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:14

NilsHolgersson
What would be a Stones newbee? Fan since Bigger Bang? The 90s? The 80s? Since Some Girls?

Since they let the new guy in...what's his name, that guitar player with spikey hair?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:16

LOL, am I newbie? Saw my first show at 18 in 1999, been a member here for over 10 years. But compared to some of you that's a kick in the bucket.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:40

Spud
I think we also fall into categories in another sense too.

Most of us, I believe, visit these pages with a real interest in what other folks think....

..whilst a few visit primarily to impose their own thoughts and views on others.

And It's usually quite easy to tell one type from the other .winking smiley

I guess i'm guilty some, i think it's natural to be confused when others disagree so vehemently, i tend to just come away from here sometimes thinking, i'm the bad guy for having an opinion.
But yeah , for sure, fascinated by other peoples opinions and why they can't see what appears so obvious to me. Yes i was a bit of a dick the other day saying Mick would tour without Keith if Keith didn't want to go, that train has definitely passed and i was being provocative on purpose to annoy a certain individual. Guilty again , who's perfect winking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:41

Witness
Spud

Most of us, I believe, visit these pages with a real interest in what other folks think....

..whilst a few visit primarily to impose their own thoughts and views on others.

Not everyone of the said latter category do impose their own thoughts on others though. Instead they make it our privilege to share those thoughts if we want to. And they may love to meet differing points of view, because it stimulates them to think further.
Exactly so ...wouldn't quarrel with that.

The important thing, both on these pages and in life, is to be open to changing our views when folks present us with a convincing argument. grinning smiley

[Something I have to do a lot...because I'm typically wrong about everything ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 16:56 by Spud.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 5, 2019 18:28

keithsman
retired_dog
keithsman
J.J.Flash
me and stonestod and cindy c and stonesprincess are here

Had a feeling StonesTod was hiding somewhere still sticking the boot into me lol.
Explains a lot.

Well, if you've got the feeling that bloodhounds and watchdogs are at your feet, you'd better seek some professional help.

Meanwhile, some self-criticism and restraint could also be helpful:

[iorr.org]

This feels like being stalked, can you back off please.

Don't worry, it only feels like it! But that can happen when, according to your own words, you are "provocative on purpose to annoy" certain people here.
Anyway, for stalking you are just not important enough. Remember that this message board is not about you and your inner fights, nor should it serve as a vehicle to transport agendas against band members. A bit more restraint please and you'll probably get the love you ask for.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 18:37 by retired_dog.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 5, 2019 18:49

Spud
Witness
Spud

Not everyone of the said latter category do impose their own thoughts on others though. Instead they make it our privilege to share those thoughts if we want to. And they may love to meet differing points of view, because it stimulates them to think further.
Exactly so ...wouldn't quarrel with that.

The important thing, both on these pages and in life, is to be open to changing our views when folks present us with a convincing argument. grinning smiley

[Something I have to do a lot...because I'm typically wrong about everything ]

*Some of ‘us’ just love Mick Jagger drinking smiley
Kinda simple.
Oh yeah yeah the music, too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 18:52 by 35love.

Date: April 5, 2019 21:01

mnewman505
LOL, am I newbie? Saw my first show at 18 in 1999, been a member here for over 10 years. But compared to some of you that's a kick in the bucket.

you don't even have the street cred of Darryl yet!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 5, 2019 21:13

mnewman505

This is me +1 year.

Date: April 5, 2019 21:14

Svartmer
In one of my first posts on this forum I suggested that the Stones should call it a day before they became a parody of themselves. My aim was to provoke some kind of reaction, and I sure got it. People went complete berserk, it was quite entertaining.

Coughdickcoughcough.

Date: April 5, 2019 21:16

treaclefingers
mnewman505

you don't even have the street cred of Darryl yet!

grinning smiley How does one attain the next level, can we get a rundown of the levels? grinning smiley

Date: April 5, 2019 22:21

I don't post that much any longer - not recently - but I've been on this site since circa 1995-96.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 5, 2019 22:32

retired_dog
keithsman
retired_dog
keithsman
J.J.Flash
me and stonestod and cindy c and stonesprincess are here

Had a feeling StonesTod was hiding somewhere still sticking the boot into me lol.
Explains a lot.

Well, if you've got the feeling that bloodhounds and watchdogs are at your feet, you'd better seek some professional help.

Meanwhile, some self-criticism and restraint could also be helpful:

[iorr.org]

This feels like being stalked, can you back off please.

Don't worry, it only feels like it! But that can happen when, according to your own words, you are "provocative on purpose to annoy" certain people here.
Anyway, for stalking you are just not important enough. Remember that this message board is not about you and your inner fights, nor should it serve as a vehicle to transport agendas against band members. A bit more restraint please and you'll probably get the love you ask for.

Err hello, stalking much grinning smiley

Seriously though i wasn't trying to annoy you, i seem to do that without even trying winking smiley

Date: April 5, 2019 23:56

Paddy
Svartmer

Coughdickcoughcough.

I had a svartmer on my left shoulder blade which was benign...it was annoying so I ultimately had it removed.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 6, 2019 00:20

Svartmer

Way to go, Svartmer. People went berserk because they recognized a word of truth there of course. And we can't have that...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-06 00:24 by Stoneage.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: April 6, 2019 15:13

1982? Donations? Magazine? Oh yeah man that is way back! And in thought I was an old timer after 12 years...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 6, 2019 16:13

NilsHolgersson
What would be a Stones newbee? Fan since Bigger Bang? The 90s? The 80s? Since Some Girls?

Ron Wood

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: April 7, 2019 00:29

Green Lady
Still here, watching new people having the old arguments - don't often feel I have anything new worth saying.

Same goes for me. I read once in a while and write very infrequently.

But at 72 I am still alive and counting...

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 13, 2019 03:33

If you're old school, you can't forget the poster FERRANTE 9. He was a Macca lover who constantly ripped the Stones and professed his love for everything Macca. He just tried to get under your skin. Sometimes it worked on people. LOL.Anyone remember this knucklehead.He just vanished one day.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 13, 2019 04:33

Sparkly Top has been here 14 years and still here for all things Stones. There is only one BV

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home