Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: so many newbees at this site
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 3, 2019 03:26

...and so many veterans backing off. There must be quite a turnover here! -Just my impression...

Re: OT: so many newbees at this site
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 3, 2019 03:58

Just curious: How did you come to this conclusion regarding who's coming in and going out on the site?

Date: April 3, 2019 04:20

-As I said, just my impression (suspicion).

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:21

Speaking for myself, I haven’t logged in for 2 years but I’ve creeped the forum occasionally without logging in ... finally decided to log back in a few days ago when all this mick stuff happened.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:22

agree

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:25

alieb
Speaking for myself, I haven’t logged in for 2 years but I’ve creeped the forum occasionally without logging in ... finally decided to log back in a few days ago when all this mick stuff happened.

Welcome back! I hope you’re well.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:27

noughties
-As I said, just my impression (suspicion).

I've had that impression too.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2019 04:27

with Shidoobee not what it use ta be and Drakes site
closing its door then IORR is sure to get a few immigrants ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 3, 2019 05:22

me and stonestod and cindy c and stonesprincess are here

Date: April 3, 2019 05:40

I Don't Believe You (You Act Like We Never Have Met).

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 3, 2019 07:26

Rockman

i missed out on Drake's site...what was it? i'm connected to him on LinkedIn tho!

Date: April 3, 2019 08:02

Mainly a food site …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2019 10:33

Hell, 'vintage' Stones are into their 70s, like the band. Mortality could be breakin' up that old gang of mine.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 3, 2019 12:28

Still here, watching new people having the old arguments - don't often feel I have anything new worth saying.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 3, 2019 12:49

What would be a Stones newbee? Fan since Bigger Bang? The 90s? The 80s? Since Some Girls?

Date: April 3, 2019 13:00

Rockman
I Don't Believe You (You Act Like We Never Have Met).

[youtu.be]
My favorite version of this song; matter of fact it is my favorite version of almost any song ever played. Even though Robbie's solo is an edit, it is probably even better like this.
"Her mouth was watery and wet"

Date: April 3, 2019 13:07

Heck yeah Palace … Mr Zimm shovin' them words

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 3, 2019 13:28

Green Lady
Still here, watching new people having the old arguments - don't often feel I have anything new worth saying.

For me most of the time if I say something nobody responds, if later somebody, who is one of the IORR innercrowd guys, is saying the same thing on the next page and people react like he is saying "the best thing ever told", and if that happens more than once the same day or week: yeah! That's very frustrating and than I just read and don't post for weeks/months. This happens here all the time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 13:30 by GJV.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 3, 2019 14:02

noughties
...and so many veterans backing off. There must be quite a turnover here! -Just my impression...

Agreed, it's noticeable the posters are much younger too, lots of posters have very vague memory of Keith's troubles after the fall he had, or they just forget all the facts and details. It's very difficult to have an opinion these days, increasingly hard to take a subjective view on anything, even though many of those subjective views became facts over time, and for that reason i'm out until Mick gets better. People are far too sensitive and looking for a fool guy to bash, i can see why so many posters leave, when people say things like you need your head removed you just know it's not a nice experience, so whats the point.
If i disagree with someone i explain why i disagree, i don't wish to remove their heads.
If it were Keith needing heart surgery we would have no end of " oh its because of the drink , the drugs , the cigarettes" etc, but we are not even allowed to suggest what might have caused Mick's issues, insults galore if you go near the subject, even though there are clues, no one even thinks it strange that a man in his 70's performs like that, there are obviously enhancements available to him and misuse can be fatal. We will never know the truth, but it's a shame we can't discuss the possibility's like mature adults. Heart disease in a man as fit as Mick is actually very rare even at his age, it's not hereditary, and it's a very distinct problem, one that doesn't come as a surprise to me at all.

Date: April 3, 2019 14:12

Rockman

Ya I noticed that! I looked it up yesterday (haven’t been on that one for years as well) and it now redirects to Shidoobee’s fb Page.

And thanks sometorontogirl, same to you!

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: April 3, 2019 14:29

I don´t think people are leaving because of some increasing sensitivity among the posters, that´s nothing new. But if you´ve been around for some ten years, almost every thread feels like a repeat.

Date: April 3, 2019 14:39

alieb
Rockman

Ya I noticed that! I looked it up yesterday (haven’t been on that one for years as well) and it now redirects to Shidoobee’s fb Page.

And thanks sometorontogirl, same to you!

Yeah what a prick Drake turned out to be, completely hypercritical, he did things like lets have a vote to see if the politics thread could stay, when everyone voted to keep it he deleted it anyway. Bit like Brexit lol. If someone started a thread that became of interest to many of us and the poster of the thread wished it to be removed, Drake would remove it, so everyone's efforts disappeared. BV is great, this is a one off here, nothing like it, even allowing the Bill Wyman thread to stay last week, very fair and he doesn't get swayed by people when they try to get together to get someone banned, he sees through it all, its a pity the mob are taking over though, but what goes round comes round.
Here's to another 15 years of IORR online smileys with beer

I go back as far as 82' when BV used to ask for the cash to be sent through the post, then he would send the magazine every three months, still have all the old magazines BV made, used to ring him from England and have a chat, nice times before the internet when it all started happening for iorr.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 14:50 by keithsman.

Date: April 3, 2019 14:41

"Still here, watching new people having the old arguments - don't often feel I have anything new worth saying." (green lady)

Svartmer
I don´t think people are leaving because of some increasing sensitivity among the posters, that´s nothing new. But if you´ve been around for some ten years, almost every thread feels like a repeat.

-Yeah, I sense a certain wisdom in all the absense.

Date: April 3, 2019 14:53

J.J.Flash
me and stonestod and cindy c and stonesprincess are here

Had a feeling StonesTod was hiding somewhere still sticking the boot into me lol.
Explains a lot.

Date: April 3, 2019 14:59

Also this feels like an appropriate place to mention this:
I don’t know if any of you remember brokecollegestudent, she left IORR a while before I stopped posting and joined EOMS, and then stopped posting there too... but I went to visit her in October in Ohio and we have each other on social media and are basically best friends (she is 24 I am 23)

So thank you BV for giving me a lifelong friendship!

Date: April 3, 2019 15:00

GJV
Green Lady

For me most of the time if I say something nobody responds, if later somebody, who is one of the IORR innercrowd guys, is saying the same thing on the next page and people react like he is saying "the best thing ever told", and if that happens more than once the same day or week: yeah! That's very frustrating and than I just read and don't post for weeks/months. This happens here all the time.

Yeah you will get that mate, it also happens if you are a regular like me, but not in with the in crowd, something you have been saying for ages becomes a fact and it will appear one of the mob came up with the idea, can't believe the shit i got thrown up at me about my suggestion of writers block, and here we are after 14 years and no album. God i'm tired of being right winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 3, 2019 15:04

noughties

Well you are wrong, and I can't really see why you would say so, based on a hunch. Sure fake news are popular these days, but I would expect some sort of facts in a post where you state "quite a turnover"...

Bjornulf

Date: April 3, 2019 16:29

IMO noughties's impression is justified.
I have been with Bjornulf since the 90's; and I can think of 3 veteran posters here; both personal friends/ acquaintances of mine who are on "break". I myself had taken a long break, but just can not stay away completely.
It is plain to see that RO, Shidoobee have drastically slowed down. All other boards are long gone.
There is the whole novelty of the Net that has long worn off of course. Then there is the fact that the Stones just aren't all that interesting anymore. You can not expect guys in their 70's to still constantly come up with controversy and headlines. It's a great wonder they are still rocking and performing at all.
And then to me the biggest loss on the boards has been just that we have talked it all out. Gone are all the huge debates that raged on for weeks at times. For better or worse we have 'concluded' on many of the matters. we know now where to go with a nagging question. usually they are referred straight away to the previous discussion. The beautiful threads and astonishing compilations have been stored by BV on this site; like the Ratbag Boogie, Rene's Index, Shillid's work, and Exile's ongoing comps.
there are a few old sites left like Chris M's, Ian's TIOMS, and Harold's '72 tour index.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 3, 2019 16:36

GJV
Green Lady

You are both right.

Just live life to The Four Agreements and this won't bother you as much...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2019 16:45

Palace Revolution 2000

And then to me the biggest loss on the boards has been just that we have talked it all out. Gone are all the huge debates that raged on for weeks at times. For better or worse we have 'concluded' on many of the matters.

I think this is absolutely untrue. The mundane topics (aka the "mainstream media" topics) have surely been discussed to death but the true "Stones fans" ones keep arising weekly.
For example the bunch of new UC outtakes give a brand new light on the (rather complex) making of the album (= the final product is quite different than its inception). Has this been discussed? Not (yet).

And often the consensus reached here is debatable : the Taylor years were the best ones? Tapes prove that the band was at its live peak after Taylor left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-03 16:47 by dcba.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1926
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home