Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Interview 1973 w/live clips
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:07

Apologies if this has been posted already; very cool live clips included with this '73 interview on the Australian/NZ tour. The Australian Tour Special documentary had live clips with o/d sound if I recall but this has the actual live sound.

The clip of 'Gimmer Shelter' at the end features Taylor soloing; great stuff.

[youtu.be]

Re: Mick Interview 1973 w/live clips
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 1, 2019 02:19

IrelandCalling4
Apologies if this has been posted already; very cool live clips included with this '73 interview on the Australian/NZ tour. The Australian Tour Special documentary had live clips with o/d sound if I recall but this has the actual live sound.

[youtu.be]

Mick is in a strange mood in this interview, , this is Mick with NO Filter, rebellious , controversial, he'd be dammed for saying these things today.
He's not a lover of women is he, really showed in this interview.
Mick saying he won't carry on for very long made me laugh.

And Mick Taylor on fire as always, what a player, damn i love my Rolling Stones tonight, thanks for posting IrelandCalling4, but the media will have a field day with this if it gets out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-01 02:34 by keithsman.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 5, 2019 06:43

video: [youtu.be]
Here is another one that was posted today. I hope this posts properly, I have a lot of trouble with the technology of this website!
He makes a political comment at the end and once the cameras cut he says “you can edit out that last bit” and the interviewer says “hmmm?” and nick responds “never mind”. Made me laugh.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 5, 2019 09:15

keithsman
IrelandCalling4

[youtu.be]

Mick is in a strange mood in this interview, , this is Mick with NO Filter, rebellious , controversial, he'd be dammed for saying these things today.

And Mick Taylor on fire as always, what a player, damn i love my Rolling Stones tonight, thanks for posting IrelandCalling4, but the media will have a field day with this if it gets out.

I watched Mick on this 1973 black and white clip, and he got asked questions about groupies- he said there were groupies that go w/ security, car drivers, etc. they just want to be involved, but he doesn’t like to see any of them get abused.
How is that not liking women??
Also, in 1973 his marriage to Bianca started to get rocky, believe that’s where he said women are good for writing songs when they give you a bad time.
No malice.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 5, 2019 10:05

Mick seemed chemically altered in the live boots from that Australian tour (Perth, Sydney). Or maybe he was just in an Aussie state of mind. The jet lag seems to get to some people and it can take time to adjust,

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 5, 2019 10:10

Once I asked a film producer who had done some rock documentaries if there was a possibility to do a documentary of the 1973 Tour of Europe - which I regard to this day as their greatest tour ever! - by using news clips, interviews, and concert footage. He replied per Email that buying the rights would be too expensive.

What a shame! The longer you wait, the more material will be difficult to Access and/or get damaged.

Date: April 5, 2019 10:14

35love
keithsman
IrelandCalling4

[youtu.be]

I watched Mick on this 1973 black and white clip, and he got asked questions about groupies- he said there were groupies that go w/ security, car drivers, etc. they just want to be involved, but he doesn’t like to see any of them get abused.
How is that not liking women??
Also, in 1973 his marriage to Bianca started to get rocky, believe that’s where he said women are good for writing songs when they give you a bad time.
No malice.

If you can't understand that, you can't understand anything.
Not just from that interview either, looking back at his relationships, lyrics etc.

Date: April 5, 2019 15:57

marianna
Mick seemed chemically altered in the live boots from that Australian tour (Perth, Sydney). Or maybe he was just in an Aussie state of mind. The jet lag seems to get to some people and it can take time to adjust,

The 73 Far East tour is Live Stones at their very best IMO. Two of my alltime fave boots are from that tour: Sydney and Perth.
The Perth show is in such pristine sound quality that you can even hear JIM PRICE!! I am so amazed that they have never done something with that show. Nicky is all over the place. Bobby and Jim; and he five guys of course. Just an amazing show.
Performance wise the Sydney show is even better. Also top notch quality.
When I saw header I wasn't sure if it was going to be either the press conference with the whole band, which is great. Keith on another planet.
Or if it was going to be the interview in some hotel room where Jagger looks like he's got a dead raccoon on his head.

Date: April 5, 2019 16:21

“If you can't understand that, you can't understand anything.
Not just from that interview either, looking back at his relationships, lyrics etc.”

I don’t want to fight. Can’t we have different opinions without you thinking
‘Less’ of me.
I wasn’t referring to his entire life, which btw, I am not privy to,
nor
what his reality verses tabloid.
I was commenting on the thread’s actual posted clip,
in which I looked at only because it seemed to you he might have been offensive.
IMO, after viewing most of it, I commented I disagreed with your assessment.
That’s all.

Date: April 5, 2019 16:31

35love
Not just from that interview either, looking back at his relationships, lyrics etc.”

‘Less’ of me.
nor
in which I looked at only because it seemed to you he might have been offensive.
That’s all.

winking smiley No worries 35love, i happen to think you are great on here, a one off original thinker like our friend Hopkins. You don't usually take things too seriously unless we get on the subject of men and women / men vs women grinning smiley
Anyway i like your style if you must know, really funny sometimes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 16:33 by keithsman.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:35

keithsman

I feel like on this brief tour, the way he acted in interviews was an odd flash-forward to his '78 persona. Also, is that "Theme from a summer place" in the background?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 16:47 by ryanpow.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 5, 2019 16:45

keithsman

He's not a lover of women is he

keithsman
Not just from that interview either, looking back at his relationships, lyrics etc.

Saying Mick is not a lover of women, in any context, is a bit like saying Keith is not a lover of the guitar, or the Pope is not a lover of prayer.. etc.

Absurd cool smiley

Date: April 5, 2019 16:46

keithsman
35love

‘Less’ of me.
nor
That’s all.

winking smiley No worries 35love, i happen to think you are great on here, a one off original thinker like our friend Hopkins. You don't usually take things too seriously unless we get on the subject of men and women / men vs women grinning smiley
Anyway i like your style if you must know, really funny sometimes.

Well THANKS that was nice!

Date: April 5, 2019 16:47

MisterDDDD
keithsman

He's not a lover of women is he

keithsman

Saying Mick is not a lover of women, in any context, is a bit like saying Keith is not a lover of the guitar, or the Pope is not a lover of prayer.. etc.

Absurd cool smiley

This is just the sort of thing we was talking about on another thread, people like you trying to be clever deliberately misinterpreting my post on purpose to put me down.
Yes of course he enjoys sex with them, you know i know that.

Date: April 5, 2019 16:52

Anyway, far as the clip, I think he’s adorablely young,
a little high maybe, and it reflects
Long, long time ago....

Date: April 5, 2019 17:07

35love
Long, long time ago....

He's 30 years old, not really an excuse for what he was saying about women, he back tracked towards the end of the interview to recover or to try to make what he said acceptable but we know what he meant , we know where he's coming from. Maybe you can't see it, not everyone notices the essence of someone, i love Mick the artist but i don't warm to Mick the man.
I love Ginger Bakers drumming but i think he's an arse hole, see what i mean winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 5, 2019 17:08

keithsman
This is just the sort of thing we was talking about on another thread, people like you trying to be clever deliberately misinterpreting my post on purpose to put me down.

Not sure why you post what some would clearly consider inflammatory or negative remarks and then attack the people who respond in disagreement? Twice already in this short thread.. If simply using your own words somehow offends,
you may want to consider getting a diary.

Date: April 5, 2019 17:12

MisterDDDD
keithsman

Not sure why you post what some would clearly consider inflammatory or negative remarks and then attack the people who respond in disagreement? Twice already in this short thread.. If simply using your own words somehow offends,
you may want to consider getting a diary.

I'm ever so sorry but you might be confusing me with someone who gives a damn what you think.winking smiley

Just kidding MisterDDD, your'e one of the good guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-05 17:14 by keithsman.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 5, 2019 17:27

keithsman
IrelandCalling4

[youtu.be]

You can tell by the way he numerous times mentioned his concern for how groupies are treated.

Date: April 5, 2019 17:52

stanlove
keithsman
IrelandCalling4

[youtu.be]

You can tell by the way he numerous times mentioned his concern for how groupies are treated.

So let me get this straight,

he said women should be equal to men so they can be attacked as much,

he said they should be attacked in every way not just physically,

he said he attacks them in his songs,

says women cause men a lot of trouble they don't need, he says the only good thing about women is they give him things to say in his songs,

he goes on to say that he likes groupies but they get abused and its hard not to abuse them.

OK OK it was a long time ago, and it was just him trying to be rebellious in the interview, but i wasn't picking up any love for women in his sentiments, at the end he says groupies are people and the problem is not to abuse them, so that was good to hear him say at least.
I mean Micks learnt not to talk so openly, and it was refreshing to hear him being so honest and candid, but i found it a bit shocking, especially in light of today's attitude, but back in the day, this was acceptable, these girls were just seen as pieces of meat.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 5, 2019 20:36

keithsman
stanlove
keithsman
IrelandCalling4

[youtu.be]

So let me get this straight,

he said women should be equal to men so they can be attacked as much,

he said they should be attacked in every way not just physically,

he said he attacks them in his songs,

says women cause men a lot of trouble they don't need, he says the only good thing about women is they give him things to say in his songs,

he goes on to say that he likes groupies but they get abused and its hard not to abuse them.

OK OK it was a long time ago, and it was just him trying to be rebellious in the interview, but i wasn't picking up any love for women in his sentiments, at the end he says groupies are people and the problem is not to abuse them, so that was good to hear him say at least.
I mean Micks learnt not to talk so openly, and it was refreshing to hear him being so honest and candid, but i found it a bit shocking, especially in light of today's attitude, but back in the day, this was acceptable, these girls were just seen as pieces of meat.

I have to admit for some reason i missed that part of the interview. I tried to skip music and must have skipped that also.. Yeah not real good.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 11, 2019 09:51

35love
Long, long time ago....

I think you hit the nail on the head. Mick is always like that, all fidgety and playing wiv his hair. If he's relaxed he behaves like this. As far as drugs go, remember he's had unlimited access to any effin thing he wants for 11 years in this interview; he's done it all. And if he knows he's going to be filmed, he's hardly likely to get loaded.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2019 09:59

…. ya gotta love the glint of his eyes …..

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home