Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: RIP Shelley Lazar
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:16

R.I.P. , We had the luck and fortune to meet her once in 2006 and this is so sad to hear .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:29

Shelley Lazar came into my life on February 15, 1998 at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. She presented herself with a smile, and passed on an envelope with a ticket to The Rolling Stones club show at The Joint the same night, given to me by Charlie. Then she told me she was there for me.

She was always kind, she took her time to walk over to me when I was in Toronto or other places for rehearsals, when she was out with her dogs, or when she saw me around. Life on the road can get lonely, when you are away from your family for months. Shelley was like family for me, a good friend, and she treated me with the same respect as the real VIP's she took care of in the big cities.

When there was a last show of a tour I was sad and then she gave me a hug and said there will be more. One day I will write a book about my Stones tours and travels, and one of the chapters will be about Shelley Lazar. She will be deeply missed.

Shelley Lazar in memory

Bjornulf

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 14:43

I met Shelley in Boston a few years ago,she was so kind,I got to hold one of her dogs,we will miss you Shelley,r.i.p.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:21

Sad news. I met Shelley a couple of times. First was in Buenos Aires in 2016 when I was desperately trying to get a ticket for one of the Stones shows there. No luck!

Then later that year in Washington D.C. I spoke to her for a few seconds at a Paul McCartney soundcheck. She was lovely and was encouraging all of us to dance and have a great time.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2019 15:53

Mr Jimmy
Sad news. I met Shelley a couple of times. First was in Buenos Aires in 2016 when I was desperately trying to get a ticket for one of the Stones shows there. No luck!

Then later that year in Washington D.C. I spoke to her for a few seconds at a Paul McCartney soundcheck. She was lovely and was encouraging all of us to dance and have a great time.

Which makes me now realize that she was the "Shirley" doing exactly that at the Macca Paris 2016 soundcheck during "San Francisco Bay Blues" that Paul dedicated to her. Here's a Lo-Fi recording I made at the time : [we.tl]

Never met her but heard a lot about her since 2012, only kind words, RIP

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:03

RIP
What will a RS-tour be without you.. Thank you for all.. You will be missed sadly.

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Jbargar ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:10

Met her twice and she was lovely both times. RIP Shelley.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 1, 2019 16:46

I love the Paul McCartney tribute video to Shelley! Watch Paul McCartney dedicate “San Francisco Bay Blues” to Shelley Lazar at the 2013 Outside Lands festival in San Francisco: [www.jambase.com]

Shelley Lazar ‘The Ticket Queen’ Dies At Age 69

Shelley Lazar, known in the music industry as “The Ticket Queen” or as Keith Richards christened her the “MFTQ,” died of cancer earlier today (Sunday, March 31). The news was confirmed by Pollstar. Lazar was a pioneer who helped start the trend of VIP ticketing that has become so prevalent in the industry over the past decade.

“The Ticket Queen” was best known for her work handling VIP ticket services for such acts as The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and Elton John but got her start as a public school teacher in New York City. Chris Rock and Scandal’s Patty Smyth were two of her students at Brooklyn’s PS 277. Lazar worked part-time in the early-70s in various positions within the music industry including catering, booking and logistics, yet it was the delicate art of handling guest ticketing in which she thrived. After a stint at Bill Graham’s Fillmore East, she became an employee of impresario Ron Delsner and the two had a long and fruitful working relationship and friendship that lasted until her death. Along the way she spent time on the road with Bruce Springsteen organizing his guest ticketing, a role she held with a who’s who of rock legends.

In 1989, promoter Michael Cohl promoted The Rolling Stones’ famed Steel Wheels tour and worked with Lazar to create what Dean Budnick and Josh Baron’s Ticket Masters book called “the first large-scale VIP ticketing operation” for the band’s first tour since 1982. Shelley went to Michael with her plan and urged, “We can do it. Let’s dip our toes in the major markets. The worst that can happen is we don’t sell any and we release those tickets to public sale.” The effort was a huge success. Previously, Lazar has packaged great tickets with pre-show dinner packages on smaller scales as per Ticket Masters. Graham came calling shortly before his tragic death in 1991 to hire Shelley for Bill Graham Presents. She served as Vice President/Artist Relations and Special Projects Coordinator before striking out on her own in 2002. Lazar founded SLO Limited in 2002, a company that quickly became a successful VIP ticket service provider. Shelley sold SLO to Ticketmaster in 2008 but remained on as CEO.

Shelley had a huge heart and put in plenty of time and effort to various causes and non-profit organizations such as the Bill Graham Memorial Foundation, Human Rights Watch, Elton John’s AIDS Foundation, Little Kids Rock and The Taylor Family Foundation. Lazar was also a lover of animals and french bulldogs in particular. JamBase sends its thoughts to Shelley Lazar’s friends and family.

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:04

Freddie Sessler connected me to her in 89.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:11

Very sorry to hear this. I never met her but I've heard so much about her. ms sucks.

Posted by: rollingandre ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:36

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN !

Shelley,

A very nice person who always took care about people. She was very kind.
Thanks Shelley for your help. Rest in peace !

Posted by: altoyz ()
Date: April 1, 2019 18:42

What a loss! She treated all like friends, Last I saw her, she was offering - no insisting - that we take some cupcakes. It's not only a loss to the music industry, its a loss to all. Condolences to her family. It was an honor and privilege to have known you, even a little bit.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 1, 2019 21:24

Shelly was such a wonderful person!
WITH GREAT GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: April 1, 2019 22:28

Thank you Shelley. RIP

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2019 22:59

gotdablouse
Mr Jimmy

Which makes me now realize that she was the "Shirley" doing exactly that at the Macca Paris 2016 soundcheck during "San Francisco Bay Blues" that Paul dedicated to her. Here's a Lo-Fi recording I made at the time : [we.tl]

Never met her but heard a lot about her since 2012, only kind words, RIP

I was at that show and queued for 7 hours in pouring rain, ending up in row 4 or 5. Great show.

Back on topic, she sounds like an extraordinary lady with some lovely tributes to her on here. Speaks volumes for her that she had such good relations with both Macca and the Stones and other artists too.

Posted by: roma_run ()
Date: April 2, 2019 07:56

Thank you Shelley - I'll miss your smile

Date: April 2, 2019 13:10

Shelley's favorite color was green, just like her eyes.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 2, 2019 22:14

Somewhere is the idea I was just another face in the crowd and this woman was good with names, but she remembered mine. Shelly was a legend to me before I met her. I could go on and on about my encounters and my feelings , but I'm not sure a public forum is the best for this. Besides at some point it becomes more about me then, and it should definitely be about her She always treated me well , she always made me feel special, and I will miss her.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 2, 2019 23:22

Sad news. I once met you and I remember the sweet dog.

Rest In Peace. You will be missed.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 3, 2019 00:54

So Sad to hear about Shelley. She was a force of nature and a force of rock ‘n’ roll and will be greatly missed

Date: April 4, 2019 01:24

Date: April 4, 2019 01:31

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 4, 2019 09:45

Nice pictures. Thanks exilestones

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home